Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ruptured Plantar Fascia

Posted by Kathy D on 2/04/02 at 20:55 (072586)

Wrote in several weeks ago, w/severe pain in bottom of arch. Diagnosed w/PF and given 3 cortisone shots within 3 weeks. Encountered ripping sensation severaldyaw prior to Christmas & was diagnosed w/rupture of the PF. Recent MRI is inconclusive. Does not show rupture, just some swelling of tissue around the bones.

I still have severe pain above the arch, a feeling like walking on a beanbag at the balls of my foot and my toes are curling under so badly that I can barely get my foot in any of my shoes.

Any thoughts to go with ???

Re: Ruptured Plantar Fascia

judyml on 2/05/02 at 07:23 (072614)

Kathy,
I am having the 'toe curling syndrome' also, but I am 6 months post-op open fasciotomy.
I have swelling in the ball of my foot and I have a very odd pain/sensation in my little toe. I also have a strange feeling along the lateral edge of my foot.
Judy

Re: Ruptured Plantar Fascia

judyml on 2/05/02 at 07:23 (072614)

Kathy,
I am having the 'toe curling syndrome' also, but I am 6 months post-op open fasciotomy.
I have swelling in the ball of my foot and I have a very odd pain/sensation in my little toe. I also have a strange feeling along the lateral edge of my foot.
Judy