Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

S.WAVE TREATMENT

Posted by Pat Miller on 2/05/02 at 18:22 (072686)

I have pain every step I take. I have 6 or maybe even more the side exray showed 6 heel spurs . I do not want shots insert s I need help and a remedyto get rid of this problem. I live in Culpeper ,Virginia is there anywhere close I can get this s.wave treatment. I am also a diabetic and I currently am controling with diet but would rather not be cut on my heel. Iwill be waiting with hope:)
Thanks
Pat Miller

Re: S.WAVE TREATMENT

Dr. Marlene Reid on 2/08/02 at 00:04 (072993)

For the Ossatron, there are certain restrictions the FDA has put on using the machine. Failed conservative treatments is necessary before the Ossatron can be used on you.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/08/02 at 11:47 (073029)

Hi

Could you tell us more about how long you have had this problem and what kind of treatments you have tried. We have using ESWT for over two years with very effective pain relief rsolution. If you would like to have additional informatoin please e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed)

Lori on 2/22/02 at 15:13 (074720)

Are you the same Dr. Reid that works for Aetna Healthcare. They denied to pay for Shock Wave Treatment this week for my husband Keith Hager, Bartlett, Illinois. He has tried everything including 2 open surgeries, nights splint, therapy, shots, everything. This is his last resort to relieve this two year pain in both his feet. I do not understand why they would deny this surgery but would pay for another open surgery which would take 6-12 weeks recovery again!!!!! Why?????? What do we have insurance for?

John h on 2/22/02 at 18:40 (074748)

Lori: The insurance companies deny it for one simple reason. MONEY! They can pay for surgery in the amounit of a few hundred dollars (doctors can correct that) or pay $3000 -$9000 for ESWT. Until the price of ESWT comes down the insurance companies will fight it to the bitter end. If a patient has a bad outcome with surgery the insurance company does not have to worry about disability,pain,suffering or any of the other stuff. That is not there problem.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 2/08/02 at 00:04 (072993)

For the Ossatron, there are certain restrictions the FDA has put on using the machine. Failed conservative treatments is necessary before the Ossatron can be used on you.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/08/02 at 11:47 (073029)

Hi

Could you tell us more about how long you have had this problem and what kind of treatments you have tried. We have using ESWT for over two years with very effective pain relief rsolution. If you would like to have additional informatoin please e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed)

Lori on 2/22/02 at 15:13 (074720)

Are you the same Dr. Reid that works for Aetna Healthcare. They denied to pay for Shock Wave Treatment this week for my husband Keith Hager, Bartlett, Illinois. He has tried everything including 2 open surgeries, nights splint, therapy, shots, everything. This is his last resort to relieve this two year pain in both his feet. I do not understand why they would deny this surgery but would pay for another open surgery which would take 6-12 weeks recovery again!!!!! Why?????? What do we have insurance for?

John h on 2/22/02 at 18:40 (074748)

Lori: The insurance companies deny it for one simple reason. MONEY! They can pay for surgery in the amounit of a few hundred dollars (doctors can correct that) or pay $3000 -$9000 for ESWT. Until the price of ESWT comes down the insurance companies will fight it to the bitter end. If a patient has a bad outcome with surgery the insurance company does not have to worry about disability,pain,suffering or any of the other stuff. That is not there problem.