Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Survey - How many have developed pain on the sole of the foot as a result of TTS surgery?

Posted by Henry C on 2/06/02 at 07:09 (072759)

Hello Everybody,

I would like to do a survey to see how many out there have developed pain on the sole of the foot as a result of TTS surgery?

If so, can you describe the type of pain you have experienced and what have you and your doctor tried to do to relieve it. Most importantly, if you have had any success, please share what you have done.

Thanks,

Henry

Re: Survey - How many have developed pain on the sole of the foot as a result of TTS surgery?

chris on 2/07/02 at 07:40 (072889)

Since having surgery, I have had no pain in the heel of foot. The only time I did have pain was a few weeks ago and it was on the upper side of the ankle. Funny thing is, a pretty big snowstorm was predicted in our area and after the storm the pain went away. Any connections?? I have no idea, but it was kinda wierd!

Re: Survey - How many have developed pain on the sole of the foot as a result of TTS surgery?

Shelley G on 2/11/02 at 12:27 (073357)

Hi, Henry,

My husband has had two TTS release surgeries...one on each ankle. Neither surgery has provided relief from his foot pain and numbness, but neither has it caused him to have an additional pain location. Pretty much his started as numbness and pain in his middle toes, bilaterally, and progressed down the center of his foot. When the release surgeries were done, the pain and numbness had progressed from his toes to about half-way toward his heels. Sadly, now, the numbness, pain, etc. has progressed to include the entire bottom of his feet, clear to the heel and has spread side to side, also.

Shelley

chris on 2/07/02 at 07:40 (072889)

Since having surgery, I have had no pain in the heel of foot. The only time I did have pain was a few weeks ago and it was on the upper side of the ankle. Funny thing is, a pretty big snowstorm was predicted in our area and after the storm the pain went away. Any connections?? I have no idea, but it was kinda wierd!

Shelley G on 2/11/02 at 12:27 (073357)

Hi, Henry,

My husband has had two TTS release surgeries...one on each ankle. Neither surgery has provided relief from his foot pain and numbness, but neither has it caused him to have an additional pain location. Pretty much his started as numbness and pain in his middle toes, bilaterally, and progressed down the center of his foot. When the release surgeries were done, the pain and numbness had progressed from his toes to about half-way toward his heels. Sadly, now, the numbness, pain, etc. has progressed to include the entire bottom of his feet, clear to the heel and has spread side to side, also.

Shelley