Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Help!!

Posted by Ken A. on 2/06/02 at 15:35 (072815)

Please refer to my earlier message...I seem to be on the outside looking in....:(
Help!
Ken

Re: Ken

wendyn on 2/06/02 at 23:23 (072877)

Sorry bout that Ken!

I haven't had the surgery, so I can't speak to TTS surgery itself.

I'm assuming that you are comfortable with your decision, you've done your homework - got the second opinion etc.

Once you've done all that - you really just have to take a deep breath and be positive. Most people say the surgery is not so bad - follow the doctors orders, don't overdo it - and keep up on your pain meds that are prescribed.

Pain seems to be easier to control if you don't let it get out of hand.

Remember that feet heal very slowly - recovery will take time! I have had bunion surgery so this part I do know from experience.

If you smoke - make every effort to stop, it will affect your healing and your circulation to your foot.

Keep popping in here for support - and you can do a search on the TTS board for surgery for some personal feedback from others.

All the best!

Re: To Ken A. from Kathy G

Kathy G on 2/07/02 at 09:45 (072902)

Can't even imagine what happened yesterday! I wrote some inane posting regarding the fact that they have snow in Texas and we don't in NH, and when I clicked on 'Post message', my computer stopped loading at 37%. So, I hit 'stop' and tried clicking 'Post message' again and the same thing happened. Since my posting wasn't earthshatteringly important, I just closed the site and signed offline. I have no idea why you're postings appeared under my subject line.

Maybe you were posting at exactly the same time I was attempting to - who knows the mysteries of cyberspace? Hope this one posts OK and hope you get your own posting up!

Re: Another posting from Kathy G to Ken A.

Kathy G on 2/07/02 at 09:49 (072903)

OK, this is really weird. I was on the Social support board when I posted both the post prior to this one and the two yesterday that I mentioned above. I think either I, or my computer, are totally cracking up!

Hopefully, the computer gods will be more favorable today. And I hope your TTS is coming along. Good luck!

Re: Ken

wendyn on 2/06/02 at 23:23 (072877)

Sorry bout that Ken!

I haven't had the surgery, so I can't speak to TTS surgery itself.

I'm assuming that you are comfortable with your decision, you've done your homework - got the second opinion etc.

Once you've done all that - you really just have to take a deep breath and be positive. Most people say the surgery is not so bad - follow the doctors orders, don't overdo it - and keep up on your pain meds that are prescribed.

Pain seems to be easier to control if you don't let it get out of hand.

Remember that feet heal very slowly - recovery will take time! I have had bunion surgery so this part I do know from experience.

If you smoke - make every effort to stop, it will affect your healing and your circulation to your foot.

Keep popping in here for support - and you can do a search on the TTS board for surgery for some personal feedback from others.

All the best!

Re: To Ken A. from Kathy G

Kathy G on 2/07/02 at 09:45 (072902)

Can't even imagine what happened yesterday! I wrote some inane posting regarding the fact that they have snow in Texas and we don't in NH, and when I clicked on 'Post message', my computer stopped loading at 37%. So, I hit 'stop' and tried clicking 'Post message' again and the same thing happened. Since my posting wasn't earthshatteringly important, I just closed the site and signed offline. I have no idea why you're postings appeared under my subject line.

Maybe you were posting at exactly the same time I was attempting to - who knows the mysteries of cyberspace? Hope this one posts OK and hope you get your own posting up!

Re: Another posting from Kathy G to Ken A.

Kathy G on 2/07/02 at 09:49 (072903)

OK, this is really weird. I was on the Social support board when I posted both the post prior to this one and the two yesterday that I mentioned above. I think either I, or my computer, are totally cracking up!

Hopefully, the computer gods will be more favorable today. And I hope your TTS is coming along. Good luck!