Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

haglunds deformity

Posted by Bernadette W. on 2/07/02 at 12:20 (072917)

I have had it! I had surgery last April to remove my haglunds. I have incurred alot of scar tissue on my heels from the surgery. As a matter of fact my heels look worse now, than they did prior to surgery. It has been ten months now. My docter wants me to wait two more months to see if any changes occur. I do not think waiting another two months is going to change anything. I feel as though my life has been put on hold. Oh, I failed to mention I also had bunion surgery at the same time as my haglunds and have since broken my right toe (Bone graph and pin required to repair) and have been in a cast since Dec. 11th. I have been unable to drive, this has been tough duty especially when you are a single Mon. So yes, I am cranky and would like to have surgery to remove the scar tissue from my heels now while I am still recovering from my broken toe. Is there any other alternative measures besides surgery to eliminate the scar tissue from the back of my heels? If I do have surgery, what are my chances of scar tissue forming again? What would my recovery time be for the removal of scar tissue?

I hope you can help me soon. Thanks,

Bernadette

Re: removing scars

Carole C in NOLA on 2/07/02 at 12:50 (072922)

My Dad (who's been dead 20 years) was a plastic surgeon. They do lots of different things to remove scars. The type of method and success of different methods depends on the individual and how badly they scar. Maybe you could consult with a plastic surgeon, who could either work with your foot surgeon or work on the scars afterwards.

Carole C

Re: haglunds deformity

Dr. Marlene Reid on 2/07/02 at 23:58 (072991)

Have they tried a course of ultrasound or one of the newer scar pressure pads??

Re: removing scars

Carole C in NOLA on 2/07/02 at 12:50 (072922)

My Dad (who's been dead 20 years) was a plastic surgeon. They do lots of different things to remove scars. The type of method and success of different methods depends on the individual and how badly they scar. Maybe you could consult with a plastic surgeon, who could either work with your foot surgeon or work on the scars afterwards.

Carole C

Re: haglunds deformity

Dr. Marlene Reid on 2/07/02 at 23:58 (072991)

Have they tried a course of ultrasound or one of the newer scar pressure pads??