Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Achiiles Problem

Posted by Lorrie on 2/07/02 at 15:40 (072933)

I am a 41 year old female competivitive distance runner. Below are the results of a receont MRI that I had done for Achilles Tendinitis. I would like to know if there is a way of treating this without surgery. What should I or should I not do?

MRI Impression:

Linear partial vertically oriented tear extending for 3cm within the non-insertional watershed zone of the Achilles tendon superimposed on severe Achilles tendinopathy. This involves approximately one third of the thickness of the tendon. There is no evidence of tendon retraction. There is evidence of peritendinitis and paratendinitis.

Normal teno-osseous insertion of the Achilles tendon.

Tenosynovitis involving the posterior tibialis and flexor digitorum longus tendons as well as the peroneal tendons. There is not evidence of tendon tear.

Re: Achiiles Problem

BG CPed on 2/07/02 at 18:45 (072961)

Not trying to be cute but dont run through it, hopw one of the Docs can give you info but what did your Doc tell you?

Lorrie on 2/08/02 at 07:43 (073015)

He said to cross train but he also suggested surgury. I am trying to find out if this can heal without surgury. I am not running but am biking, using an eliptical trainer and lifting weights upper body only.

BG CPed on 2/07/02 at 18:45 (072961)

Not trying to be cute but dont run through it, hopw one of the Docs can give you info but what did your Doc tell you?

Lorrie on 2/08/02 at 07:43 (073015)

He said to cross train but he also suggested surgury. I am trying to find out if this can heal without surgury. I am not running but am biking, using an eliptical trainer and lifting weights upper body only.