Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Carmen

Posted by rebecca h on 2/07/02 at 21:04 (072970)

Carmen- I started to write this on the Doctors board but thought I should move over here... I've been reading some old posts from your 'early days' here on heelspurs and have been amazed by the similarities in pain locations to mine. And the way it moves around. Anyway, back to the Danskos...oh, no, maybe I should have posted on Shoes! OH, WELL. Anyway, I went ahead and bought some Dansko Ingrid clogs and my pain level has decreased from a 6 to a 3. It's only been since yesterday so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but wow! What can I say? They reallllly feel better. Maybe I'm a slow learner, but all this time I've been thinking I needed more cushioning for the pain in my forefeet (actually this is a similarity I don't think we share?) But apparently I needed the support more than the cushioning. So APPARENTLY the archsupport is holding my foot in such a good position that the forefoot is not doing whatever weird thing it was doing that was hurting so much. Anyway, a couple of questions..... What other (if any) shoes are you finding helpful? And... are you doing those yoga excercises from Julie? And are they helping? Looking forward to hearing from you...

Rebecca

Re: Carmen

Carole C in NOLA on 2/07/02 at 21:18 (072972)

Rebecca, this is good to hear! Sounds like these Dansko's are working out well for you. :)

My feet seem to need support more than cushioning too. It constantly amazes me that I can wear Birkenstocks, which I would not even try on the first time I saw them because the sole felt so hard.

Carole C

Re: REbecca

Carmen H on 2/08/02 at 07:15 (073008)

Hello!

Yes it has been a strange road with this PFand Iam ready to get off of it and onto a new one. ;-)
I have been through many thoughts since I got this and the first was that I needed strong support in my arch but soft enough to not put unnecessary pressure on the painful spots....so I was wearing Saucony's with inserts.
Those worked for awhile...and then I couldn't even put them on. I went and got Dansko's and for two whole days NO pain. My feet were adjusting to the new HARD support. Those shoes kept me walking. Literally. for along time. But as I mentioned I had to take a break from them.
So don't be discouraged if you need to alternate between shoes.
Shoes I would recommend if you have been suffering from similar symptoms as me? I wore a pair of The Walking Co. shoes with NO pain at all for a long time. They had a two inch heel on them (I still wear them for dress and appointments) and took that pressure off my nerves immediately.
Heck I was wearing them with PJ's. Cute huh? But it worked.
So the only three types of shoes I have been able to successfully wear are the Danskos, Walking Co, and New Balance. I could never go back to the Saucony's. Those were bad news for me.
I am going to get Orthotics adjusted today to fit a new pair of New Balance so we'll see.
I would move on to the Power Step Inserts next if the orthotics fail me miserably but need to give them a shot for $350!!!
I think the stretching has helped the most if you want the truth.
What do you do for relief?
What types of pain do you have now? Do you have burning pain and how long have you had PF?
I'd look up your story but I need to go to the POD in one hour and this town isn't favorable for geting around in.
:-)
Hotlanta!
Keep me posted.

Re: Carmen

Carole C in NOLA on 2/07/02 at 21:18 (072972)

Rebecca, this is good to hear! Sounds like these Dansko's are working out well for you. :)

My feet seem to need support more than cushioning too. It constantly amazes me that I can wear Birkenstocks, which I would not even try on the first time I saw them because the sole felt so hard.

Carole C

Re: REbecca

Carmen H on 2/08/02 at 07:15 (073008)

Hello!

Yes it has been a strange road with this PFand Iam ready to get off of it and onto a new one. ;-)
I have been through many thoughts since I got this and the first was that I needed strong support in my arch but soft enough to not put unnecessary pressure on the painful spots....so I was wearing Saucony's with inserts.
Those worked for awhile...and then I couldn't even put them on. I went and got Dansko's and for two whole days NO pain. My feet were adjusting to the new HARD support. Those shoes kept me walking. Literally. for along time. But as I mentioned I had to take a break from them.
So don't be discouraged if you need to alternate between shoes.
Shoes I would recommend if you have been suffering from similar symptoms as me? I wore a pair of The Walking Co. shoes with NO pain at all for a long time. They had a two inch heel on them (I still wear them for dress and appointments) and took that pressure off my nerves immediately.
Heck I was wearing them with PJ's. Cute huh? But it worked.
So the only three types of shoes I have been able to successfully wear are the Danskos, Walking Co, and New Balance. I could never go back to the Saucony's. Those were bad news for me.
I am going to get Orthotics adjusted today to fit a new pair of New Balance so we'll see.
I would move on to the Power Step Inserts next if the orthotics fail me miserably but need to give them a shot for $350!!!
I think the stretching has helped the most if you want the truth.
What do you do for relief?
What types of pain do you have now? Do you have burning pain and how long have you had PF?
I'd look up your story but I need to go to the POD in one hour and this town isn't favorable for geting around in.
:-)
Hotlanta!
Keep me posted.