Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

poor shaq

Posted by Sandy H. on 2/07/02 at 21:26 (072973)

New York, Feb. 7 (Bloomberg) -- Los Angeles Lakers center
Shaquille O'Neal will miss Sunday's National Basketball
Association All-Star Game because of a sore toe, the NBA said.
He'll be replaced by Los Angeles Clippers forward Elton
Brand, the league said.
The Lakers placed O'Neal on the injured list, retroactive
to Wednesday, because of an arthritic big toe on his right foot.
He'll have to sit out another four games, meaning he'll be able
to return Feb. 19 against Boston.
On the subject of sore big toes....

Re: poor shaq

Normb on 2/08/02 at 09:02 (073020)

Anybody here have a Shaq-Attack?!?!?

john h on 2/08/02 at 10:22 (073022)

I sure hope Shaq does not have hallux limitus of the second joint of the great toe. I did and it did nothing but get worse until I had surgery. This is very similar to arthrits in that spurs form in the joint and the toe becomes so painful you can hardly walk. the toe when it flexes up causes the most pain. the toe will eventually look like you have a bunion except it does not turn in. more common in women than men as I personally know 3 women who have had it and had the surgery to correct it (chelictomy). Common to athletes especially basketball players because of the repetitive injury. One of my friends had the surgery and he is a paratrooper and he is back to jumping out of aircraft again.

Richard, C.Ped on 2/09/02 at 13:40 (073154)

I would be happy to make him a turf toe orthosis so he could play. Let's see, I am not a Lakers fan, so I think the price is...um....$45,000 (what a bargan!!!).
Richard

Normb on 2/08/02 at 09:02 (073020)

Anybody here have a Shaq-Attack?!?!?

john h on 2/08/02 at 10:22 (073022)

I sure hope Shaq does not have hallux limitus of the second joint of the great toe. I did and it did nothing but get worse until I had surgery. This is very similar to arthrits in that spurs form in the joint and the toe becomes so painful you can hardly walk. the toe when it flexes up causes the most pain. the toe will eventually look like you have a bunion except it does not turn in. more common in women than men as I personally know 3 women who have had it and had the surgery to correct it (chelictomy). Common to athletes especially basketball players because of the repetitive injury. One of my friends had the surgery and he is a paratrooper and he is back to jumping out of aircraft again.

Richard, C.Ped on 2/09/02 at 13:40 (073154)

I would be happy to make him a turf toe orthosis so he could play. Let's see, I am not a Lakers fan, so I think the price is...um....$45,000 (what a bargan!!!).
Richard