Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is it necessary to rest/ stay off feet after cortizone shots?

Posted by Nicole K. on 2/08/02 at 01:54 (072997)

I had shots in both my heels today and am actually feeling wuite good; well better than I have felt in a while but the pain is still there. I am really tempted to go do kickboxing tomorrow but am wondering if this is/ is not a good idea? Does the cortizone work better if I baby my foot or does it make no difference I am curious to know?

Re: Is it necessary to rest/ stay off feet after cortizone shots?

john h on 2/08/02 at 10:27 (073024)

Nicole: I hope you are kidding about going to kick boxing? You may feel good but now is not the time to really reinjure that foot. Now is the time to rest it. My biggest mistakes over the past years was when my feet felt somewhat good and I decided I could run or do some other things that were not good for my feet. Usually the cortisone good feeling will wear off and you will be back to some pain. I have had cortisone shots and yes my feet felt good for a week but they were no cure.

Re: Ditto John!

Carmen H on 2/08/02 at 11:46 (073028)

Nicole....
Yikes. I think if you are at the point of cortizone shots and found this board it may be time to let you know the hard truth about PF. It needs real time to rest. Not a night or a week...real time. Until you feel NO pain in your feet I would lay off the kickboxing. As an EX kickboxing fanatic I can tell you it would be unwise to do so.
I hope you have a speedy recovery but until you know it's better 100%....try to rest.

Re: Yes

BrianG on 2/08/02 at 21:39 (073106)

Hi Nicole,

I believe most cortisone shots contain an anesthetic, like Lidocaine. You heels may not be quite so numb in the morning. Like they say - REST ! Good luck

BCG

Re: Is it necessary to rest/ stay off feet after cortizone shots?

john h on 2/08/02 at 10:27 (073024)

Nicole: I hope you are kidding about going to kick boxing? You may feel good but now is not the time to really reinjure that foot. Now is the time to rest it. My biggest mistakes over the past years was when my feet felt somewhat good and I decided I could run or do some other things that were not good for my feet. Usually the cortisone good feeling will wear off and you will be back to some pain. I have had cortisone shots and yes my feet felt good for a week but they were no cure.

Re: Ditto John!

Carmen H on 2/08/02 at 11:46 (073028)

Nicole....
Yikes. I think if you are at the point of cortizone shots and found this board it may be time to let you know the hard truth about PF. It needs real time to rest. Not a night or a week...real time. Until you feel NO pain in your feet I would lay off the kickboxing. As an EX kickboxing fanatic I can tell you it would be unwise to do so.
I hope you have a speedy recovery but until you know it's better 100%....try to rest.

Re: Yes

BrianG on 2/08/02 at 21:39 (073106)

Hi Nicole,

I believe most cortisone shots contain an anesthetic, like Lidocaine. You heels may not be quite so numb in the morning. Like they say - REST ! Good luck

BCG