Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

post-surgery question

Posted by DW on 2/09/02 at 16:37 (073170)

(This is second attempt to post, so if it posts twice, I apologize.)

I had PF release/bone spur removal/nerve release done 8 weeks ago. While it was a very gradual process, my foot did feel a litte better every day. By last Monday, my foot felt great and I was very glad I'd gone thru with the surgery. Then, Monday evening as I was getting out of my car, it felt as tho I twisted my ankle, even tho I was not yet on my feet, merely turning in the seat to get out. I had immediate pain in the ankle joint, the outer edge of my foot and in the plantar arch. The ankle pain comes and goes, and sometimes it feels as tho something is 'caught' in the joint. I'm back to being very sore in the evenings, and having a lot of searing pain in the arch. I went to the ortho dr on Wednesday, and he put me on a Medrol pack and in an ace bandage. He's not sure what's going on, but said there is definite swelling. I go back in 3 weeks. Any ideas here from past experiences what could be going on? I appreciate any information.
Thanks.
DW

Re: post-surgery question----oops

DW on 2/10/02 at 10:15 (073243)

Just re-read and need to clarify: the swelling is generally over the entire top and bottom of the foot, especially at the inside arch area. The medrol is working on the ankle pain, but not the arch pain.
Thanks.
DW

Re: post-surgery question

floresm on 2/22/02 at 11:13 (074682)

I recently experience the same ankle pain when getting out of my car. Same exact situation, BUT I have not had the Plantar fasicotomy as of yet. (Still going the the usual treatment.)
The pain was intense and seemed strange to twist my ankle while getting out of the car without any real weight on it.
The pain subsided about 3 days later. (well, not the plantar pain) just the ankle.
Anyway, hope this sheds some light.

:)

Re: post-surgery question----oops

DW on 2/10/02 at 10:15 (073243)

Just re-read and need to clarify: the swelling is generally over the entire top and bottom of the foot, especially at the inside arch area. The medrol is working on the ankle pain, but not the arch pain.
Thanks.
DW

Re: post-surgery question

floresm on 2/22/02 at 11:13 (074682)

I recently experience the same ankle pain when getting out of my car. Same exact situation, BUT I have not had the Plantar fasicotomy as of yet. (Still going the the usual treatment.)
The pain was intense and seemed strange to twist my ankle while getting out of the car without any real weight on it.
The pain subsided about 3 days later. (well, not the plantar pain) just the ankle.
Anyway, hope this sheds some light.

:)