Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot diagram to be used for discussing particular places on the foot

Posted by Carole C in NOLA on 2/09/02 at 18:13 (073193)

Tammie mentioned that a diagram of the foot with circles marking particular places might be helpful in describing her foot pain to Elliott. I made a diagram like that, which is at

http://www.geocities.com/CLCinNOLA/footpain.html

Below it are foot diagrams that I did for another post, showing where my feet hurt, what my wonderful orthotics do to help me heal, and why Birkenstock bumps don't quite match up with my needs (though they help, the bumps aren't perfectly aligned).

Hope this helps, Tammie.

Carole C

Re: Foot diagram to be used for discussing particular places on the foot

Ron B on 2/09/02 at 18:32 (073199)

Carole,
Nice diagrams.
These will come in handy.
Thank you.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/09/02 at 18:35 (073201)

Good! I'm glad, and I hope they do. I am looking for a blank diagram of the side of the foot and ankle that I can decorate similarly, for you TTS sufferers. They aren't easy to find. I don't have TTS but it seems to me that that might be helpful too, maybe? I am guessing that the medial side would be best, but I'm looking for the lateral side too just in case. (?)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 2/09/02 at 19:31 (073205)

There! I found a diagram for the side view of the foot and ankle, as well as the other one for the bottom of the foot.

The only side view diagram that I could find isn't what I had hoped, and I'm not sure it's detailed enough to be as helpful as I'd like. I'll keep looking.

Carole C

Shelley G on 2/09/02 at 20:01 (073206)

Thank you, Carole, for your hard work. The diagrams will be very helpful, not only in discussing problems via the web, but I think also may have a place at doctor's visits. Thanks again.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/09/02 at 20:20 (073207)

You're welcome, Shelley, my pleasure. Everyone here has been so nice to me, and we all love Tammie... and when she mentioned this type of diagram might be helpful for her, I was glad to give it a try. I enjoy doing this sort of thing.

Please feel free to use them any way you want. I'm not sure they would help at doctors visits, though, because you couldn't you just point at your real life foot with a pen or something? Probably you could pinpoint the area a lot better that way. But you could use it to discuss where the doctor poked and elicited pain, and that kind of thing.

Carole C

Re: This what I had in mind

Shelley G on 2/09/02 at 23:00 (073218)

My husband's foot (actually feet) problems have been going on for over 2-1/2 years. Consequently, it isn't uncommon for his doctor(s)to not look at them during exams (nothing to see really), just ask him how he's doing and where the numbness is located on that particular day. Because I had to get his medical records for a referral, I've become aware that what is in the doctor's notes is not exactly what my husband said about the location of the pain and numbness. I was thinking that if, before an office call, he could mark the problem areas, the doctor could refer to the diagram while dictating his notes or place the dated diagram in the chart. I may be reaching and this may be overkill, but after all we've been through on this I'm all over this documentation thing. It makes life so much easier when seeing yet another doctor. Thanks again.
Shelley

Carole C in NOLA on 2/09/02 at 23:26 (073221)

Oh, I get it. :) Sure, that might work, good idea! You could also keep a copy of it for your own records, too, to look back on.

Carole C

eileenc on 2/10/02 at 09:06 (073234)

Thank you for these diagrams which I will use if I decide to go to Dr. Yu. They are a perfect way to 'be on the same page' when talking to a Dr.

Ron B on 2/09/02 at 18:32 (073199)

Carole,
Nice diagrams.
These will come in handy.
Thank you.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/09/02 at 18:35 (073201)

Good! I'm glad, and I hope they do. I am looking for a blank diagram of the side of the foot and ankle that I can decorate similarly, for you TTS sufferers. They aren't easy to find. I don't have TTS but it seems to me that that might be helpful too, maybe? I am guessing that the medial side would be best, but I'm looking for the lateral side too just in case. (?)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 2/09/02 at 19:31 (073205)

There! I found a diagram for the side view of the foot and ankle, as well as the other one for the bottom of the foot.

The only side view diagram that I could find isn't what I had hoped, and I'm not sure it's detailed enough to be as helpful as I'd like. I'll keep looking.

Carole C

Shelley G on 2/09/02 at 20:01 (073206)

Thank you, Carole, for your hard work. The diagrams will be very helpful, not only in discussing problems via the web, but I think also may have a place at doctor's visits. Thanks again.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/09/02 at 20:20 (073207)

You're welcome, Shelley, my pleasure. Everyone here has been so nice to me, and we all love Tammie... and when she mentioned this type of diagram might be helpful for her, I was glad to give it a try. I enjoy doing this sort of thing.

Please feel free to use them any way you want. I'm not sure they would help at doctors visits, though, because you couldn't you just point at your real life foot with a pen or something? Probably you could pinpoint the area a lot better that way. But you could use it to discuss where the doctor poked and elicited pain, and that kind of thing.

Carole C

Shelley G on 2/09/02 at 23:00 (073218)

My husband's foot (actually feet) problems have been going on for over 2-1/2 years. Consequently, it isn't uncommon for his doctor(s)to not look at them during exams (nothing to see really), just ask him how he's doing and where the numbness is located on that particular day. Because I had to get his medical records for a referral, I've become aware that what is in the doctor's notes is not exactly what my husband said about the location of the pain and numbness. I was thinking that if, before an office call, he could mark the problem areas, the doctor could refer to the diagram while dictating his notes or place the dated diagram in the chart. I may be reaching and this may be overkill, but after all we've been through on this I'm all over this documentation thing. It makes life so much easier when seeing yet another doctor. Thanks again.
Shelley

Carole C in NOLA on 2/09/02 at 23:26 (073221)

Oh, I get it. :) Sure, that might work, good idea! You could also keep a copy of it for your own records, too, to look back on.

Carole C

eileenc on 2/10/02 at 09:06 (073234)

Thank you for these diagrams which I will use if I decide to go to Dr. Yu. They are a perfect way to 'be on the same page' when talking to a Dr.