Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Janet C

Posted by Laurie R on 2/10/02 at 12:09 (073257)

Dear Janet , I was just thinking since you just got all your info together for your last appointment with your new doctor can you help me again ?

If you don't mind ,can you post here what you did to prepare for your appointment . The reason I am asking you post here is , their a few of us with important appointments coming up and I think it would help us all ...

Thank you so much Janet , as always for helping me my sweet angel .....

I hope you are having a great day .....

Much love , Laurie R

Re: To Janet C

Janet C on 2/10/02 at 20:37 (073311)

Dear Laurie,

You've been given some really great advice, below. I'll try to see if I can be of some help to you, too...

For your QME appt, your Drs. should fax copies of all your pertinent records to them beforehand. But I would suggest that you call your atty, and ask if they could assist you in obtaining records for your second opinion.

This last appt. I had, I wasn't able to get any copies of my med records from my Drs. to take with me, because my case is still in litigation, and my Drs. wouldn't release any of my records without a letter authorizing permission from my atty; and my atty. wouldn't write that letter without first obtaining a letter from the Dr. I was going to see, requesting them.

I was getting SO exhasperated by all the run-around, until finally, the new Dr. told me not to worry any more about it... just to come in to my appt, and we'd take it from there. When I went to the appt, the FNP (Family Nurse Practioner) wrote a short letter on the spot, and gave it to me to take or mail to my atty.

But I have written notes for my PM Dr. in the past, in an attempt to help him understand all the different things I've tried - so that we could save time and energy, and not repeat options that hadn't helped. I tried to list things in an easy-to-read format, so the Dr. could quickly scan my notes.

I listed:
Typical activities previously (to give him an idea of what my life was like prior to PF and RSD)
Present Activity Level
Symptoms
Surgeries for PF, TTS
Treatments (I listed everything I could remember, including: Cortisone, PT, TENS, Orthotics, Acupuncture, Biofeedback, and all the meds I've tried, including NSAIDS)
And then I listed some suggestions for treatments and meds that I hadn't tried, but I thought could be beneficial.

This turned out to be quite an effective way for the Dr. and I to reach an understanding.

I don't know if this will be of any help to you... and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask me, I'll try to help you in any way I can.

Wishing you the best, always!
With Love ~ Janet

Re: To Janet C

Janet C on 2/10/02 at 20:37 (073311)

Dear Laurie,

You've been given some really great advice, below. I'll try to see if I can be of some help to you, too...

For your QME appt, your Drs. should fax copies of all your pertinent records to them beforehand. But I would suggest that you call your atty, and ask if they could assist you in obtaining records for your second opinion.

This last appt. I had, I wasn't able to get any copies of my med records from my Drs. to take with me, because my case is still in litigation, and my Drs. wouldn't release any of my records without a letter authorizing permission from my atty; and my atty. wouldn't write that letter without first obtaining a letter from the Dr. I was going to see, requesting them.

I was getting SO exhasperated by all the run-around, until finally, the new Dr. told me not to worry any more about it... just to come in to my appt, and we'd take it from there. When I went to the appt, the FNP (Family Nurse Practioner) wrote a short letter on the spot, and gave it to me to take or mail to my atty.

But I have written notes for my PM Dr. in the past, in an attempt to help him understand all the different things I've tried - so that we could save time and energy, and not repeat options that hadn't helped. I tried to list things in an easy-to-read format, so the Dr. could quickly scan my notes.

I listed:
Typical activities previously (to give him an idea of what my life was like prior to PF and RSD)
Present Activity Level
Symptoms
Surgeries for PF, TTS
Treatments (I listed everything I could remember, including: Cortisone, PT, TENS, Orthotics, Acupuncture, Biofeedback, and all the meds I've tried, including NSAIDS)
And then I listed some suggestions for treatments and meds that I hadn't tried, but I thought could be beneficial.

This turned out to be quite an effective way for the Dr. and I to reach an understanding.

I don't know if this will be of any help to you... and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask me, I'll try to help you in any way I can.

Wishing you the best, always!
With Love ~ Janet