Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I was just diagnosed with TTS!!

Posted by Tina V on 2/11/02 at 11:36 (073346)

My name is Tina, I am 30 yrs old and have three children 15 mos- 12 yrs old. I am in constant pain and am trying to deal with all of this. Finally after 5 months and 3 ortho dr's i was diagnosed with tts,will be getting a emg in a couple of weeks. I am constantly on the go with my kids and is very hard to rest,i try to when i can,but the pain and burning gets so intense i literally feel like i'm going insane. I was shocked to see that there were so many people with the same thing,before last week i didn't even here of this before.I'm scared, but at least they found out what was wrong with me......now starts a very long journey to getting better. thank you Tina V

p.s I never thought i would be writing this to anyone.Thanks for the support.

Re: I was just diagnosed with TTS!!

Laurie R on 2/11/02 at 11:46 (073349)

Hi Tina , Welcome to the board , yes here you will find a lot of people just like yourself . If you are looking for support you came to the right place . I also have children ,so I know what you mean about not being able to rest. My advise to you is to read the pain book which you will find on the top of the page , so much info .... I wish you only the best ....

Laurie R

JudyS on 2/11/02 at 12:09 (073353)

Tina - yes, you've definately come to the right place! I can't say much about your TTS (others here will advise you well) because I haven't experienced it.....but, I can give you good reason to know that you have more power than you think you do right now. And, believe me, every single one of us has been in your current 'emotional' shoes!
Having said that - an amazing thing about the folks here is that we come from many, many different directions, ages, activities, professions, etc. - we are a seriously eclectic group of feet!
So, rule number one, let yourself be human with your concern and your fear....and when the time comes, go to the next step which is giving yourself the opportunity to take emotional control of that foot. We've all stared at our silly feet and accused them of being in control of us as though they're complete strangers to whom we have no allegiance. We've viewed them suspiciously, we've called them names, we've threatened to chop them off! Yuk.
Then, as these things go, many of us began to realize that we could actually exert some control over our feet, over the way we react to their pain, over their medical care, and over the lives we have that are not controlled by our feet - yes, that actually does exist although I personally know how hard it is to believe at the height of soreness coupled with a demanding life.
I would encourage you to reach towards that next step - the one that lets you take emotional control. Your feet are not the boss of you :)
You are actually in control when you choose not to do extra activity to give your foot a rest. You are actually in control of true progress when you let the kids help out, etc. You are actually in control when you follow doctor's orders. And you've exercised the most positive control of all by finding some pals right here. Moms here like Laurie, Tammy and TexBarb have learned many valuable tricks to stay connected to their children and to allow even the children some participation in their healing.

Re: doggone it!

JudyS on 2/11/02 at 12:12 (073354)

I was distracted by an IM pal and posted before I meant to - that's the second time that's happened! My brain is clearly turning to mush.
Anyway, Tina, hang with us - we'll make sure you get good info, good support and just a few good laughs along the way.
Remember who's in charge.

rose w. on 2/11/02 at 17:10 (073369)

I,ve had TSS symptoms for 7 years. 3 emg's, 2 podiatrists,1 neurologist, 2 physical therapists, 2 orthopedists- all of which have been useless. But you must try all your alternatives, as the cause of TSS, and therefore its treatment are many. Other things to try: supplements (LEF.org good site for information and ordering products) Hanna somatics- movement therapy (hannasomatics.com)Doctor of Osteopathy, Trigger point therapy, reflexology.

Laurie R on 2/11/02 at 11:46 (073349)

Hi Tina , Welcome to the board , yes here you will find a lot of people just like yourself . If you are looking for support you came to the right place . I also have children ,so I know what you mean about not being able to rest. My advise to you is to read the pain book which you will find on the top of the page , so much info .... I wish you only the best ....

Laurie R

JudyS on 2/11/02 at 12:09 (073353)

Tina - yes, you've definately come to the right place! I can't say much about your TTS (others here will advise you well) because I haven't experienced it.....but, I can give you good reason to know that you have more power than you think you do right now. And, believe me, every single one of us has been in your current 'emotional' shoes!
Having said that - an amazing thing about the folks here is that we come from many, many different directions, ages, activities, professions, etc. - we are a seriously eclectic group of feet!
So, rule number one, let yourself be human with your concern and your fear....and when the time comes, go to the next step which is giving yourself the opportunity to take emotional control of that foot. We've all stared at our silly feet and accused them of being in control of us as though they're complete strangers to whom we have no allegiance. We've viewed them suspiciously, we've called them names, we've threatened to chop them off! Yuk.
Then, as these things go, many of us began to realize that we could actually exert some control over our feet, over the way we react to their pain, over their medical care, and over the lives we have that are not controlled by our feet - yes, that actually does exist although I personally know how hard it is to believe at the height of soreness coupled with a demanding life.
I would encourage you to reach towards that next step - the one that lets you take emotional control. Your feet are not the boss of you :)
You are actually in control when you choose not to do extra activity to give your foot a rest. You are actually in control of true progress when you let the kids help out, etc. You are actually in control when you follow doctor's orders. And you've exercised the most positive control of all by finding some pals right here. Moms here like Laurie, Tammy and TexBarb have learned many valuable tricks to stay connected to their children and to allow even the children some participation in their healing.

Re: doggone it!

JudyS on 2/11/02 at 12:12 (073354)

I was distracted by an IM pal and posted before I meant to - that's the second time that's happened! My brain is clearly turning to mush.
Anyway, Tina, hang with us - we'll make sure you get good info, good support and just a few good laughs along the way.
Remember who's in charge.

rose w. on 2/11/02 at 17:10 (073369)

I,ve had TSS symptoms for 7 years. 3 emg's, 2 podiatrists,1 neurologist, 2 physical therapists, 2 orthopedists- all of which have been useless. But you must try all your alternatives, as the cause of TSS, and therefore its treatment are many. Other things to try: supplements (LEF.org good site for information and ordering products) Hanna somatics- movement therapy (hannasomatics.com)Doctor of Osteopathy, Trigger point therapy, reflexology.