Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Repeat question...please describe

Posted by Carmen H on 2/11/02 at 14:11 (073359)

Posterior Tibialis. (sp?) Also the main symptoms and treatment possibilities. Thank you!

Re: I'm creeping to the bottom again....creeepppiinnngggg.....

Carmen H on 2/12/02 at 15:11 (073474)

?

Re: I'm not a doctor (but if you are, please answer Carmen!)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/12/02 at 15:31 (073478)

Hi Carmen,

You know me - - I'm not a doctor. Until the doctors show up, here are some URL's that discuss the main symptoms and treatment possibilities for posterior tibialis.

After you go to each of the first two URLs below, you will need go under the Edit menu (in MSIE 5.5) to 'Find (on this page)' and copy and paste this into it:

posterior tibialis

so that you can find the part of the page that is on posterior tibialis. Here they are:

http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/1998/05may/stanish.htm

http://www.towsonsportsmedicine.com/foot_ankle.html

This last URL is a physical therapy site that just discusses treatments:
http://chehalempt.com/Anklefoot/post.tib_rehab.htm

Hope this helps until the docs arrive on this thread!

Carole C

Re: PS - -

Carole C in NOLA on 2/12/02 at 15:35 (073479)

PS, Carmen, the second URL looks like the best one. It lists causes, symptoms, and treatments. The first URL doesn't say much, and you have to search a couple of times on the page for posterior tibialis, but it has a diagram.

It looks like this is something that could happen to kick boxers. Didn't you say that you do kick boxing?

Carole C

Carmen H on 2/12/02 at 16:53 (073495)

yup. But my feet got injured AFTER that...long after that unfortunately.
I will check these out...the ones I found on the web were okay but not specific enough for me....I gotta have those details!
;-)
Thanks Carole. You're a peach!

Carmen H on 2/12/02 at 16:54 (073496)

GReat minds think alike Carole!
These are the EXACT ones I saw already! ha ha !
You and me...thinking alike!

Re: Oh shucks! Yoo-hoo, calling the foot doctors.... anybody out there? Over here!! :)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/12/02 at 17:04 (073500)

Darn, sorry that these are the same ones you saw. I thought they were pretty good! LOL

One thing I forgot to mention is that posterior tibialis is the name of the tendon, and the condition is posterior tibialis tendonitis (inflammation of the posterior tibialis tendon).

In that diagram t looks like the posterior tibialis goes right through the tarsal tunnel, so that is interesting. Also, it looks like inflammation of this tendon is the most common, even moreso than inflammation of the achilles tendon, and you don't want it to rupture on you.

Do you have any specific questions for the doctors, over and above what these general website descriptions of symptoms and treatments cover?

Carole C

Re: Oh shucks! Yoo-hoo, calling the foot doctors.... anybody out there? Over here!! :)

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/12/02 at 18:11 (073513)

This is Dr. Z I am here. I am not sure what is the quesions. Could you please tell what you need. I am going out for an hour will be back. Just either tell me the question or point me to the thread

Re: THE QUESTION FOR DOCS IS HERE, DR Z AND OTHERS

Carole C in NOLA on 2/12/02 at 18:21 (073515)

Dr. Z,

Carmen wants a doctor to describe posterior tibialis. (I think probably what she wants is posterior tibialis tendonitis?) Also the main symptoms and treatment possibilities. Thank you.

Carole C

Carmen H on 2/12/02 at 18:29 (073516)

The one that says Dr.'s Elaborate on your definition of Post tibial Tenodnitis......or something like that. DAted 2-9-02.
Your post made me laugh...'yooo hooooooo!!!!!'
:-)

Re: Dr .Z.....this may help explain what I as wondering....

Carmen H on 2/12/02 at 18:34 (073518)

ACtually I ask for their opinion or description on things sometimes because it cuts through al lthe jibberish that I won't need to know unless I was diagnosed with it. Me and my patience level....ugh. ;-)
I had Tendonitis in my shoulder and hamstring for a long time (still remains in the hammy) so I know what that feels like...was just wondering about how closely it relates to the pain of PF. I had an abnormal Tibial nerve conduction at one point when my feet were on fire...so now that the fire is gone I was wondering if it could have been that condition? The pain symptoms sound similar....no pain in the a.m. etc.
funny thing is....no doctor I have seen has ever even come up with an IDEA besides PF and TTS (which was negative).

Re: Sigh....still no response.....

Carmen H on 2/13/02 at 12:42 (073620)

I am feeling some abandonment issues from the sweet doctors.

Re: I think they must all be away, Carmen

Julie on 2/13/02 at 16:48 (073631)

Re: Oh well....travelling to the bottom again.

Carmen H on 2/15/02 at 07:44 (073770)

Oh well...

Re: I'm creeping to the bottom again....creeepppiinnngggg.....

Carmen H on 2/12/02 at 15:11 (073474)

?

Carole C in NOLA on 2/12/02 at 15:31 (073478)

Hi Carmen,

You know me - - I'm not a doctor. Until the doctors show up, here are some URL's that discuss the main symptoms and treatment possibilities for posterior tibialis.

After you go to each of the first two URLs below, you will need go under the Edit menu (in MSIE 5.5) to 'Find (on this page)' and copy and paste this into it:

posterior tibialis

so that you can find the part of the page that is on posterior tibialis. Here they are:

http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/1998/05may/stanish.htm

http://www.towsonsportsmedicine.com/foot_ankle.html

This last URL is a physical therapy site that just discusses treatments:
http://chehalempt.com/Anklefoot/post.tib_rehab.htm

Hope this helps until the docs arrive on this thread!

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 2/12/02 at 15:35 (073479)

PS, Carmen, the second URL looks like the best one. It lists causes, symptoms, and treatments. The first URL doesn't say much, and you have to search a couple of times on the page for posterior tibialis, but it has a diagram.

It looks like this is something that could happen to kick boxers. Didn't you say that you do kick boxing?

Carole C

Carmen H on 2/12/02 at 16:53 (073495)

yup. But my feet got injured AFTER that...long after that unfortunately.
I will check these out...the ones I found on the web were okay but not specific enough for me....I gotta have those details!
;-)
Thanks Carole. You're a peach!

Carmen H on 2/12/02 at 16:54 (073496)

GReat minds think alike Carole!
These are the EXACT ones I saw already! ha ha !
You and me...thinking alike!

Carole C in NOLA on 2/12/02 at 17:04 (073500)

Darn, sorry that these are the same ones you saw. I thought they were pretty good! LOL

One thing I forgot to mention is that posterior tibialis is the name of the tendon, and the condition is posterior tibialis tendonitis (inflammation of the posterior tibialis tendon).

In that diagram t looks like the posterior tibialis goes right through the tarsal tunnel, so that is interesting. Also, it looks like inflammation of this tendon is the most common, even moreso than inflammation of the achilles tendon, and you don't want it to rupture on you.

Do you have any specific questions for the doctors, over and above what these general website descriptions of symptoms and treatments cover?

Carole C

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/12/02 at 18:11 (073513)

This is Dr. Z I am here. I am not sure what is the quesions. Could you please tell what you need. I am going out for an hour will be back. Just either tell me the question or point me to the thread

Re: THE QUESTION FOR DOCS IS HERE, DR Z AND OTHERS

Carole C in NOLA on 2/12/02 at 18:21 (073515)

Dr. Z,

Carmen wants a doctor to describe posterior tibialis. (I think probably what she wants is posterior tibialis tendonitis?) Also the main symptoms and treatment possibilities. Thank you.

Carole C

Carmen H on 2/12/02 at 18:29 (073516)

The one that says Dr.'s Elaborate on your definition of Post tibial Tenodnitis......or something like that. DAted 2-9-02.
Your post made me laugh...'yooo hooooooo!!!!!'
:-)

Re: Dr .Z.....this may help explain what I as wondering....

Carmen H on 2/12/02 at 18:34 (073518)

ACtually I ask for their opinion or description on things sometimes because it cuts through al lthe jibberish that I won't need to know unless I was diagnosed with it. Me and my patience level....ugh. ;-)
I had Tendonitis in my shoulder and hamstring for a long time (still remains in the hammy) so I know what that feels like...was just wondering about how closely it relates to the pain of PF. I had an abnormal Tibial nerve conduction at one point when my feet were on fire...so now that the fire is gone I was wondering if it could have been that condition? The pain symptoms sound similar....no pain in the a.m. etc.
funny thing is....no doctor I have seen has ever even come up with an IDEA besides PF and TTS (which was negative).

Re: Sigh....still no response.....

Carmen H on 2/13/02 at 12:42 (073620)

I am feeling some abandonment issues from the sweet doctors.

Re: I think they must all be away, Carmen

Julie on 2/13/02 at 16:48 (073631)

Re: Oh well....travelling to the bottom again.

Carmen H on 2/15/02 at 07:44 (073770)

Oh well...