Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Success for Howard

Posted by john h on 2/12/02 at 09:31 (073418)

I received the following message from Howard concerning his ESWT treatment with Dr. Z: 'What an improvement!!!!!!! I had two treatments, two months apart. The first one did not help at all, but the second!!!!!
I'm like a new person. I'm able to walk with out pain, I started jogging for the first time in 15 years. What an unbelievable difference. I literally got a new lease on life. With all the shots, taping, pills and pain I've gone through over the years, I wish this was around years ago. I'm almost two months pain free. I don't count the little iceing I do. Thanks again for the information. Regards, Howard'

After 15 years there is apparently still hope.

Re: Success for Howard

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/12/02 at 10:45 (073424)

I am really glad he is doing great. The interesting thing about his case is that he got no relief at all the first time. The 2nd time he did. The literature and my experience has seen this before. The reason is due to either one of two reasons The shockwave didn't hit the area of damage . I don't think so because the same spot was treated or accumulative treatment make the difference. . John H told us that ossatron states they get 90% sucess with the second treatment. That is an accumulative effect.

Carol on 2/12/02 at 11:55 (073440)

Dr Z - I find your comments interesting about the shockwaves not hiting the area of damage. When I had mine done, there were numerous hospital staff watching the procedure and I felt the technician perhaps wasn't paying enough attention. Thus the reason I want to have it done again with 'nobody' in that room but me!!

Re: To John

Pauline on 2/12/02 at 15:36 (073480)

John,
Who is Howard? I don't remember him posting ever. When was the last time he posted for himself?

KP on 2/13/02 at 11:11 (073606)

Hm, intersting...

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/12/02 at 10:45 (073424)

I am really glad he is doing great. The interesting thing about his case is that he got no relief at all the first time. The 2nd time he did. The literature and my experience has seen this before. The reason is due to either one of two reasons The shockwave didn't hit the area of damage . I don't think so because the same spot was treated or accumulative treatment make the difference. . John H told us that ossatron states they get 90% sucess with the second treatment. That is an accumulative effect.

Carol on 2/12/02 at 11:55 (073440)

Dr Z - I find your comments interesting about the shockwaves not hiting the area of damage. When I had mine done, there were numerous hospital staff watching the procedure and I felt the technician perhaps wasn't paying enough attention. Thus the reason I want to have it done again with 'nobody' in that room but me!!

Pauline on 2/12/02 at 15:36 (073480)

John,
Who is Howard? I don't remember him posting ever. When was the last time he posted for himself?

KP on 2/13/02 at 11:11 (073606)

Hm, intersting...