Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

judy s --- have they found that little girl in California ? ( nm)

Posted by linda a on 2/12/02 at 18:48 (073521)

Re: judy s --- have they found that little girl in California ? ( nm)

JudyS on 2/12/02 at 20:48 (073536)

Not yet, Linda. A neighbor is, thus far, the only suspect and the authorities are reluctant to even call him that..although they do tail him every minute of every day!
Many locals are angry right now because a local radio talk-show host is really playing up rumors about the parents' sex lives. It's terribly nasty and frought with irresponsible speculation and suggestion. It's just a wonder to listen to him manipulate his callers and to listen to them respond exactly the way he wants them to respond. Sort of like Hitler. But then that's how I feel about a lot of radio talk-show people! Leading their little lambs by the nose.
Anyway, I digress. That's a disturbing thing that locals are in an uproar about......their reasoning being that, no matter what the personal lives of the parents, they're still without their little girl and they have 'passed' three lie-detector tests each......
Here's a classic example of the evolution of that rumor; my husband and I spent a few days in the mountains last week. On our last day there, we met, at our hotel, a couple from the Netherlands. They'd just come up from an eastern San Diego community. While they were in that community, they talked with a friend of a friend of, supposedly, a co-worker of the mother of the kidnap victim - you know the drill. And they chose to relate, in that hotel in a tiny mountain town, rumors about the victim's family, their demeanor, their habits, and so on and so on. I know that a certain amount of that is normal, but the fact is that these rumors are seriously viscious and nasty - yet no one repeating them actually lives in that house with that family! It amazes me. IT's a sad thing to see given that that family's little girl is missing. Where's the focus?

wendyn on 2/12/02 at 21:23 (073542)

I was reading about this again on CNN website last night - it's sad.

We had a similar case near here last year - the little girl was taken from right out in front of her home - the eventual suspect was a friend of the family.

Re: Hey Wendy -

JudyS on 2/12/02 at 21:42 (073547)

Oh! Canada. Some truly GREAT skating last night! Thanks from down south.

Re: Hey Judy!

wendyn on 2/12/02 at 21:50 (073551)

Hey - it was!

I got a very humorous email today from my foot board buddy CarlW about the skating....cracked me up.

Typical though - there always seems to be a lot of controversy over the skating judging.

Even my husband was all keyed up over that skate - and like most men - he hates figure skating. But he was so impressed with how they did - and so choked about the scores.

Hoping for big things tonight in the mens!

JudyS on 2/12/02 at 20:48 (073536)

Not yet, Linda. A neighbor is, thus far, the only suspect and the authorities are reluctant to even call him that..although they do tail him every minute of every day!
Many locals are angry right now because a local radio talk-show host is really playing up rumors about the parents' sex lives. It's terribly nasty and frought with irresponsible speculation and suggestion. It's just a wonder to listen to him manipulate his callers and to listen to them respond exactly the way he wants them to respond. Sort of like Hitler. But then that's how I feel about a lot of radio talk-show people! Leading their little lambs by the nose.
Anyway, I digress. That's a disturbing thing that locals are in an uproar about......their reasoning being that, no matter what the personal lives of the parents, they're still without their little girl and they have 'passed' three lie-detector tests each......
Here's a classic example of the evolution of that rumor; my husband and I spent a few days in the mountains last week. On our last day there, we met, at our hotel, a couple from the Netherlands. They'd just come up from an eastern San Diego community. While they were in that community, they talked with a friend of a friend of, supposedly, a co-worker of the mother of the kidnap victim - you know the drill. And they chose to relate, in that hotel in a tiny mountain town, rumors about the victim's family, their demeanor, their habits, and so on and so on. I know that a certain amount of that is normal, but the fact is that these rumors are seriously viscious and nasty - yet no one repeating them actually lives in that house with that family! It amazes me. IT's a sad thing to see given that that family's little girl is missing. Where's the focus?

wendyn on 2/12/02 at 21:23 (073542)

I was reading about this again on CNN website last night - it's sad.

We had a similar case near here last year - the little girl was taken from right out in front of her home - the eventual suspect was a friend of the family.

Re: Hey Wendy -

JudyS on 2/12/02 at 21:42 (073547)

Oh! Canada. Some truly GREAT skating last night! Thanks from down south.

Re: Hey Judy!

wendyn on 2/12/02 at 21:50 (073551)

Hey - it was!

I got a very humorous email today from my foot board buddy CarlW about the skating....cracked me up.

Typical though - there always seems to be a lot of controversy over the skating judging.

Even my husband was all keyed up over that skate - and like most men - he hates figure skating. But he was so impressed with how they did - and so choked about the scores.

Hoping for big things tonight in the mens!