Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

new bath mat

Posted by JoAnn Fl on 2/12/02 at 23:20 (073560)

I just thought I'd tell you I found some releif with this new bath mat I bought yesterday. I have been having foot pain while standing in the shower so I bought this 'softex' shower mat and its great. Its real soft and it doesn't hurt to stand on the hard tub floor. My PF isn't as bad as it used to be so this mat has really helped me out. You can buy them at walmart if your interested, K mart has some also.

Re: new bath mat

monte on 2/13/02 at 07:19 (073582)

thanks JoAnn. How bad was your PF and what have you done to get it better to this point?

JoAnn Fl on 2/13/02 at 14:37 (073624)

I think it was fairly bad, I was tapeing my foot every few days or wearing a arch brace or ace bandage, icing at night. It just seemed to get better on its own. I very rarely do any excersises just some foot stretches in the morning. And believe me I walk a lot in my job. I can hardly remember just how bad it was. I still don't walk bearfoot except for very few steps.
I sure hope it will keep improving and not go back to the way it was. Good luck to you also.

monte on 2/13/02 at 07:19 (073582)

thanks JoAnn. How bad was your PF and what have you done to get it better to this point?

JoAnn Fl on 2/13/02 at 14:37 (073624)

I think it was fairly bad, I was tapeing my foot every few days or wearing a arch brace or ace bandage, icing at night. It just seemed to get better on its own. I very rarely do any excersises just some foot stretches in the morning. And believe me I walk a lot in my job. I can hardly remember just how bad it was. I still don't walk bearfoot except for very few steps.
I sure hope it will keep improving and not go back to the way it was. Good luck to you also.