Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

3 Monthes post surgery

Posted by Anthony P on 2/13/02 at 01:11 (073568)

Hello everyone, I've been away from the board for a while , I'm working on a new bussiness so that takes up alot of my time theses days. Its Three monthes after my surgery on my left foot and I am improving sloooowlllly : ( I Know this takes time and for me its frustrating because I 'm trying to starrt a bussiness I cant stand a long time , Recovery is taking more time than my disabilty allows . I still have my limitations
I go to P. T. three days a week Ice, Vioxx etc. . I still have pain in the fasica at the insition . My achilles is far from normal ,IT feels like I still have tendonitis , This is holding back my goals , NOW both feet are a problem , all this time I favored
this bad foot ,now I have pain in the right foot now too . My doctor said I'm early in my healing and it takes up to a year to recover . So now I'M worried now that both feet are bothering me .
My best to all Anthony P

Re: 3 Monthes post surgery

Sarah T. on 2/13/02 at 19:23 (073644)

Hey Anthony - I'm rather new to the message board and wondered if you could tell me more about what type of surgery you had. I have pf in both feet also and had the pf release & spur removal on 12-21. So I'm almost 2 months post-op. I am still having a good bit of pain although it is more toward the back of me heel and my ankle is swelling and feels like a bad sprain at the end of the day. I'm just wondering if I'm over-doing it or if this is normal. I think I was actually doing better 2 weeks ago. I'm beginning to get frustrated. My hopes were that this surgery would be an answer to all this pain and that I would be healed enough to have the other foot operated on this summer. Thanks - Sarah T.

Anthony P on 2/13/02 at 23:27 (073665)

Hi Sarah, My surgery was Nov 7 th 2001 . I had alot of surgery on my left foot : Open pf release with spur removed, achilles tendon shaved , tendon in top of ankle repaired leaving me with three 2 inch scares . In a cast for three weeks on crutches
stitches removed in a boot two weeks ETC... .Physical th.....For both feet , My surgery Did help me from were I was Yes I experence pain still,swelling sprain feeling etc Yes it is normal , Its all part of the healing and takes a very long time . My doc told me expect 6 month to a year to completely recover . I know this can get frustrating . Have you had Physical Th.....?? This helped get my ankle strenth back .and may speed up the healing . Well good luck to you , Let us know how it turns out : )Anthony P

Sarah T. on 2/13/02 at 19:23 (073644)

Hey Anthony - I'm rather new to the message board and wondered if you could tell me more about what type of surgery you had. I have pf in both feet also and had the pf release & spur removal on 12-21. So I'm almost 2 months post-op. I am still having a good bit of pain although it is more toward the back of me heel and my ankle is swelling and feels like a bad sprain at the end of the day. I'm just wondering if I'm over-doing it or if this is normal. I think I was actually doing better 2 weeks ago. I'm beginning to get frustrated. My hopes were that this surgery would be an answer to all this pain and that I would be healed enough to have the other foot operated on this summer. Thanks - Sarah T.

Anthony P on 2/13/02 at 23:27 (073665)

Hi Sarah, My surgery was Nov 7 th 2001 . I had alot of surgery on my left foot : Open pf release with spur removed, achilles tendon shaved , tendon in top of ankle repaired leaving me with three 2 inch scares . In a cast for three weeks on crutches
stitches removed in a boot two weeks ETC... .Physical th.....For both feet , My surgery Did help me from were I was Yes I experence pain still,swelling sprain feeling etc Yes it is normal , Its all part of the healing and takes a very long time . My doc told me expect 6 month to a year to completely recover . I know this can get frustrating . Have you had Physical Th.....?? This helped get my ankle strenth back .and may speed up the healing . Well good luck to you , Let us know how it turns out : )Anthony P