Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post of Visit

Posted by Pam B on 2/13/02 at 07:43 (073585)

Well, it has been one week today :) went to the pod last nite to have the one week xrays done.....I had already talked to him via phone several times when he called at home to check on me and I told him I thought the cast was too tight and that the bottom did not feel flat to me.......he took one look at it and removed it......he was surprised when he found the bandages soaked with dry blood........said most patients do not bleed so much after this type surgery......but he said the incision was healing exceptionally well, so well in fact that he wants me to come back next week to have the stitches removed instead of the week after......I told him it is common for my surgical incisions to heal quickly that in the many surgeries I have had I always heal well......he said he could also tell that I have been doing what he told me to do because things looked so good.......he did not think I would be a listener which was part of the reason why he put the cast on me.....hahaha.........fooled him....told him my feet are my key to freedom and that reason alone was enough to listen........it actully did not look that bad, some bruising and of course cuts are ugly but all in all it looked pretty good......he chose to wrap it securly, put me into a surgical shoe and have me use crutches till next week when he takes the stitches out pointing out that he wanted me to continue to do exactly as I have been, NOTHING.........and to be certain to use the crutches when I am up for the little time he is allowing me to be up..........I am still complaning of the ankle pain from the both of the tendonitis areas.........but he said if I continue to do what I am supposed to do that pain too will hopefully subside with time.........my heel is totally numb to touch (which before surgery I was told could happen and may or may not go away) and I am very tender at the magical testing spot for PF but he said it will take time also and I am going to continue to believe there is only one way for me from here and that would be UP....he said it was a good release which he was happy about......so as far as I could tell, I am doing better than he thought I would be at this time.......he stated that we need to let the smoke clear now that we have corrected the problem and let my body heal itself.......so I am off to my couch now to heal :) I asked him last nite if he knows a good doc for bedsores :):):):):) just kidding, or at least I think I am :):):):):)

Have a great day everyone and thanks for all the support, you guys are awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!! I will keep you posted as things progress.......bye for now and thanks again.........

Re: Post of Visit

Anthony P on 2/13/02 at 10:41 (073601)

Hi, I'm glad to read your surgery went well , good luck to you , Rest is the best thing now.
: ) Anthony P

Re: Post of Visit

Anthony P on 2/13/02 at 10:41 (073601)

Hi, I'm glad to read your surgery went well , good luck to you , Rest is the best thing now.
: ) Anthony P