Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

cortizon shots

Posted by Bill C on 2/13/02 at 11:44 (073609)

I recieved cortizon shots yesterday for Plantar Fasciitis yesterday. My feet have been really sore since the shots, I can barely walk. Is this normal, and if so how long does the pain last?

Re: cortizon shots

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/02 at 18:35 (073638)

Hi

I tell patients that local steriod injections will do one of three things
one it will make your feet feel like gold and the relief can last anywhere from one day to 100 years. Two you can get alot of pain which will last about two days. In a few cases the pain can last two weeks. IF you are in throbbing type pain ice the area if you are sore but in no one place then hot soaks. and the last thing that can happen is no relief period.

Re: cortizon shots

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/02 at 18:35 (073638)

Hi

I tell patients that local steriod injections will do one of three things
one it will make your feet feel like gold and the relief can last anywhere from one day to 100 years. Two you can get alot of pain which will last about two days. In a few cases the pain can last two weeks. IF you are in throbbing type pain ice the area if you are sore but in no one place then hot soaks. and the last thing that can happen is no relief period.