Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tarsal cohesion

Posted by e wlcek on 2/13/02 at 11:46 (073611)

What is tarsal cohesion and what can I do to relieve the ankle pain and start walking again?

Re: tarsal cohesion

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/02 at 18:41 (073639)

I believe you mean tarsal coalition . This is where there is a boney or soft tissue fusion between the heel bone called the calcaneus and the talus which is part of the ankle joint. The treatment depends on the degree of the fusion , the amount of pain and what treatments have failed.
Sometimes an orthosis and or ankle brace can help . Surgery may be necessary if treatment has not helped your pain at all or not enough.

Re: tarsal cohesion

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/13/02 at 18:41 (073639)

I believe you mean tarsal coalition . This is where there is a boney or soft tissue fusion between the heel bone called the calcaneus and the talus which is part of the ankle joint. The treatment depends on the degree of the fusion , the amount of pain and what treatments have failed.
Sometimes an orthosis and or ankle brace can help . Surgery may be necessary if treatment has not helped your pain at all or not enough.