Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

walking on concrete followup

Posted by Francis G on 2/13/02 at 21:58 (073661)

OK Thanks so much to the [people who responded to my walking on concrete quwestion. I have tried all kinds of different cushion supports and I have found a pair of shoes that I feel is right for me but I can't walk right now on any concretein the summert I couod walk about 15 minutes or so but not right now. Is there something to go on the outsid eof the shoe and why does it cause so much extra discomfort from walikin on grass? Which I can walk on all day.

Re: walking on concrete followup

Carole C in NOLA on 2/13/02 at 22:11 (073662)

Francis, I don't know. I guess because grass and dirt give, and concrete doesn't.

A week ago Monday I had to spend a lot of time standing on concrete warehouse floors and driveways and such, for work. It set me back! I think the standing was harder on my feet than the walking. I am still not quite back to where I was before that. My arches hurt a little today, and so do the sides of my feet, but not as much as a few days ago. I am being nice to my feet so soon they will feel better. After I post this, I'm going to massage them with lotion, do my stretches, wiggle my toes, and go to sleep.

I've forgotten some details about your situation. Do you need to walk on concrete for work? If so, I wonder if maybe there is a particular place where you have to be, where you could put one of those rubber mats that act as a shock absorber. I don't know how people manage who have to work on concrete! I know I would have a big problem with it if I did. If the walking on concrete is just to get things done after work, I'd suggest just not doing it for a while until your feet get better.

Carole C

Re: walking on concrete followup

Carole C in NOLA on 2/13/02 at 22:11 (073662)

Francis, I don't know. I guess because grass and dirt give, and concrete doesn't.

A week ago Monday I had to spend a lot of time standing on concrete warehouse floors and driveways and such, for work. It set me back! I think the standing was harder on my feet than the walking. I am still not quite back to where I was before that. My arches hurt a little today, and so do the sides of my feet, but not as much as a few days ago. I am being nice to my feet so soon they will feel better. After I post this, I'm going to massage them with lotion, do my stretches, wiggle my toes, and go to sleep.

I've forgotten some details about your situation. Do you need to walk on concrete for work? If so, I wonder if maybe there is a particular place where you have to be, where you could put one of those rubber mats that act as a shock absorber. I don't know how people manage who have to work on concrete! I know I would have a big problem with it if I did. If the walking on concrete is just to get things done after work, I'd suggest just not doing it for a while until your feet get better.

Carole C