Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

There is a very successful solution to PF

Posted by Sean on 2/13/02 at 23:55 (073667)

I offer a money back guarantee on PF. Can anyone match that I wonder besides these orthotic devise companies, which are more trouble to deal with that it is worth the time. I have treated several people, my latest being a nurse that has had PF for 7 years. It is not evasive and is simple. If you have any questions let me know at (email removed)
The technique is muscle release technique with active isolated stretching.
After two treatments of about 20 mins. the patient should be 90% pain free.
People can be skeptical all they want but the University of San Deigo School of Medicine adopted a protocol of ART for all soft tissue injuries. ART is active release technique and is a privatised version and well marketed version of muscle release technique. He learned this from Europe and just made some of it his own by adding a name.

Re: There is a very successful solution to PF

Donna SL on 2/14/02 at 01:55 (073672)

Sean

Is Muscle Release Technique an international name for this treatment, or is it called something different in Europe? I've had ART treatments, and I'm planning to move to the UK in the future, and this would help if I needed treatment there. I haven't had any success yet finding European web sites that mention this.

I think ART is wonderful, and has helped me tremendously, and the two people I referred so far. One of the people, and myself were diagnosed with PF, and Tarsal Tunnel syndrome, and the other one just had PF. Although we all felt much better after the first couple of sessions, we needed many more than just two treatments. It was more like months rather than weeks, but well worth it. In addition my chiropractor did a lot of foot, and ankle adjustments which helped relieve a lot of stress on the tissues.

I think if someone sought ART treatment soon after the onset of PF, they may be able to knock it out in a much shorter time, but it seems like it would be rare after only two sessions. I still go for occasional treatments. Is muscle release technique different, and more effective then ART, and produce faster results, or just ART under a different name?

Donna

BrianJ on 2/14/02 at 08:56 (073681)

Donna SL -- Aren't you the one who's problem was believed to be nerve entrapment rather than PF? Did ART work for you? What other conservative measures helped you?

john h on 2/14/02 at 09:35 (073684)

Judy: check this out and let me know. If it works I am on my way to San Jose.

Sean on 2/14/02 at 09:37 (073685)

I haven't looked yet at the protocol that ART uses in the foot and leg area, yet, so I can't tell you if it is similar, I think it probably is due to I know what they do on the upper and back protocols. The pain with the people I have treated in the past is not completely gone in two treatments but they say that it is easily 90% relief. I don't know what it is called in Europe, but I will check for you, the man that trained me learned from the same person that Michael Leahy (ART) learned from. I'll get back to you on this. Adjusting can help too, but I feel that the best answer is both, but mainly muscle. I am a chiropractic student at the time. But, know the musculature, tendon, fascia areas are of the most concern for these type injuries. I use active isolated stretch along with the Muscle Release, which I think is key.

Sean on 2/14/02 at 10:45 (073693)

I can't say that ART is the answer, I'm not sure on their protocol or if it works like Muscle Release with active isolated stretch works. The ART is a bastardized version. But, good luck. You might try Mrtherapy.com

Carmen H on 2/14/02 at 12:11 (073706)

How does it relte to NST (Neurostructural Technique Aussie invented)??

Re: Thanks Sean - Re: There is a very successful solution to PF

Donna SL on 2/14/02 at 13:59 (073718)

Hi Sean,

Thanks. I would really appreciate any info you can find. There's so many therapies out there. I see Bowen therapy a lot on European web sites, and always wondered if that was similiar to ART, or MRT

Dr. Leahy established an ART institute with standarized training, which requires certification. This makes it a little easier to find a certified practitioner. I think Leahy attends every seminar. I wonder if there is a similar institution in Europe. Even though Leahy practiced lower body techniques himself for many years, he just started the certified lower body course a little over a year ago.

It seems like ART is like myofascial release done with specific motions. I guess that's why it's called Active release technique.

My chiro has been in practice many years, and along with ART, has incorporated other treatments at times when needed. ie. chiropractic and gentle osteopathic manipulation, other forms of muscle, fascia, and tendon release, flexion distraction etc.. That's why I like having this done by a chiropractor. I have some back problems, and had nerve entrapment in other parts of my body (ie peroneal, piraformis, etc.) which he's been able to address at my visits. I'm hoping ART, or MRT is popular among chiropractors in the UK.

I do agree that the pain relief can be dramatic after the first few sessions. I had 6 months of regular PT, and was not much better than when I started, and still had pain after being on my feet after around 10 minutes, but after the first ART session, I walked 15 blocks, and then went grocery shopping for over an hour. People have obtained complete relief in other parts of the body with ART in only a few sessions, but I think the lower extremities require longer treatment, especially when there are other complications, because we are always on them.

Good luck with your chiropractic studies.

Donna

Sean on 2/14/02 at 14:22 (073719)

I'm sorry Carmen I have never heard of that before. I wouldn't know.

Donna SL on 2/14/02 at 14:25 (073720)

Hi Brian,

ART has worked very well for me. I had both nerve entrapment, and PF, plus some other complications. The only other treatment I've found so far that has helped in addition to ART was acupuncture, and certain medications. I recently started Pilates, which I also strongly recommend. Prior to these treatments I had tried almost every traditional conservative method except a cortisone shot.

Donna

paula on 2/15/02 at 08:45 (073775)

i have been thinking about some sort of fascia treatment. my pt said the fascia is all connected like a big hunk of fascia surrounding the body and working on the fascia in general will probably help my pf. i already had one fascia worker try but he was not a good massuese in my opinion. have others here tried fascia work and how did it do you?

Sean on 2/15/02 at 11:56 (073788)

Paula,

Fascia isn't very pliable at all. It will stretch but not much, don't mistake this technique with myofascial technique or other therapy. I don't think that there are many people that know this. I would target the muscles of the entire calf first and the fascia will stretch along with, but for the fascia to stretch the muscles must be at their optimal length first or you'll never make it to the fascia that is deep on the plantar surface. Massage therapists usually don't know this technique. Let me know where you are from or general area and I will see if I can find someone near by.

Phil A on 2/17/02 at 16:45 (074022)

Hello Sean just saw your posting on the web site where you concluded that there is a successful solution to PF witha 90% reilef in your experiences. Clearly this is a very common problem and one we have a lot of problems with in the UK. Normal treatment is by orthotics, with out GP's offerring injections which are normally found to be short term relief.

I would be interested in knowing more about the technique you are discussing, perhaps you could let me have more information so I may look further in to the method.

Thank you for your attention , and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Phil Allen

paula on 2/19/02 at 12:03 (074307)

sean i am in atlanta

Donna SL on 2/14/02 at 01:55 (073672)

Sean

Is Muscle Release Technique an international name for this treatment, or is it called something different in Europe? I've had ART treatments, and I'm planning to move to the UK in the future, and this would help if I needed treatment there. I haven't had any success yet finding European web sites that mention this.

I think ART is wonderful, and has helped me tremendously, and the two people I referred so far. One of the people, and myself were diagnosed with PF, and Tarsal Tunnel syndrome, and the other one just had PF. Although we all felt much better after the first couple of sessions, we needed many more than just two treatments. It was more like months rather than weeks, but well worth it. In addition my chiropractor did a lot of foot, and ankle adjustments which helped relieve a lot of stress on the tissues.

I think if someone sought ART treatment soon after the onset of PF, they may be able to knock it out in a much shorter time, but it seems like it would be rare after only two sessions. I still go for occasional treatments. Is muscle release technique different, and more effective then ART, and produce faster results, or just ART under a different name?

Donna

BrianJ on 2/14/02 at 08:56 (073681)

Donna SL -- Aren't you the one who's problem was believed to be nerve entrapment rather than PF? Did ART work for you? What other conservative measures helped you?

john h on 2/14/02 at 09:35 (073684)

Judy: check this out and let me know. If it works I am on my way to San Jose.

Sean on 2/14/02 at 09:37 (073685)

I haven't looked yet at the protocol that ART uses in the foot and leg area, yet, so I can't tell you if it is similar, I think it probably is due to I know what they do on the upper and back protocols. The pain with the people I have treated in the past is not completely gone in two treatments but they say that it is easily 90% relief. I don't know what it is called in Europe, but I will check for you, the man that trained me learned from the same person that Michael Leahy (ART) learned from. I'll get back to you on this. Adjusting can help too, but I feel that the best answer is both, but mainly muscle. I am a chiropractic student at the time. But, know the musculature, tendon, fascia areas are of the most concern for these type injuries. I use active isolated stretch along with the Muscle Release, which I think is key.

Sean on 2/14/02 at 10:45 (073693)

I can't say that ART is the answer, I'm not sure on their protocol or if it works like Muscle Release with active isolated stretch works. The ART is a bastardized version. But, good luck. You might try Mrtherapy.com

Carmen H on 2/14/02 at 12:11 (073706)

How does it relte to NST (Neurostructural Technique Aussie invented)??

Re: Thanks Sean - Re: There is a very successful solution to PF

Donna SL on 2/14/02 at 13:59 (073718)

Hi Sean,

Thanks. I would really appreciate any info you can find. There's so many therapies out there. I see Bowen therapy a lot on European web sites, and always wondered if that was similiar to ART, or MRT

Dr. Leahy established an ART institute with standarized training, which requires certification. This makes it a little easier to find a certified practitioner. I think Leahy attends every seminar. I wonder if there is a similar institution in Europe. Even though Leahy practiced lower body techniques himself for many years, he just started the certified lower body course a little over a year ago.

It seems like ART is like myofascial release done with specific motions. I guess that's why it's called Active release technique.

My chiro has been in practice many years, and along with ART, has incorporated other treatments at times when needed. ie. chiropractic and gentle osteopathic manipulation, other forms of muscle, fascia, and tendon release, flexion distraction etc.. That's why I like having this done by a chiropractor. I have some back problems, and had nerve entrapment in other parts of my body (ie peroneal, piraformis, etc.) which he's been able to address at my visits. I'm hoping ART, or MRT is popular among chiropractors in the UK.

I do agree that the pain relief can be dramatic after the first few sessions. I had 6 months of regular PT, and was not much better than when I started, and still had pain after being on my feet after around 10 minutes, but after the first ART session, I walked 15 blocks, and then went grocery shopping for over an hour. People have obtained complete relief in other parts of the body with ART in only a few sessions, but I think the lower extremities require longer treatment, especially when there are other complications, because we are always on them.

Good luck with your chiropractic studies.

Donna

Sean on 2/14/02 at 14:22 (073719)

I'm sorry Carmen I have never heard of that before. I wouldn't know.

Donna SL on 2/14/02 at 14:25 (073720)

Hi Brian,

ART has worked very well for me. I had both nerve entrapment, and PF, plus some other complications. The only other treatment I've found so far that has helped in addition to ART was acupuncture, and certain medications. I recently started Pilates, which I also strongly recommend. Prior to these treatments I had tried almost every traditional conservative method except a cortisone shot.

Donna

paula on 2/15/02 at 08:45 (073775)

i have been thinking about some sort of fascia treatment. my pt said the fascia is all connected like a big hunk of fascia surrounding the body and working on the fascia in general will probably help my pf. i already had one fascia worker try but he was not a good massuese in my opinion. have others here tried fascia work and how did it do you?

Sean on 2/15/02 at 11:56 (073788)

Paula,

Fascia isn't very pliable at all. It will stretch but not much, don't mistake this technique with myofascial technique or other therapy. I don't think that there are many people that know this. I would target the muscles of the entire calf first and the fascia will stretch along with, but for the fascia to stretch the muscles must be at their optimal length first or you'll never make it to the fascia that is deep on the plantar surface. Massage therapists usually don't know this technique. Let me know where you are from or general area and I will see if I can find someone near by.

Phil A on 2/17/02 at 16:45 (074022)

Hello Sean just saw your posting on the web site where you concluded that there is a successful solution to PF witha 90% reilef in your experiences. Clearly this is a very common problem and one we have a lot of problems with in the UK. Normal treatment is by orthotics, with out GP's offerring injections which are normally found to be short term relief.

I would be interested in knowing more about the technique you are discussing, perhaps you could let me have more information so I may look further in to the method.

Thank you for your attention , and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Phil Allen

paula on 2/19/02 at 12:03 (074307)

sean i am in atlanta