Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

first day back at work was a pain in the shoulder , foot , head and i was able to laugh & cry at the same time . why ? bipolar

Posted by linda a on 2/14/02 at 19:33 (073737)

since i have been off for a short period ,i have developed spoiled feet . that is right they now cry out in pain after a couple of hours of being on them . i wanted to chopp them off and send them to the foot gods . one of my friends want me to get another opinion from a orthopedic doctor on what can be done . if you don't know about my case they ; my feet are in chronic pain syndrome after having surgery last year on both feet and exhausting every other effort except eswt w/ dr z. in which i can not afford . the other problems today i had a big migraine going on , along w/ my shoulder hurting . yes , i was crying and laughing at the same time . how weird is that . working at the hospital does has it's advantages. was able to squeeze in a visit to good ole doc . he gave me a cortisone shot in the shoulder and got my Bld press med in check along w/ giving me some migraine meds . he is so wonderful ! right now i am praying for his mother because, she was burned from a blanket fire . I didn't even care about V-day other than sending cards to my friends . i just woke up from snoozing after work and received beautiful cards from my friends laurie and tammie . thank you !! okay i got one more day this week . i can do it . where is that NIKE commercial ? linda ( Ky)

Re: first day back at work was a pain in the shoulder , foot , head and i was able to laugh & cry at the same time . why ? bipolar

Carole C in NOLA on 2/14/02 at 19:55 (073739)

Linda,

Sorry to hear that your day was so bad! I hope that you can get a good night's sleep. Your feet need for you to take it easy on them! They aren't spoiled, they are just doing the best they can. :)

I'm going to treat my feet to a soak in warm water tonight which I'm hoping will help them to feel better. Wanna join me? Just one more day and the weekend will be here.

Carole C

Re: first day back at work was a pain in the shoulder , foot , head and i was able to laugh & cry at the same time . why ? bipolar

Suzanne D on 2/14/02 at 21:24 (073753)

I hope you feel better tomorrow, Linda! I, too, have migraines, so I can sympathize with you on that. I hope the shot helps your shoulder. Rest well tonight, and take care. :-)

Laurie R on 2/15/02 at 00:03 (073761)

Hi Linda , I am so sorry to hear you had such a bad day . But it is a great thing you do work in a hospital and you had your shoulder looked at .. How cool is that ? You did not even have to wait for an appointment.I hope the cortisone works fast for you and lasts . I hope you have a better tomorrow . Know that I am thinking about you and only wishing you the best .... Much love , Laurie R

Carole C in NOLA on 2/14/02 at 19:55 (073739)

Linda,

Sorry to hear that your day was so bad! I hope that you can get a good night's sleep. Your feet need for you to take it easy on them! They aren't spoiled, they are just doing the best they can. :)

I'm going to treat my feet to a soak in warm water tonight which I'm hoping will help them to feel better. Wanna join me? Just one more day and the weekend will be here.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 2/14/02 at 21:24 (073753)

I hope you feel better tomorrow, Linda! I, too, have migraines, so I can sympathize with you on that. I hope the shot helps your shoulder. Rest well tonight, and take care. :-)

Laurie R on 2/15/02 at 00:03 (073761)

Hi Linda , I am so sorry to hear you had such a bad day . But it is a great thing you do work in a hospital and you had your shoulder looked at .. How cool is that ? You did not even have to wait for an appointment.I hope the cortisone works fast for you and lasts . I hope you have a better tomorrow . Know that I am thinking about you and only wishing you the best .... Much love , Laurie R