Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pins and needles

Posted by monte on 2/14/02 at 20:09 (073742)

Does anyone experience random pins and needle pricks. I get them in the feet, ankle and sometimes in the shin. Not constant and not painful. I think my latest orthotic adjustment may have turned my ankles out too much.
Any comments?

Re: Pins and needles

Carole C in NOLA on 2/14/02 at 20:15 (073745)

That is possible. Also maybe your muscles are cramping up just a teensy bit while you get used to the changes in your orthotic. My suggestion is to try gently stretching and gentle loosening up exercises frequently... can't do any harm and they might help your legs, feet, and ankles to relax a little more.

Carole C

monte on 2/14/02 at 21:06 (073749)

thanks...i stretch my feet and ankles under my desk at work during the day. this pins and needle feeling is new. After my ESWT treatment and orthotic adjustment. Doesn't hurt thought...don't need any more pains.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/14/02 at 21:08 (073750)

That's for sure. More pain is definitely not on the desirable list. Maybe you should try backing off on how long you wear the orthotics, and give them a little breaking in. (?) That might do the trick.

Carole C

monte on 2/14/02 at 21:11 (073751)

I have had them since late october. they got adjusted last tuesday. Dr Z told me to get them looked at again. I will call tomorrow to get an appointment. I am afraid to not wear them. They put the fear of God in me with these things. They don't hurt and were fully broken in. They are semi rigid leather and cork.

Re: Monte it's the basic blonde ;-)

Carmen H on 2/15/02 at 07:40 (073768)

I think you just may be experienceing some healing.....pure and simple healing.
Do you remember when we first started emailing and I told you my feet itched like mad???? Right on the inside of my archees? Well it finally stopped (thank god I was almost digging a hole in my foot from scratching!!) and my feet feel a tiny bit better. I think the healing process throws all kinds of twists our way and this sounds like oen of them to me.
Just my opinion.
;-)
I got to PT today and will drop you an email when I return ...let you know how it went. I am bringing your article you sent me and asking them their opinion.

Re: Blonde...yes, Basic...no!

monte on 2/15/02 at 08:19 (073774)

Thanks. I am just going out of my mind. I hate it when something else pops up. I never know if it is related to PF or something else. Do I tell my Pod or my GP. It's crazy.

Carmen H on 2/15/02 at 21:06 (073838)

Thanks Monte..I have felt pretty basic lately...but not anymore!
Monday..you and me...email.
;-)

monte on 2/16/02 at 14:55 (073916)

You are too colorful to be basic. Monday it is!

Carmen H on 2/17/02 at 16:45 (074023)

You flatter me! Thanks...lord knows we who have pain need a boost!

Re: Carmen, are...

Carole C in NOLA on 2/17/02 at 18:24 (074046)

Carmen, are your feet hurting again today? I hope not. I was hoping your orthotics were working better now. :(

Carole C

Carmen H on 2/18/02 at 11:49 (074166)

They are feeling better....day by day. it's going to take time and PT to get me to the end of this I am afraid.
But it's tolerable.. Seriously I am one of the lucky ones.
Thanks for asking Carole! how are your tootsies??

Carole C in NOLA on 2/18/02 at 12:07 (074168)

I'm really glad to hear that. I was afraid you were hurting a lot and I'm so glad that you are not.

Mine are doing ok, but it's that time of month and (get this) I'm getting crampy twinges in my feet, of all places. I'm pretty sure it's just hormones. Last night I couldn't sleep, put them up on pillows, even. Strange twinges and so on, but really very little true pain. I have had to be extremely careful with my gentle stretching the past few days because of twinges in my heels at the insertional point, and in my achilles tendon, even behind my knees as well as further down. That makes it hard to find a comfortable position to sleep though the level of pain is tolerable in general. As soon as this is over I am expecting to feel less foot pain like before.

I ordered some new Birkenstocks Thursday (mocha nubuck Fuldas, and cocoa nubuck Granadas) which are taking longer to be mailed than the 'same day' that the website promised. They still aren't mailed. However that is ok, because I probably should spend more time in my orthotics and less in my Birks until my tendons quit this. By the time they arrive, I will probably be fine in them. Meanwhile I am just resting and doing nothing and wearing orthotics all day yesterday and today. Boring but it works. LOL

Carole C

Carmen H on 2/18/02 at 18:22 (074246)

SEE I am not crazy!! It is worse during that time of the month!!!
;-)
I hope yours is back to normal after this cycle...

Carole C in NOLA on 2/14/02 at 20:15 (073745)

That is possible. Also maybe your muscles are cramping up just a teensy bit while you get used to the changes in your orthotic. My suggestion is to try gently stretching and gentle loosening up exercises frequently... can't do any harm and they might help your legs, feet, and ankles to relax a little more.

Carole C

monte on 2/14/02 at 21:06 (073749)

thanks...i stretch my feet and ankles under my desk at work during the day. this pins and needle feeling is new. After my ESWT treatment and orthotic adjustment. Doesn't hurt thought...don't need any more pains.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/14/02 at 21:08 (073750)

That's for sure. More pain is definitely not on the desirable list. Maybe you should try backing off on how long you wear the orthotics, and give them a little breaking in. (?) That might do the trick.

Carole C

monte on 2/14/02 at 21:11 (073751)

I have had them since late october. they got adjusted last tuesday. Dr Z told me to get them looked at again. I will call tomorrow to get an appointment. I am afraid to not wear them. They put the fear of God in me with these things. They don't hurt and were fully broken in. They are semi rigid leather and cork.

Re: Monte it's the basic blonde ;-)

Carmen H on 2/15/02 at 07:40 (073768)

I think you just may be experienceing some healing.....pure and simple healing.
Do you remember when we first started emailing and I told you my feet itched like mad???? Right on the inside of my archees? Well it finally stopped (thank god I was almost digging a hole in my foot from scratching!!) and my feet feel a tiny bit better. I think the healing process throws all kinds of twists our way and this sounds like oen of them to me.
Just my opinion.
;-)
I got to PT today and will drop you an email when I return ...let you know how it went. I am bringing your article you sent me and asking them their opinion.

monte on 2/15/02 at 08:19 (073774)

Thanks. I am just going out of my mind. I hate it when something else pops up. I never know if it is related to PF or something else. Do I tell my Pod or my GP. It's crazy.

Carmen H on 2/15/02 at 21:06 (073838)

Thanks Monte..I have felt pretty basic lately...but not anymore!
Monday..you and me...email.
;-)

monte on 2/16/02 at 14:55 (073916)

You are too colorful to be basic. Monday it is!

Carmen H on 2/17/02 at 16:45 (074023)

You flatter me! Thanks...lord knows we who have pain need a boost!

Carole C in NOLA on 2/17/02 at 18:24 (074046)

Carmen, are your feet hurting again today? I hope not. I was hoping your orthotics were working better now. :(

Carole C

Carmen H on 2/18/02 at 11:49 (074166)

They are feeling better....day by day. it's going to take time and PT to get me to the end of this I am afraid.
But it's tolerable.. Seriously I am one of the lucky ones.
Thanks for asking Carole! how are your tootsies??

Carole C in NOLA on 2/18/02 at 12:07 (074168)

I'm really glad to hear that. I was afraid you were hurting a lot and I'm so glad that you are not.

Mine are doing ok, but it's that time of month and (get this) I'm getting crampy twinges in my feet, of all places. I'm pretty sure it's just hormones. Last night I couldn't sleep, put them up on pillows, even. Strange twinges and so on, but really very little true pain. I have had to be extremely careful with my gentle stretching the past few days because of twinges in my heels at the insertional point, and in my achilles tendon, even behind my knees as well as further down. That makes it hard to find a comfortable position to sleep though the level of pain is tolerable in general. As soon as this is over I am expecting to feel less foot pain like before.

I ordered some new Birkenstocks Thursday (mocha nubuck Fuldas, and cocoa nubuck Granadas) which are taking longer to be mailed than the 'same day' that the website promised. They still aren't mailed. However that is ok, because I probably should spend more time in my orthotics and less in my Birks until my tendons quit this. By the time they arrive, I will probably be fine in them. Meanwhile I am just resting and doing nothing and wearing orthotics all day yesterday and today. Boring but it works. LOL

Carole C

Carmen H on 2/18/02 at 18:22 (074246)

SEE I am not crazy!! It is worse during that time of the month!!!
;-)
I hope yours is back to normal after this cycle...