Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

slip on to wear with orthotics?

Posted by GS on 2/16/02 at 23:55 (073961)

Before I had to wear orthotics, I was able to wear slip ons. Shoes with backs and without. Anyone know of any brand that makes wide slip on shoes that work well with orthotics? I have tried Naturalizer (sp) SAS and Rockport. They were not wide enough and hurt. My feet are small, a med but as you all know the orthotics take up alot of room so that is why I have to wear a double wide. (I like the extra room). Suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Wide shoes

wendyn on 2/17/02 at 11:01 (073984)

I got a pair of Reikker (I think that's the right spelling) dress shoes, they are wide enough for the orthotics. I really like them - I did buy one size larger, I'm usually a 36 - these are a 37.

Re: Hi Wendyn

GS on 2/17/02 at 13:14 (074006)

Thanks for the info. Are these shoes in specialty shoe shops, dept stores? Where can I buy?

Re: GS

wendyn on 2/17/02 at 17:29 (074033)

I bought them in a place here called CheckMate shoes - they specialize in hard to fit - hang on, I will go check the spelling...oops - I was off...

They are 'RIEKER Anti-Stress' and they say they are made in Tunisia - you may want to run the name through a web search. Despite the fact that I bought them purely for comfort - I have actually had a number of compliments on them (I still think they are ugly). I paid about $120.00 Canadian, which would be a little on the high end for shoes - but Birks run about the same - so it's not unreasonable. I would pay $500 for shoes that I can actually wear!!!

Let me know if you can find them!

Re: Wide shoes

wendyn on 2/17/02 at 11:01 (073984)

I got a pair of Reikker (I think that's the right spelling) dress shoes, they are wide enough for the orthotics. I really like them - I did buy one size larger, I'm usually a 36 - these are a 37.

Re: Hi Wendyn

GS on 2/17/02 at 13:14 (074006)

Thanks for the info. Are these shoes in specialty shoe shops, dept stores? Where can I buy?

Re: GS

wendyn on 2/17/02 at 17:29 (074033)

I bought them in a place here called CheckMate shoes - they specialize in hard to fit - hang on, I will go check the spelling...oops - I was off...

They are 'RIEKER Anti-Stress' and they say they are made in Tunisia - you may want to run the name through a web search. Despite the fact that I bought them purely for comfort - I have actually had a number of compliments on them (I still think they are ugly). I paid about $120.00 Canadian, which would be a little on the high end for shoes - but Birks run about the same - so it's not unreasonable. I would pay $500 for shoes that I can actually wear!!!

Let me know if you can find them!