Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

For Suzanne - a suggestion

Posted by Kathy G on 2/17/02 at 12:25 (073998)

Hi Suzanne,

Instead of buying a blood pressure monitor since the doctor thinks it may have been a fluke caused by your decongestant, why don't you go to the school nurse and get your blood pressure taken? She's a professional who does it all the time and she has a monitor right there (I assume).

My sister-in-law, who teaches first grade, has hers taken by the school nurse all the time.

Just thought it might save you money and aggravation!!!

Re: For Suzanne - a suggestion

Suzanne D on 2/19/02 at 13:48 (074313)

Thanks so much for writing, Kathy! I wish we HAD a school nurse! That would be so helpful at so many times! Unfortunately we don't have one.

I am to go back tomorrow to have my blood pressure taken since I have not had any medicine in a week. That includes aniti-inflammatory med., and while I didn't think that was helping a great deal, now I know what the pain is like without it! No fun!

If the b.p. is normal, we will know it was the decongestants, and that's that. If it is not, then I will get one of the kits to take it at home and also see what the dr. wants me to do.

Again, thanks for thinking of me. I haven't had much time for the board in the past few days, and have just read the social/support board. Sorry I had missed your post.

Re: anti-inflammatories

Carole C in NOLA on 2/19/02 at 17:20 (074336)

PF without your anti-inflammatory med sounds grim. I hope you are able to take something like aspirin to sleep at least. At any rate, I'll bet tomorrow can't come soon enough for you!

I'll be thinking of you and I hope that all goes well at your appointment.

Carole C

Re: For Suzanne - a suggestion

Suzanne D on 2/19/02 at 13:48 (074313)

Thanks so much for writing, Kathy! I wish we HAD a school nurse! That would be so helpful at so many times! Unfortunately we don't have one.

I am to go back tomorrow to have my blood pressure taken since I have not had any medicine in a week. That includes aniti-inflammatory med., and while I didn't think that was helping a great deal, now I know what the pain is like without it! No fun!

If the b.p. is normal, we will know it was the decongestants, and that's that. If it is not, then I will get one of the kits to take it at home and also see what the dr. wants me to do.

Again, thanks for thinking of me. I haven't had much time for the board in the past few days, and have just read the social/support board. Sorry I had missed your post.

Re: anti-inflammatories

Carole C in NOLA on 2/19/02 at 17:20 (074336)

PF without your anti-inflammatory med sounds grim. I hope you are able to take something like aspirin to sleep at least. At any rate, I'll bet tomorrow can't come soon enough for you!

I'll be thinking of you and I hope that all goes well at your appointment.

Carole C