Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New sudden & very sharp pain

Posted by Ed C. on 2/17/02 at 13:58 (074009)

I am a longtime PF sufferer. Yesterday I tripped/slipped and had an EXTREMELY shart pain at the insertion point on my heel. It also radiated up the back/outside back of my heel or acheles tendon. This pain was sharp and different from any pain I have ever felt. I immediately Iced. The PF is extremely acute today and the back/outside of my heel remains painful. Any thoughts?

Also, I am preparing to request insurance approval for ESWT.

Ed Cook, NJ

Re: New sudden & very sharp pain

DR Zuckerman on 2/17/02 at 15:50 (074016)

You may have a partial micro tear. or a tear of the achilles tendon where it meets the pf. Let me make it clear this isn't a rupture . Rest, ice
non-weight bearing for two to three day if very painful. X-ray if no improvement with the next few days.

Re: New sudden & very sharp pain

DR Zuckerman on 2/17/02 at 15:50 (074016)

You may have a partial micro tear. or a tear of the achilles tendon where it meets the pf. Let me make it clear this isn't a rupture . Rest, ice
non-weight bearing for two to three day if very painful. X-ray if no improvement with the next few days.