Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Fearless...

Posted by Suzanne D on 2/17/02 at 20:42 (074066)

Hello, everyone. I just finished watching a show with my daughter on the PAX t.v. channel: 'Doc'. In it, a young band director (played by Steven Curtis Chapman, a singer my daughter loves to hear) is diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). Of course he sinks into deep depression, but Doc goes to him and after talking, asks him if he thinks he can just hang in there for the next 24 hours. He finally nods yes, and then he tells him that he will ask him that the next day, and the next. And all he has to do is be fearless for 24 hours at a time.

And so my friends, let us all be fearless and hang in there for the next 24 hours. Hang in there with our difficulties and pain and challenges that we all have. And, knowing that we hang in there together can make all the difference. When one of us feels we can't do it alone, someone else will lift that person up with whatever he/she needs, knowing someone will do that very thing for them when the situation is reversed.

Two heads are better than one, and joy is multiplied and pain divided when people care for one another and reach out to each other.

God bless you all. :-)

Re: Uplifting!!!!!!

Carole C in NOLA on 2/17/02 at 21:11 (074070)

Suzanne, that is so inspirational and uplifting. Thank you!

I think Lou Gehrig's disease would be the most frightening and terrible way to die that I can think of.

Carole C

Re: Uplifting!!!!!!

Carole C in NOLA on 2/17/02 at 21:11 (074070)

Suzanne, that is so inspirational and uplifting. Thank you!

I think Lou Gehrig's disease would be the most frightening and terrible way to die that I can think of.

Carole C