Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cooooooold Bath-You guys need help

Posted by john h on 2/18/02 at 10:43 (074141)

Cold bath! yuk! $%%%^&&&**&^%$$! you guys need help. maybe more gin soaked rasins or something. During survival training in Iceland we had to jump in the frigid North Atlantic (with exposure suit) and that really sucked. That was the first and last cold bath I plan on having. You have been in the artic to long Wendy. It is effecting your judgement. Stop eating snow and taking cold baths.

Re: No no no

wendyn on 2/18/02 at 11:38 (074158)

John.

I like HOT baths. I have them ALL THE TIME.

When forced to do whirpool baths at physio - the cold bath by itself felt best. Just my lower leg in it - not my whole bod.

Although those hot baths in Canada are a lot of work, what with shovelling snow into the large pot, chopping the wood for the fire, hauling it into the igloo.....

Carole C in NOLA on 2/18/02 at 11:40 (074160)

They have fire in Canada? (innocent grin)

Just joking

Carole C

Re: JUST FEET

Carmen H on 2/18/02 at 11:46 (074162)

Just the feet goofy!

Re: Fire

wendyn on 2/18/02 at 12:20 (074169)

We have fire now. Big event with the new millennium you know.

JudyS on 2/18/02 at 16:19 (074204)

But Wendy, doesn't the fire melt the igloo around you? Oh wait! THAT'S how ya'll get a 'cold-water foot bath'......I get it! :)

Julie on 2/18/02 at 16:24 (074207)

Wendy, have you ever tried a sauna followed by a roll in the snow?

Re: A sauna and roll in the snow

wendyn on 2/18/02 at 16:32 (074212)

I have tried a hot tub and a roll in the snow. (No comments from the peanut gallery).

When I was MUCH younger.

And probably after a few rum soaked raisins.

Re: BRRRRRR (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/18/02 at 16:34 (074213)

Julie on 2/18/02 at 17:17 (074233)

I'm so envious. I love saunas and a cold shower (better still a cold plunge) and I've ALWAYS wanted to roll in the snow after one.

I like the idea of the rum-soaked raisins too. In the snow, though, for contrast. Hot rum.

wendyn on 2/18/02 at 18:48 (074251)

Julie - you come on over and I'll make sure I have a hot tub installed or rented before you get here. No promise on the snow though - sometimes we have it, sometimes we don't.

The little we have right now is as hard as a rock from being thawed and refrozen so many times - would NOT be good for rolling on.

We could hot tub and drink bottles of Merlot with the foot buddies.

Julie on 2/19/02 at 02:43 (074268)

Sounds good, Wendy, Merlot, foot buddies and all. It's a date. Just let me know when good quality powder snow is most likely. I'll bring the raisins.

john h on 2/19/02 at 10:02 (074286)

I think i have mentioned this to you before Wendy that I enjoyed a day with one of your Mounty's who was stationed in the Northwest Territory (a 5 year tour). I met him at the Officer Club in Thule, Greenland not far from the North Pole. He came to Thule which is solid ice 24/7 for his yearly vacation south. I managed to trade him out of some his clothes made by the natives with whom he lived. Seems I asked him about baths and he said 'what bath'? He downed an imperial quart of something in about an hour and did not miss a beat. By the way do you have a guest room in your Igloo? He did not ride a horse as I thought all Mount's did but flew a small aircraft with snow skis. I still to this day wonder how he navigated north of Thule as a compass is worthless near the pole and the only landmarks are icebergs,ice,snow and more ice.Mush-----

wendyn on 2/18/02 at 11:38 (074158)

John.

I like HOT baths. I have them ALL THE TIME.

When forced to do whirpool baths at physio - the cold bath by itself felt best. Just my lower leg in it - not my whole bod.

Although those hot baths in Canada are a lot of work, what with shovelling snow into the large pot, chopping the wood for the fire, hauling it into the igloo.....

Carole C in NOLA on 2/18/02 at 11:40 (074160)

They have fire in Canada? (innocent grin)

Just joking

Carole C

Re: JUST FEET

Carmen H on 2/18/02 at 11:46 (074162)

Just the feet goofy!

wendyn on 2/18/02 at 12:20 (074169)

We have fire now. Big event with the new millennium you know.

JudyS on 2/18/02 at 16:19 (074204)

But Wendy, doesn't the fire melt the igloo around you? Oh wait! THAT'S how ya'll get a 'cold-water foot bath'......I get it! :)

Julie on 2/18/02 at 16:24 (074207)

Wendy, have you ever tried a sauna followed by a roll in the snow?

wendyn on 2/18/02 at 16:32 (074212)

I have tried a hot tub and a roll in the snow. (No comments from the peanut gallery).

When I was MUCH younger.

And probably after a few rum soaked raisins.

Re: BRRRRRR (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/18/02 at 16:34 (074213)

Julie on 2/18/02 at 17:17 (074233)

I'm so envious. I love saunas and a cold shower (better still a cold plunge) and I've ALWAYS wanted to roll in the snow after one.

I like the idea of the rum-soaked raisins too. In the snow, though, for contrast. Hot rum.

wendyn on 2/18/02 at 18:48 (074251)

Julie - you come on over and I'll make sure I have a hot tub installed or rented before you get here. No promise on the snow though - sometimes we have it, sometimes we don't.

The little we have right now is as hard as a rock from being thawed and refrozen so many times - would NOT be good for rolling on.

We could hot tub and drink bottles of Merlot with the foot buddies.

Julie on 2/19/02 at 02:43 (074268)

Sounds good, Wendy, Merlot, foot buddies and all. It's a date. Just let me know when good quality powder snow is most likely. I'll bring the raisins.

john h on 2/19/02 at 10:02 (074286)

I think i have mentioned this to you before Wendy that I enjoyed a day with one of your Mounty's who was stationed in the Northwest Territory (a 5 year tour). I met him at the Officer Club in Thule, Greenland not far from the North Pole. He came to Thule which is solid ice 24/7 for his yearly vacation south. I managed to trade him out of some his clothes made by the natives with whom he lived. Seems I asked him about baths and he said 'what bath'? He downed an imperial quart of something in about an hour and did not miss a beat. By the way do you have a guest room in your Igloo? He did not ride a horse as I thought all Mount's did but flew a small aircraft with snow skis. I still to this day wonder how he navigated north of Thule as a compass is worthless near the pole and the only landmarks are icebergs,ice,snow and more ice.Mush-----