Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

post surgical pain

Posted by marlaine a on 2/18/02 at 20:47 (074259)

I recently had the endoscopic surgery for plantar fascia release. I am 2 months post op and am still having pain. It is on the outside part of my foot in the heel and arch area and also on top of my foot on the area between my toes and arch. My gait is not normal and I cannot place my full weight on my foot. I am a nurse and usually am on my feet at least 65 hours a week. I was awake during the surgery and watched on the screen. The doctor told me my fascia was at least twice as thick as it normally is and it was covered with small hemorrhagic areas. A short series of prednisone post op helped a great deal with some of the pain. I am currently taking only vioxx but it doesn't help much. any advice?

Re: post surgical pain

DR Zuckerman on 2/18/02 at 21:37 (074263)

I would place you in a short ski boot cast. The fascia is still healing and you are placing all your weight in different areas of the foot. To let this go and think it will get better is asking for problems. I know you can't stop working so the boot cast is the next best thing, Will you take a leave of absence from work?

Re: post surgical pain

DR Zuckerman on 2/18/02 at 21:37 (074263)

I would place you in a short ski boot cast. The fascia is still healing and you are placing all your weight in different areas of the foot. To let this go and think it will get better is asking for problems. I know you can't stop working so the boot cast is the next best thing, Will you take a leave of absence from work?