Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tss pain

Posted by bill on 2/19/02 at 00:06 (074267)

i had a release done on 11-28-01 . the pain of the surgery is just about gone but the pain that caused the surgery is back and more intense than ever!!! im on vicuprophen 7.5/200 and nurotin 300 i injured my ankle 3-6-01 and my co. dr. decided there was nothing wrong with me so they made me work on it [ 8 hr a day standing and climbing on concrete] till 8-16-01 when i finally got to a REAL dr. he new right away what was wrong by my pain location [right where you can see or feel your paulse on the inside of my ankle] they tried cortison and arch lifts and 3 months in a cast before they did surgery . so i guess i want to know how long is it to recover and do some people not recover!!! hey any info is more than i have now!!! finding this site has helped me see I AM NOT CRAZY MY PAIN IS REAL OTHER PEOPLE HAVE IT TOO!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE BILL FARMER

Re: tss pain

wendyg on 2/19/02 at 05:43 (074272)

I had surgery 2/01 and continue to have pain, no improvement. I now am seeing a new Dr. to hopefully find a non surgical way to improve the pain. Good luck and let me know if you find help.

Linda on 2/19/02 at 11:21 (074300)

I had tts release on december 14,(along with heel spur removal,and fascia release.) I am 2 months post-op, and i feel good! I am almost pain free,and I can finally sleep without shooting pains in my feet.
I am so glad my experience has been a positive one. I am even back to the gym working out 6 days a week. (although i am only using the bike for leg exercises.) My physical therapy was the best thing I did. As soon as I had therapy the 2nd day, i already had 15% improvement in my range of motion.
Good luck, and i hope your recovery is a postive one.
Linda

wendyg on 2/19/02 at 05:43 (074272)

I had surgery 2/01 and continue to have pain, no improvement. I now am seeing a new Dr. to hopefully find a non surgical way to improve the pain. Good luck and let me know if you find help.

Linda on 2/19/02 at 11:21 (074300)

I had tts release on december 14,(along with heel spur removal,and fascia release.) I am 2 months post-op, and i feel good! I am almost pain free,and I can finally sleep without shooting pains in my feet.
I am so glad my experience has been a positive one. I am even back to the gym working out 6 days a week. (although i am only using the bike for leg exercises.) My physical therapy was the best thing I did. As soon as I had therapy the 2nd day, i already had 15% improvement in my range of motion.
Good luck, and i hope your recovery is a postive one.
Linda