Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Massachusetts Physicians

Posted by Mary Beth S on 2/19/02 at 15:52 (074322)

I was browsing through the lists of doctors who have a machine near the Boston area. I discovered a doctor in Newburyport MA Location ID # 85. But he doesn't state what type of machine or address to reach him. I also tried Healthtronics web site and they have no listing for him. Is this too good to be true?
I also found out that my insurance will pay for this procedure. I have Tufts POS insurance!!

Re: The Phantom Eswt man? Did he take it to another country?

BrianG on 2/19/02 at 23:27 (074364)

Hi Mary Beth,

I have tried on a couple of occasions to send him e-mail. He has never answered me, and I cannot find out anything about him. I hope you have better luck than I did. I'm wondering if he may be a vet?

Brian

PS Try the Orthopaedic dept. of Ma Gen Hospital. They did the Dornier trals a couple years ago.

Re: Massachusetts Physicians

Ed C. on 2/20/02 at 08:02 (074380)

I was told that Dornier will be putting a machine at Mass Gen very shortly. The Doctor is Dr. Theodore

Karen K. on 2/20/02 at 08:25 (074381)

Here's another MA name for you:

Brian Zinsmeister DPM in Lexington, MA. 781-862-3953 I called to inquire yesterday and he is actually out 'till the end of the week but, he is meeting with 'The company' rep on Tues. for ESWT. The secretary sounded excited about my inquiry and said the doctor would definitely get back to me at the end of this week when he returns.

That's awesome Tuffs has agreed to pay! I'm going in front of the board of appeals for Harvard Pilgrim March 1st to plead my case.

Good luck to all!
KK

BrianG on 2/20/02 at 10:36 (074398)

Hi Karen,

It's about time that someone in MA. gets an ESWT machine. Do you know which machine that Dr. Zinsmeister is planning on getting? I'm hoping all insurance will pay for this treatment. Good luck

BrianG

Karen K. on 2/21/02 at 07:45 (074491)

His assistant did not know which machine. She mentioned the company name and it was not one that I recognized. I'm wondering if there may be a study starting with another competitor's machine or the company she mentioned is a distributor for an already FDA approved machine. In any case I'll post as soon as I hear from him and find out.

Take care,
KK

Re: The Phantom Eswt man? Did he take it to another country?

BrianG on 2/19/02 at 23:27 (074364)

Hi Mary Beth,

I have tried on a couple of occasions to send him e-mail. He has never answered me, and I cannot find out anything about him. I hope you have better luck than I did. I'm wondering if he may be a vet?

Brian

PS Try the Orthopaedic dept. of Ma Gen Hospital. They did the Dornier trals a couple years ago.

Ed C. on 2/20/02 at 08:02 (074380)

I was told that Dornier will be putting a machine at Mass Gen very shortly. The Doctor is Dr. Theodore

Karen K. on 2/20/02 at 08:25 (074381)

Here's another MA name for you:

Brian Zinsmeister DPM in Lexington, MA. 781-862-3953 I called to inquire yesterday and he is actually out 'till the end of the week but, he is meeting with 'The company' rep on Tues. for ESWT. The secretary sounded excited about my inquiry and said the doctor would definitely get back to me at the end of this week when he returns.

That's awesome Tuffs has agreed to pay! I'm going in front of the board of appeals for Harvard Pilgrim March 1st to plead my case.

Good luck to all!
KK

BrianG on 2/20/02 at 10:36 (074398)

Hi Karen,

It's about time that someone in MA. gets an ESWT machine. Do you know which machine that Dr. Zinsmeister is planning on getting? I'm hoping all insurance will pay for this treatment. Good luck

BrianG

Karen K. on 2/21/02 at 07:45 (074491)

His assistant did not know which machine. She mentioned the company name and it was not one that I recognized. I'm wondering if there may be a study starting with another competitor's machine or the company she mentioned is a distributor for an already FDA approved machine. In any case I'll post as soon as I hear from him and find out.

Take care,
KK