Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

2 Planter fascia releases and Tarsal Tunnel Surgery all in a year and a half

Posted by Tracey A. on 2/19/02 at 21:33 (074358)

Hello,
Well, I have posted alot on this site many of times but have been having a few problems. I had tarsal tunnel release last Nov. and I still am having problems. It seems that alot of my symptoms are pre-surgery for planter fascia and tarsal tunnel. I have the rock feeling still in my heel. Lots of pain across the top of my foot and close to my toes. Pain right in front of the heel its where the incisions intersect together. I have been in P.T for 1 month and go back to my doctor this Friday. I can only be on my foot for 10 minutes when it really starts to hurt. The pain is there all the time even being off my feet. I'm tired physically and mentally and it's hard not to just give up. My foot gets numb and has shooting pain. Maybe there are no answers anymore maybe there is no advice but it makes me feel better to get it out here because no one in my life seems to understand and I think the doctor thinks I'm a whiney female.

Thanks for listening!!!!!!!!! Tracey

Re: 2 Planter fascia releases and Tarsal Tunnel Surgery all in a year and a half

Chrissy on 2/21/02 at 07:34 (074490)

Tracey,

I just want to let you know, that you are not alone. When I read your post, I thought aI was reading about my life for the past 4 years. The doctors just keep telling me that I have a low threshold for pain and htat I have had 2 surgeries, so I should be fixed.

I don't know where you are located, but my surgeon recently referred me to Temple University Foot/Ankle clinic. The doctor there spent alot of time with me.....he seemed really & truly interested in my problem. He conducted a test called QST (don't ask me what it stands for), and based on that test, he told me that I have significant sensory nerver damage in my thingh (right above my knee). This nerve runs down the side of the leg and into the Tarsal Tunnel area. I have the same syptoms as you do, and he says that it all could be caused by this sensory nerve.

You may want to look in to a neurologist who will preform a test on you for your sensory nerves. I am sure you have had an EMG/NCV test. This test only shows the major motor nerves, not the sonsory ones that carry the pain impulses. That's why in my case, they haven't caught this earlier.

Just something to think about....I hopes this helps.

Fell free to e-mail me if you have any questions,
Chrissy
(email removed)

Re: 2 Planter fascia releases and Tarsal Tunnel Surgery all in a year and a half

Chrissy on 2/21/02 at 07:34 (074490)

Tracey,

I just want to let you know, that you are not alone. When I read your post, I thought aI was reading about my life for the past 4 years. The doctors just keep telling me that I have a low threshold for pain and htat I have had 2 surgeries, so I should be fixed.

I don't know where you are located, but my surgeon recently referred me to Temple University Foot/Ankle clinic. The doctor there spent alot of time with me.....he seemed really & truly interested in my problem. He conducted a test called QST (don't ask me what it stands for), and based on that test, he told me that I have significant sensory nerver damage in my thingh (right above my knee). This nerve runs down the side of the leg and into the Tarsal Tunnel area. I have the same syptoms as you do, and he says that it all could be caused by this sensory nerve.

You may want to look in to a neurologist who will preform a test on you for your sensory nerves. I am sure you have had an EMG/NCV test. This test only shows the major motor nerves, not the sonsory ones that carry the pain impulses. That's why in my case, they haven't caught this earlier.

Just something to think about....I hopes this helps.

Fell free to e-mail me if you have any questions,
Chrissy
(email removed)