Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I AM TAKING A POLL , I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH RSD/CRPS????

Posted by Laurie R on 2/19/02 at 21:57 (074360)

Hi Everyone , I was just wondering how many of us have been diagnosed with RSD/CRPS...... Not for any reason , just curious ..Laurie R

Re: Not me, if you're counting both "yes's" and "no's".... (eom)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/19/02 at 22:51 (074362)

Re: I AM TAKING A POLL , I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH RSD/CRPS????

Janet C on 2/20/02 at 01:19 (074368)

Well, you know I have it... and I think I'm probably the first on this board to have been Dx'ed with it, too... although I think that more of us may have RSD than even realize it.

And I think that trying to get the message out about PF is important, but I wish people were also more aware of the possibilities of RSD... aware of the early symptoms of it, and were educated on how to recognize it, and seek treatment for it as early as possible, in order to prevent it from spreading, and turning into the terribly painful, and irreversable disease that it can become.

I wish I had someone warn me before I agreed to blindly have faith in the Drs. who performed my EPF, heel spur, and TTR surgeries!

Janet

Re: RSD

wendyn on 2/20/02 at 07:23 (074378)

I have been told that I have (had?) RSD - although not in an 'acute' form that needs active treatment?

Beverly on 2/20/02 at 17:08 (074427)

NO RSD but I have chronic tendonitis rear it's ugly head in numerous other places... usually wrists and elbow. I've noticed that many of us long-time foot/ankle sufferers have multiple orthopedic problems.
All over the body pain is common for me. If I only hurt in one place on a given day, I say I'm having a good day.
Beverly

Re: I AM TAKING A POLL , I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH RSD/CRPS????

Kathy G on 2/21/02 at 08:05 (074494)

I know I'm showing my ignorance, but what is RSD/CRPS?

Laurie R on 2/21/02 at 11:14 (074509)

Hi Kathy , RSD is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and CRPS is Cronic Regional Pain Syndrome . It is a very painful condition . I have it . I was just wondering how many of us on the board were diagnosed with it ...

You are not showing your ignorance , The only way I even knew what it was before I got it was my anutie and one of my cousins have it ... Other wise I would not of known what is was either ..... Their is a lot of info on RSD on this web site , Janet C and Wendyn wrote up some very good info on it . If you would like to learn more on it ,you can do a search on their names and add RSD ....

My best to you , Laurie R

Laurie R on 2/21/02 at 11:15 (074511)

Sorry I ment to put Complex regional pain syndrome , not Cronic ....

Kathy G on 2/22/02 at 08:45 (074676)

Thanks, Laurie. I will look it up.

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 15:50 (074724)

I think RSD awareness is very important...but seems to fall along thelines of Systemic nerve disorders doesn't it?
I would approach that as a totally different animal when trying to gain awareness.
I would have to be much more informed and educated on it for sure...I am a bit dumb on the description.

Re: Not me, if you're counting both "yes's" and "no's".... (eom)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/19/02 at 22:51 (074362)

Janet C on 2/20/02 at 01:19 (074368)

Well, you know I have it... and I think I'm probably the first on this board to have been Dx'ed with it, too... although I think that more of us may have RSD than even realize it.

And I think that trying to get the message out about PF is important, but I wish people were also more aware of the possibilities of RSD... aware of the early symptoms of it, and were educated on how to recognize it, and seek treatment for it as early as possible, in order to prevent it from spreading, and turning into the terribly painful, and irreversable disease that it can become.

I wish I had someone warn me before I agreed to blindly have faith in the Drs. who performed my EPF, heel spur, and TTR surgeries!

Janet

wendyn on 2/20/02 at 07:23 (074378)

I have been told that I have (had?) RSD - although not in an 'acute' form that needs active treatment?

Beverly on 2/20/02 at 17:08 (074427)

NO RSD but I have chronic tendonitis rear it's ugly head in numerous other places... usually wrists and elbow. I've noticed that many of us long-time foot/ankle sufferers have multiple orthopedic problems.
All over the body pain is common for me. If I only hurt in one place on a given day, I say I'm having a good day.
Beverly

Kathy G on 2/21/02 at 08:05 (074494)

I know I'm showing my ignorance, but what is RSD/CRPS?

Laurie R on 2/21/02 at 11:14 (074509)

Hi Kathy , RSD is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and CRPS is Cronic Regional Pain Syndrome . It is a very painful condition . I have it . I was just wondering how many of us on the board were diagnosed with it ...

You are not showing your ignorance , The only way I even knew what it was before I got it was my anutie and one of my cousins have it ... Other wise I would not of known what is was either ..... Their is a lot of info on RSD on this web site , Janet C and Wendyn wrote up some very good info on it . If you would like to learn more on it ,you can do a search on their names and add RSD ....

My best to you , Laurie R

Laurie R on 2/21/02 at 11:15 (074511)

Sorry I ment to put Complex regional pain syndrome , not Cronic ....

Kathy G on 2/22/02 at 08:45 (074676)

Thanks, Laurie. I will look it up.

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 15:50 (074724)

I think RSD awareness is very important...but seems to fall along thelines of Systemic nerve disorders doesn't it?
I would approach that as a totally different animal when trying to gain awareness.
I would have to be much more informed and educated on it for sure...I am a bit dumb on the description.