Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Finn Comfort Shoes

Posted by Timk on 2/20/02 at 08:51 (074383)

Does anyone know of a source for Finn Comfort Shoes in Germany? The US prices are way too high for me, but if there is a source in Germany with prices like the birkenstock site, it would help. Thanks

Re: Finn Comfort Shoes

Julie on 2/20/02 at 09:55 (074393)

Are the Finn shoes Finnish, Tim (as the name seems to imply?) If so, you'd do better to find an outlet in Finland. There's nothing particularly cheap about Germany - Birkenstocks are made there, that's all.

Search Google for Finn Comfort Shoes and see what you find.

Ed Davis, DPM on 2/20/02 at 22:09 (074455)

They are actually German shoes despite the name. Well made but pricey.
I would guess that their price would be a bit less in Germany than the US.
The net search is a good way to go--gives us a way to compare prices across the continents without leaving our home.
Ed

Carole C in NOLA on 2/20/02 at 23:02 (074464)

The only German site I found was this one:

http://www.fusaroshoes.de/shop1/index.html?target=FinnComfortBootsFinn_Lima.html

I have no idea whether the prices are any better than at US sites, though! I haven't looked for these shoes. Do they have a built in orthotic, perhaps with a high arch support? Some of them look very comfortable and some have a little heel lift too. I wonder what US stores carry them, so that I could look at them?

Carole C

Tim K on 2/21/02 at 03:48 (074482)

Thanks for the link, their prices are about half the US prices.

Julie on 2/21/02 at 04:54 (074483)

Sorry I was wrong about the provenance of Finn Comfort Shoes, and glad you've found a good source.

Out of interest, what are these shoes like?

Tim K on 2/21/02 at 07:16 (074489)

The shoes ae very well-made, and while not the most stylish, they are a bit more pleasing than the Birkenstock offerings. They have a good support insole, however its arch is not quite as pronounced as the Birk's.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/02 at 11:49 (074517)

Thanks for the description, Tim! They sound like good shoes, although from your description they would not provide me with the high arch support that seems to be most comfortable for me.

Carole C

Mahatmelissama on 2/25/02 at 01:08 (074965)

I wear them! I got an ortho pad (done by the Walkrite Footstore where I live) and we TOOK OUT the original pad and put my designed one in.

The shoes are the most comfortable shoes I have now (with my ortho pads, not the original ones).

Julie on 2/20/02 at 09:55 (074393)

Are the Finn shoes Finnish, Tim (as the name seems to imply?) If so, you'd do better to find an outlet in Finland. There's nothing particularly cheap about Germany - Birkenstocks are made there, that's all.

Search Google for Finn Comfort Shoes and see what you find.

Ed Davis, DPM on 2/20/02 at 22:09 (074455)

They are actually German shoes despite the name. Well made but pricey.
I would guess that their price would be a bit less in Germany than the US.
The net search is a good way to go--gives us a way to compare prices across the continents without leaving our home.
Ed

Carole C in NOLA on 2/20/02 at 23:02 (074464)

The only German site I found was this one:

http://www.fusaroshoes.de/shop1/index.html?target=FinnComfortBootsFinn_Lima.html

I have no idea whether the prices are any better than at US sites, though! I haven't looked for these shoes. Do they have a built in orthotic, perhaps with a high arch support? Some of them look very comfortable and some have a little heel lift too. I wonder what US stores carry them, so that I could look at them?

Carole C

Tim K on 2/21/02 at 03:48 (074482)

Thanks for the link, their prices are about half the US prices.

Julie on 2/21/02 at 04:54 (074483)

Sorry I was wrong about the provenance of Finn Comfort Shoes, and glad you've found a good source.

Out of interest, what are these shoes like?

Tim K on 2/21/02 at 07:16 (074489)

The shoes ae very well-made, and while not the most stylish, they are a bit more pleasing than the Birkenstock offerings. They have a good support insole, however its arch is not quite as pronounced as the Birk's.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/02 at 11:49 (074517)

Thanks for the description, Tim! They sound like good shoes, although from your description they would not provide me with the high arch support that seems to be most comfortable for me.

Carole C

Mahatmelissama on 2/25/02 at 01:08 (074965)

I wear them! I got an ortho pad (done by the Walkrite Footstore where I live) and we TOOK OUT the original pad and put my designed one in.

The shoes are the most comfortable shoes I have now (with my ortho pads, not the original ones).