Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Feet ache standing... TTS?

Posted by EKC on 2/20/02 at 09:26 (074387)

I've had PF for 4+ years and was diagnosed with TTS a few months ago. The PF is finally subsiding
from intense physical therapy, icing, and rest (over the last 5 months). But my 'achy' feet remain.
It is still difficult to walk or stand for ~> 5 min, especially on concrete. Question. Is the
tired, achy feeling the TTS or the PF? I've made a few previous posts on the different
message boards (see EKC) if you want to review my treatment history.

Re: Feet ache standing... TTS?

Suzanne D on 2/20/02 at 13:49 (074409)

I wouldn't be able to say about the TTS, but my PF pain of 9 months has subsided from the intense -'My feet are killing me!', limping pain. But both my feet feel so tired and achy and heavy much of the time. Standing on concrete is terribly hard to do, and whenever I have to walk on the sidewalk, I always try to walk on the grass/ground beside it instead. One of these days I am going to get in trouble for not staying off someone's grass!

I will be interested to see what others post in answer to your question. And best wishes to you! :-)

EKC on 2/20/02 at 17:09 (074428)

Yeah, tired achy feet. I've had it for so long. Feels like you've
walked Disney World... by 8:30 am!!
Sorry to hear.
Eileen

Sharon W on 3/02/02 at 09:26 (075460)

I have both problems too and I THINK the achy, tired feeling is PF, not TTS. Sometimes the symptoms are pretty much the same for both and the line between them gets really fuzzy. Characteristic pain from TTS would be tingling (especially in the inside of the foot or inner ankle, or the top of the arch), numbness and/or burning sensations in the sole and/or heel (often at night or after being on your feet a while), and sometimes shooting pains or pains that feel like electrical shocks running up your inner ankle. As best I've been able to sort it out, mild shooting pains ACROSS the arch can be caused by PF, but the ones that shoot toward the toes or the ball of the foot are probably TTS.
Good luck to you!
-- Sharon

Suzanne D on 2/20/02 at 13:49 (074409)

I wouldn't be able to say about the TTS, but my PF pain of 9 months has subsided from the intense -'My feet are killing me!', limping pain. But both my feet feel so tired and achy and heavy much of the time. Standing on concrete is terribly hard to do, and whenever I have to walk on the sidewalk, I always try to walk on the grass/ground beside it instead. One of these days I am going to get in trouble for not staying off someone's grass!

I will be interested to see what others post in answer to your question. And best wishes to you! :-)

EKC on 2/20/02 at 17:09 (074428)

Yeah, tired achy feet. I've had it for so long. Feels like you've
walked Disney World... by 8:30 am!!
Sorry to hear.
Eileen

Sharon W on 3/02/02 at 09:26 (075460)

I have both problems too and I THINK the achy, tired feeling is PF, not TTS. Sometimes the symptoms are pretty much the same for both and the line between them gets really fuzzy. Characteristic pain from TTS would be tingling (especially in the inside of the foot or inner ankle, or the top of the arch), numbness and/or burning sensations in the sole and/or heel (often at night or after being on your feet a while), and sometimes shooting pains or pains that feel like electrical shocks running up your inner ankle. As best I've been able to sort it out, mild shooting pains ACROSS the arch can be caused by PF, but the ones that shoot toward the toes or the ball of the foot are probably TTS.
Good luck to you!
-- Sharon