Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tts/surgrey 2/26/2000

Posted by trish e on 2/20/02 at 13:00 (074408)

hello,never done this so before,i have had tts for 3 yrs now,thought it was just a normal feeling as you get older in life.well i went to a foot dr and i had shots bought the orthotidcs,with no help.very painfull,i work as a tech in a hospital 12 long hrs,and its a killer,so he is doing my left foot first,iam very nervous about all the bad things i,ve read,but i told him that my feet are my living and he said ,he is very picky on who he operates on and feels this will improve my problem,so please have me in your prayers and thoughts and this will be the right move.

Re: tts/surgrey 2/26/2000

Pam B on 2/20/02 at 19:43 (074438)

Hi Trish, my name is Pam, I dont have TTS but I do have PF, spurs and tendonitis in both feet and just has surgery myself two weeks ago.....I know you are hurting with your TTS and I will pray for your surgery to be a success.......I know how you feel about your feet being your living and I wish you much luck and many prayers.......take care and keep us posted.......

Sharon W on 3/02/02 at 09:52 (075462)

Trish,
Good luck to you. I think I know where you're coming from; I'm a nurse, but I can't work anymore, it's just impossible for me to be on my feet 8 hours with the TTS. So I understand what you mean when you say, 'my feet are my living'. My podiatrist says I'm NOT a good candidate for surgery; you're lucky that your podiatrist says you ARE -- at least you have a chance for a full recovery. I wish you all the best; please let us know how it worked out!

trish e on 3/02/02 at 11:38 (075473)

hi sharon,ty for your concern,my surgery went well except the breathing thing,i went yesterday for follow up 3 day post op,he says it looks good,i have internal stitches and 5 regular stitches on the arch thing,the biggest thing now to look for is blood clot,i go back in 10 days.my dr knew my feet are my living he tried therpy,shots,pain meds and nothing worked so this was my last resort,now we just have to pray that its works ,than if it does he will do my right foot,my heel is still completly numb,he said it may not come back .so stay in touch please and i,ll keep you up-dated on my recovery ok have a great day and a better tommorrow.

trish e on 3/04/02 at 23:28 (075699)

hello all,just a short note to let you know how my foots doing,this is
day 6,and i do have alittle pain,i went to the dr and he took the cast off,said it looks good,then tring to get in the tub,my foot got stuck between the toliot and the tub,i pulled a few of the internal stitches loose,called dr and said it should be fine,but to call him if i feel any differant kind of pain.iam still wearing the cast ,but its not as sucure as the first,i have taken pic everyday to see how it looks,since my husband wasn,t home i ask the dr if he wanted me to e-mail picture of my foot,that way he could see it ,he liked that ideal,have a good day

trish e on 3/11/02 at 14:59 (076185)

HELLO ALL,JUST A SHORT NOTE TO LET YOU KNOW HOW IAM DOING JUST WENT TO THE DDR AND MY FOOT LOOKS ALOT BETTER HE TOOK THE STITCHES OUT OF THE BOTTOM AND STARTING THIS WEEKEND I CAN START TOE TOUCHING WITH A SHOE ON AND I GO BACK IN 10 DAYS ,IAM HAVING ALOT OF SWELLING SO I HAVE TO WATCH THAT CLOSLEY, AND I HAVE TO USE THE CRUTCHES AND WEAR THE NIGHT SPLINT.OTHER THAN THAT I FEEL GREAT ,YES I HAVE PAIN BUT NOTHING REALLY BAD.I,LL STAY IN TOUCH ABOUT MY PROGRESS,HAVE A GREAT DAY

Pam B on 2/20/02 at 19:43 (074438)

Hi Trish, my name is Pam, I dont have TTS but I do have PF, spurs and tendonitis in both feet and just has surgery myself two weeks ago.....I know you are hurting with your TTS and I will pray for your surgery to be a success.......I know how you feel about your feet being your living and I wish you much luck and many prayers.......take care and keep us posted.......

Sharon W on 3/02/02 at 09:52 (075462)

Trish,
Good luck to you. I think I know where you're coming from; I'm a nurse, but I can't work anymore, it's just impossible for me to be on my feet 8 hours with the TTS. So I understand what you mean when you say, 'my feet are my living'. My podiatrist says I'm NOT a good candidate for surgery; you're lucky that your podiatrist says you ARE -- at least you have a chance for a full recovery. I wish you all the best; please let us know how it worked out!

trish e on 3/02/02 at 11:38 (075473)

hi sharon,ty for your concern,my surgery went well except the breathing thing,i went yesterday for follow up 3 day post op,he says it looks good,i have internal stitches and 5 regular stitches on the arch thing,the biggest thing now to look for is blood clot,i go back in 10 days.my dr knew my feet are my living he tried therpy,shots,pain meds and nothing worked so this was my last resort,now we just have to pray that its works ,than if it does he will do my right foot,my heel is still completly numb,he said it may not come back .so stay in touch please and i,ll keep you up-dated on my recovery ok have a great day and a better tommorrow.

trish e on 3/04/02 at 23:28 (075699)

hello all,just a short note to let you know how my foots doing,this is
day 6,and i do have alittle pain,i went to the dr and he took the cast off,said it looks good,then tring to get in the tub,my foot got stuck between the toliot and the tub,i pulled a few of the internal stitches loose,called dr and said it should be fine,but to call him if i feel any differant kind of pain.iam still wearing the cast ,but its not as sucure as the first,i have taken pic everyday to see how it looks,since my husband wasn,t home i ask the dr if he wanted me to e-mail picture of my foot,that way he could see it ,he liked that ideal,have a good day

trish e on 3/11/02 at 14:59 (076185)

HELLO ALL,JUST A SHORT NOTE TO LET YOU KNOW HOW IAM DOING JUST WENT TO THE DDR AND MY FOOT LOOKS ALOT BETTER HE TOOK THE STITCHES OUT OF THE BOTTOM AND STARTING THIS WEEKEND I CAN START TOE TOUCHING WITH A SHOE ON AND I GO BACK IN 10 DAYS ,IAM HAVING ALOT OF SWELLING SO I HAVE TO WATCH THAT CLOSLEY, AND I HAVE TO USE THE CRUTCHES AND WEAR THE NIGHT SPLINT.OTHER THAN THAT I FEEL GREAT ,YES I HAVE PAIN BUT NOTHING REALLY BAD.I,LL STAY IN TOUCH ABOUT MY PROGRESS,HAVE A GREAT DAY