Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

calcaneal spur

Posted by PERNELL GARRISON on 2/20/02 at 16:05 (074418)

I recently had surgery on my heel form a calcuim buildup that was located
between my achilles tendon & the back of my heel . MY heel developed alot of scar tissue. The scar itself is okay. It is barely noticeable. but my foot is slightly swollen & very stiff. What can be done for the scar tissue that developed besides message & movement. Any advice would be very much appreciated. THANKS. i CAN BE EMAILD TO (email removed)

Re: calcaneal spur

Ed Davis, DPM on 2/20/02 at 16:11 (074422)

A course of physical therapy could be helpful.
Ed

john h on 2/21/02 at 12:11 (074527)

pernell: a doctor friend of mine had this type surgery. he is a big runner. I saw him yesterday and he is back 100% and running after a year. I think like any scar tissue/adhesions physical thearpy will be the route to take. My understanding is it will take sometimes for you to be 100% and your doc should advise you on the type of phyical thearpy for rehab to reduce adhesions and get you on the path to recovery. Most sports medicine clinics have rehab centers just for this type of recovery.

PERNELL on 2/28/02 at 12:45 (075291)

THANKS for all the emails guys . Ireally appreciate the help.

Ed Davis, DPM on 2/20/02 at 16:11 (074422)

A course of physical therapy could be helpful.
Ed

john h on 2/21/02 at 12:11 (074527)

pernell: a doctor friend of mine had this type surgery. he is a big runner. I saw him yesterday and he is back 100% and running after a year. I think like any scar tissue/adhesions physical thearpy will be the route to take. My understanding is it will take sometimes for you to be 100% and your doc should advise you on the type of phyical thearpy for rehab to reduce adhesions and get you on the path to recovery. Most sports medicine clinics have rehab centers just for this type of recovery.

PERNELL on 2/28/02 at 12:45 (075291)

THANKS for all the emails guys . Ireally appreciate the help.