Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Okay...everyone....

Posted by Carmen H on 2/20/02 at 18:42 (074433)

I am feeling a little disappointed you guys! :-(
Not near the response on the PLEASE READ ALL post I expected. Seriously I am not trying to be a nag here but from all the people who are on here daily and weekly complaining about their pain, insurance, the cost of treatments, long term problems with their feet and on and on and on I would have expected more people to write a letter and try to get some help.
:-(
I am sulking off to my corner and crying now.....
(just kidding! I will presson as always but would love seom support!!!)
thanks to those who wrote already....mucho Gracias or something like that.
;-)

Re: Okay...everyone....

Pam B on 2/20/02 at 19:51 (074439)

Hi Carmen, I just wanted you to know that in addition to the mail I sent them yesterday, I went back in on all five email names an wrote more letters and sent them then I used hubbys too.......I also went on my sons puter and did it with all his screenames too........currently, I am trying out earthlink for sixty days and I am going there tonite to send mail from the addresses in there too.........so wipe that :( off your face and :) and maybe someone else that reads this will do the same thing.......and you are welcome :) :) it was my pleasure PS)(no way am I trying that in any other language......I have enough trouble with english :)

Beverly on 2/20/02 at 19:53 (074440)

Carmen,

That was a good endeavor... trying to get TV time. Their letter sounded like a polite brush off.

How about Dear Abby or Ann Landers? I think more people read them than will ever watch Discovery Health. Someone mentioned Oprah once. She is so into wellness, perhaps that is a good avenue.

Last year the View did a show on foot pain and it was very glossed over... I did not feel their expert stressed how lifechanging foot problems can be.

Anyway, you are to be commended on your attempt. Even if their letter did sound like a polite brush off.
Beverly

BrianG on 2/20/02 at 22:05 (074452)

Hi Carmen,

Although I don't get Discover Health channel, I think you have a good idea. It's just my own opinion, but I really think we could use a celebrity spokesperson. It could be an athlete, an ex-mayor of NYC, or just someone who the public looks up to. As a prime example, look at Christopher Reeves, and what he's done for paralysis. There must be someone................ ??
Someone who can open some doors, spread the word.

BrianG

Re: My apologies

wendyn on 2/20/02 at 23:08 (074467)

I have been negligent - it has been an unbelievable few days...

In my defense, I also forgot to sign the card for a coworker who's brother passed away, and I have not seen nor called my grandmother in a week. I am currently so far behind in email and social things - that people are thinking I'M the one who's passed away.

I will put myself on the POO list tomorrow.

Clara from Sweden on 2/21/02 at 05:10 (074485)

Sorry Carmen, that I did not post..
Maybe all of us is a little clumsy now and then.

Howewer I´m thinking of you!!
I am a little ashamed of my bad english, sorry for that. So I have only been peeking on the board for a while. (now is that right-spelled- 'peeking'? )

Often I feel a little scared to write down some 'funny' wrong-written words, like I did at first, for example, In my first posting, I wrote the word wrong for the gentleman in the Muppet Show, the Swedish chef, do you remember that! I´m sure you do!!! I wrote what we call him so in Sweden, Now, I´m sure you all laughed a lot. The now when I got worse, I feel I need to 'talk' more.

So I will not apologize my english anymore, I think I have learned a lot at heelspurs.com, even a little better english.

Well, everything has a meaning, I think!
/Clara

monte on 2/21/02 at 09:34 (074498)

I actually wrote to Montel Williams 2 months ago. I figured that since he is always campaigning about good health, working out and living with a disability, he would be interested in knowing that there are alot of people out here across the world who have a physical problem and have a hard time getting treatment or doctors to stick with them without giving up. I also wanted him to explain to the world that this is a real ailment and not just 'sore feet' or in our heads. It seems that Montel is flying around the world getting great treatment for him MS. I am glad for him, but I thought he would like to show how the less weathly people of the world have to pursue treatment. NO RESPONSE FROM HIM OR HIS STAFF!

Laurie R on 2/21/02 at 11:05 (074507)

Dear Carmen , I will also write a letter , This is to important to let pass . Now that I am thinking a little more clearer I will get on it today . Their are so many of us with foot pain in the world , it needs to be addressed . So I will do my part also ... Laurie R

Pam B on 2/21/02 at 11:42 (074515)

I believe Montel has been posing as the judge on All My Children these days........if not, he sure has a twin :)

Re: Clara

wendyn on 2/21/02 at 13:01 (074538)

Clara, I still think your English is adorable. Since I can't speak another language - I'm so impressed with anyone who can.

Keep reading, and keep posting - and your English will only get better!

Richard, C.Ped on 2/21/02 at 15:22 (074549)

I hope I am not misunderstanding your post, but there a sooooo many people that read the board and do not post for one reason or another. You posted all the information needed to contact the proper people. I am sure there are many who are giving their requests that we do not know about.

BTW...I sent them an email the other day...

Richard

nancy s. on 2/21/02 at 15:54 (074553)

ok pam, 'all my children' is the soap i've watched on sick days since 1972. who's in court before judge montel? i can think of a number of scoundrels.
have you ever noticed how all the rooms in houses of people on soaps look like bad hotel rooms from the 1960s? i can hardly stand it.
nancy

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:05 (074561)

YOU ROCK Pam B!!!!!
:-)
That's awesome and that is the EXACT enthusiasm I was hoping for from all of us sufferers! thanks a bunchola!

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:08 (074562)

Oprah didn't work....she's not focused enough on JUST health. Believe me on two things Beverly.
1. It wasn't a brush off...the phone call response was a brush off. this is a positive sign.
2. I don't make ONE attempt at anything I believe in....I keep going til I get there no matter what it takes. Especially if it involves other people who are suffering...
We have to be optimistic that these things will work or they don't stand a chance.
Now write your letter miss Beverly!! Makes us proud!
I know you're capable of some pretty influential wording...go to it!

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:09 (074564)

Give me a name of a famous athlete...I'll get on it. Giveme two and I will try even harder!
I am not really into sports but will do my best if you give me names.

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:09 (074565)

Wendy.....you deserve a break. You're off the hook. :o)

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:11 (074566)

Your language is so endearing! Your letter would be even more influential....being from another country would be a super attention getter. they do shows on other countries as well.
Only if you feel comfortable though Clara.
I love your posts. They make me smile!

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:12 (074567)

Hmmmmm I know we talked about this on the phone butnow I am thinking about it...where did you write to? Send me an email and let me know...
Loved the conversation today. sorry you caught me in the middle of such crazy work stuff. If my deadlines aren't met I am screwed...!

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:13 (074568)

I have an email in the works to you and applaud you on taking care of YOU first.

Beverly on 2/21/02 at 17:13 (074569)

Hey, Carmen. You're right. I'll try to be an optimist and will drop them a line.

I still say lots of people read Dear Abby.

See ya,
Beverly

Re: Okay...everyone....Laurie that was for you

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:14 (074570)

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:15 (074571)

Awesome! thank you thank you thank you. Richard...everything I say is in solemn kindness....I promise.

Re: Beverly let's do both!

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:15 (074572)

Let's write her too!!!! Do you have an email address? I'll be happy to write to her.

Re: The messages aren't posting properly...

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 18:03 (074575)

I posted to ech person on this thread under each name and it didn't work.

Re: Carmen I am lost?

Tammie on 2/21/02 at 18:24 (074583)

I am sorry I had a moping under covers piety party . I am back now with dust on my behind and ready to try and live again!

So now what is this letter stuff? Point me in direction of address or email cause of course I want to be apart of this also! Feet pain needs to be more known about even the preventive measures so the youth dont have to discover this later in there life! Hope you are feeling well, and am happy to see you are as spunky as ever , you never quit do u? I admire that! Rub a bit of that on me will u ? LOL I feel like laughing today, no reason of course but I feel like I am alive and my family is well and I should have much to be thankful for!

Pam B on 2/21/02 at 18:37 (074586)

Hey Nancy, it is Pam........the one on trial AGAIN is none other than ERIKA KANE.......but she got off.......god will I be glad to go back to work someday :)

Re: Here's where, Tammie...

Suzanne D on 2/21/02 at 18:45 (074592)

Hi, Tammie! Good to see you back! :-) I've been thinking of you often...

Go down to Carmen's post entitled PLEASE READ ALL to read about the letter writing project.

Then go down further to YEP!!! FLOOD their e-mail, guys!!! from Carmen for the e-mail address.

Tammie on 2/21/02 at 18:49 (074594)

Thank u , I am happy to be back! I needed a break I think to much to deal with ! All adds up and gets overwelming and u kinda just want to duck out of life for a bit! I am anxious to get some control back in my life now after my piety party!I will search it out! I tried to post the dr. a site that carole had done of my feet but could not make it work not sure what i did, it was in the end of the tts site, do u think I copyed it wrong? I am not that great with the computor lol my daughter is a whiz! Love to you friend and gee it feels good to be back (home) here! I just wish others would return also! I still kinda feel bad about the whole thing!

Re: JohnH, names of athletes please

BrianG on 2/21/02 at 19:12 (074595)

Hi Carmen,

I scrolled down and got the e-mail address to the Discovery Network. I wrote them a nice long note, mostly about how the insurance companies should all be paying for ESWT, before cutting. I hope it helps 'the cause'.

I believe JohnH knows of a number of athletes who have been treated with ESWT for their PF. Unfortunatly, these guys are still mostly pro's who do not want the whole world to know hey had to go to Canada for ESWT treatments, for PF. It might diminish their contract money next time around. How about someone at the end of his career, or all done? Isn't PF what put Larry Bird out of the game of basketball? To me, Larry would be a perfect spokesperson. If indeed he did have PF. C'mon JohnH, throw some names out for Carmen, she's on a roll!! :*)

BrianG

Suzanne D on 2/21/02 at 19:19 (074597)

I do understand, Tammie! I think you and I are a lot alike in many ways. I know that we both truly care about everyone and want to help, and I think that we both try to 'fix' everything, and when we cannot do that, it hurts. We don't want anyone to be upset, especially at us.

I did not realize how destructive to myself that some of my behavior could be until I have begun to see my younger daughter following in my footsteps. My older daughter is quite spunky and - although kind and loving - never lets herself be a doormat for anyone. But I have seen my other daughter hurt many times recently as friends have taken advantage of her, and she has been spinning in circles trying to make them all happy, feeling bad about it all.

Know that you are a warm and kind person who encourages many every day! Know that you cannot control what others do and that sometimes things happen which you cannot remedy. And that is not your fault.

We are also alike in that I don't know much about computers! I can't help you with the situation you described about copying the site, but I am sure someone else can.

You take care, and I'm glad you are feeling more confident and positive! Now you can more clearly figure out what needs to be done next to take the proper steps toward healing.

monte on 2/21/02 at 20:35 (074604)

hi...i had posed this question to the board a while ago and got a few responses. I know Carl Lewis had it along with Shaq, Glen Rice and Marcus Camby. In the news paper they write Plantar Fasciitis and describe it as a sore foot. Imagine that! I also heard that Mark McGwire and John Valentin on the Mets had it too.

nancy s. on 2/21/02 at 20:55 (074606)

monte, john valentin plays third base for the red sox.
no mets for john valentin, please!
he was out two seasons ago with pf, came back last season for maybe a month, and then was sidelined with it for the rest of the season. must have a really bad case.
i've read he's coming back this spring -- hope he lasts.
nancy, rabid red sox fan

monte on 2/21/02 at 21:16 (074613)

nancy..we just got Valentin a few weeks ago. Please check that out. I am pretty sure. He is not a starter..just a back up

John h on 2/21/02 at 21:30 (074619)

actually Nancy on a day I am stuck at home I watch Days of Our Lives. I can miss 6 months and not much has changed.

John h on 2/21/02 at 21:34 (074620)

Glenn Rice a famous NBA basketball player. One of the clinics that uses ESWT in Canada is the Sports Medicine Clinic for the Montreal Canadians.

Re: Okay Carmen thank you for this great effort

Anthony P on 2/21/02 at 22:51 (074623)

Hello, I just saw your posts, Busy with work , I will get my letter to discovery channel, Carmen : ) , I will also write Ann Landers ,& Dear Abby, Lets keep those letter coming !!! A letter to the former mayer of N.Y . I think would help . Anyone Know how to contact the former mayer ??
My Best Anthony P : )

Re: Carmen

wendyn on 2/21/02 at 23:31 (074628)

Some days I am overwhelemed!!!

In addition (like you want to listen to me complain)

I am having nasty pain in the feet - they were hot and red tonight - I tried to take a picture of what that looks like - but I don't know how well the red will show up. If it does, I will post it.

I also have the tendonitis back that I sometimes get along side the front of my shin bones.

It hurts and it makes my legs lumpy. Along with my old lady shoes, the lumps make look like I have old lady legs.

:(

nancy s. on 2/21/02 at 23:34 (074629)

wow, monte, how quickly things change! i had no idea ... thanks for clueing me in, so i don't wait around all season mumbling 'where's valentin? that #%&@* PF!'
nancy

nancy s. on 2/21/02 at 23:38 (074632)

thanks, pam. what did erika do now -- o.d. on ego?
john, i can't believe you watch 'days of our lives.' please have mary send me a note as proof.
it's true, though -- you can miss a soap for six months, and when you look at it again, about four days have gone by, their time. the repetition in the conversation makes me scream. but for some reason when i'm sick their pathetic lives make me feel slightly better. maybe that means i'm really sick.
nancy

Re: Wendyn I will listen to you complain

Laurie R on 2/21/02 at 23:59 (074634)

Hi Wendy , I am so sorry you feet hurt and are red. Now the red color is from RSD right ? Oh do I ever feel for you .... Have you talked about getting the spinal injections done ? They are really not that bad , oh listen to me now that I have had 4 already . Oh the relief is wonderful. Right when I wake up from the injections the RSD pain is gone . Now if they could do this for the rest of my pain and tendon problems I would go every week ..

I am going this Monday for my frist epidural steriod injection . I have to be at the surgery center at 6:00 am . Can you believe that ? I hope this works as well as the other blocks...

Ok since your feet are red and you are not feeling well tonight , I will forgive you for not emailing me back .....:)

I hope you feel better tomorrow .
Laurie R

Clara from Sweden on 2/22/02 at 03:03 (074638)

Hi Wendyn! Thank you!!! I feel rather proud that your impressed!

Do you want to know something else! I have been starting to learn sign language too! We have lots of deaf people in this town, so it would be good if somebody at the library could 'talk' to them. I´m very happy that I began this course, but it´s rather difficult for me to go there, I suppose its time to invest in a wheel-chair again...

Here in Sweden we learn English in school early, from 9 years and up, and for a long time, about 10 years, infact! I have studied french too, but I cannot talk that language very good, I understand better than I talk.

I must confess that I sometimes must use a dictionary to write right, but sometimes, like when I wrote 'recipes' and 'hold your thumbs' and so on, it can be wrong, but funny! I think that it´s only good with a little sense of humour! Laughing is good medicine! (And you don´t need 'recipes')

Take care
Clara

Clara from Sweden on 2/22/02 at 03:10 (074640)

Thanks to you Carmen!

But I do not know what 'endearing' is...? I looked in my dictionary AGAIN. I sounds like it is a positive word?

And yes, I feel comfortable if I can make you smile!

Clara

Re: Good morning, Wendy!

Carole C in NOLA on 2/22/02 at 05:14 (074645)

Wendy, good morning! I hope you have a 'good feet day' today, or at least a relatively better day. I'm sorry to hear that your feet were so hot, red, and painful last night, and with tendonitis too! That has got to go. Take care and be nice to your feet, and I hope they are nice to you soon, too.

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 2/22/02 at 05:34 (074647)

Oh I know that everything was in kindness :-)

I have gone to the newspaper, radio, and tv stations to try to get them to do a story. I had one tv station do an interview with me about a year ago. I had another intrested, but then I don't know what happened. Your postings have encouraged me to try try again with those guys.

~Richard~

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 07:06 (074656)

I will try and find out!

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 07:07 (074657)

Yes do!!! keep trying and let us know.

Re: BRIAN

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 07:51 (074661)

I am going to ask my brother in law about Larry Bird. He named his bord after him (should give you an idea of how much he knows about him since he loves him that much!)
thanks for the idea!

nancy s. on 2/22/02 at 08:12 (074666)

clara, i have a favorite too-literal translation that i read about once. the wife of the author john steinbeck, who wrote 'The Grapes of Wrath,' was in a bookstore somewhere in south america, and she asked the bookstore owner if he was selling the book 'The Grapes of Wrath' in his store. he knew english only a little bit and was puzzled. then his face brightened, and he said, 'oh, you mean 'The Angry Raisins'!'

i think your posts are great.

'endearing' is indeed a positive word. i would say it means a combination of 'sweet,' 'heartwarming,' 'precious.'
nancy

john h on 2/22/02 at 12:14 (074687)

I am not sure whether it was PF that put Bill Walton out but it was definitely his feet. He still gets wide exposure on TV and one of the greatest NBA players ever. He struggled with his feet for years and I bet he is the kind of guy who would respond to a letter from one of the ladies. From talking to the NBA guys you are right they do not let their coaches know when they are hurting unless they have to. I have talked to Corliss Williamson on several occasions (starting forward for Pistons) and he said many NBA guys have PF and many wear orthotics. A couple of years ago I wrote the New York Ballet Company about who they used for treatment of feet and did many of their dancers encounter PF. They responded that they could not release any medical information. I also wrote NBC and ABC about doing a segment on their frequent medical minutes and they gave the usual courtesy letter they would look into it. You would think a disease that over 6-9million new people encounter each year would get more press.

john h on 2/22/02 at 12:18 (074688)

Nancy: you are most definitely a Red Sox fan. With my cubs new lineup that includes Sosa,McGriff,Alou in that order we will make some waves this year. The one thing we have in common (cubs/sox) are old historical stadiums and a history of losing. How come you guys let the Rocket go???????????

Re: Okay...everyone..../Nancy S

john h on 2/22/02 at 12:25 (074689)

Nancy: I miss the evil Stephano since he departed but they turned his daughter Lexxe into an evil daughter. John found out he is not the father of Princess Gina's baby and it is not Stephanio so who is the father? Rolf still controls Lexxe while Stephanio is hiding in Europe. Gretta likes the guy who is pretending to be gay but now they suspect he really is not gay. Now do you believe I have watched this program?

Re: "Days of Our Lives"

Richard, C.Ped on 2/22/02 at 14:26 (074703)

Wow John...I thought I was the only guy that watched 'Days'

My sister got me into 'DayS' when we were still in high school. I have not been able to follow the story line since I do not go home for lunch anymore. Last time I saw it, I thought the story was a little silly. I go back to the days when 'Patch' was still there.

Thinking about high school...just in case anyone has ever watched 'Melrose Place' or 'Sex and the City' (I don't have cable so I have never really seen it), I went to high school with Kristen Davis. I have the yearbook to prove it. :-)
Richard

nancy s. on 2/22/02 at 16:11 (074729)

let's face it, john, the rocket got too big for his britches. and pedro can outpitch him when his shoulder isn't on the blink.
yay, Save Fenway Park! i didn't know the cubs have a stadium to save too. looks like we might succeed in saving fenway with the new sox owners.
nancy

nancy s. on 2/22/02 at 16:17 (074730)

i've never seen 'days' in my life, but you sure sound like you know what you're talking about and i'll take your word for it. where do they come up with the characters' names, i wonder? i think they consult a really bad geology or history book.
i had a boyfriend who enjoyed coming up with new titles for soaps, such as 'As the World Burns' and 'As the Stomach Turns' and 'The Stupid and the Ridiculous.'
I'd like one called 'The Old and the Cracked.'
nancy

Re: thanks John!!

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 17:37 (074740)

Thanks John! Gonna keep pluggin away...and see what I can do with this! thanks

Pam B on 2/20/02 at 19:51 (074439)

Hi Carmen, I just wanted you to know that in addition to the mail I sent them yesterday, I went back in on all five email names an wrote more letters and sent them then I used hubbys too.......I also went on my sons puter and did it with all his screenames too........currently, I am trying out earthlink for sixty days and I am going there tonite to send mail from the addresses in there too.........so wipe that :( off your face and :) and maybe someone else that reads this will do the same thing.......and you are welcome :) :) it was my pleasure PS)(no way am I trying that in any other language......I have enough trouble with english :)

Beverly on 2/20/02 at 19:53 (074440)

Carmen,

That was a good endeavor... trying to get TV time. Their letter sounded like a polite brush off.

How about Dear Abby or Ann Landers? I think more people read them than will ever watch Discovery Health. Someone mentioned Oprah once. She is so into wellness, perhaps that is a good avenue.

Last year the View did a show on foot pain and it was very glossed over... I did not feel their expert stressed how lifechanging foot problems can be.

Anyway, you are to be commended on your attempt. Even if their letter did sound like a polite brush off.
Beverly

BrianG on 2/20/02 at 22:05 (074452)

Hi Carmen,

Although I don't get Discover Health channel, I think you have a good idea. It's just my own opinion, but I really think we could use a celebrity spokesperson. It could be an athlete, an ex-mayor of NYC, or just someone who the public looks up to. As a prime example, look at Christopher Reeves, and what he's done for paralysis. There must be someone................ ??
Someone who can open some doors, spread the word.

BrianG

wendyn on 2/20/02 at 23:08 (074467)

I have been negligent - it has been an unbelievable few days...

In my defense, I also forgot to sign the card for a coworker who's brother passed away, and I have not seen nor called my grandmother in a week. I am currently so far behind in email and social things - that people are thinking I'M the one who's passed away.

I will put myself on the POO list tomorrow.

Clara from Sweden on 2/21/02 at 05:10 (074485)

Sorry Carmen, that I did not post..
Maybe all of us is a little clumsy now and then.

Howewer I´m thinking of you!!
I am a little ashamed of my bad english, sorry for that. So I have only been peeking on the board for a while. (now is that right-spelled- 'peeking'? )

Often I feel a little scared to write down some 'funny' wrong-written words, like I did at first, for example, In my first posting, I wrote the word wrong for the gentleman in the Muppet Show, the Swedish chef, do you remember that! I´m sure you do!!! I wrote what we call him so in Sweden, Now, I´m sure you all laughed a lot. The now when I got worse, I feel I need to 'talk' more.

So I will not apologize my english anymore, I think I have learned a lot at heelspurs.com, even a little better english.

Well, everything has a meaning, I think!
/Clara

monte on 2/21/02 at 09:34 (074498)

I actually wrote to Montel Williams 2 months ago. I figured that since he is always campaigning about good health, working out and living with a disability, he would be interested in knowing that there are alot of people out here across the world who have a physical problem and have a hard time getting treatment or doctors to stick with them without giving up. I also wanted him to explain to the world that this is a real ailment and not just 'sore feet' or in our heads. It seems that Montel is flying around the world getting great treatment for him MS. I am glad for him, but I thought he would like to show how the less weathly people of the world have to pursue treatment. NO RESPONSE FROM HIM OR HIS STAFF!

Laurie R on 2/21/02 at 11:05 (074507)

Dear Carmen , I will also write a letter , This is to important to let pass . Now that I am thinking a little more clearer I will get on it today . Their are so many of us with foot pain in the world , it needs to be addressed . So I will do my part also ... Laurie R

Pam B on 2/21/02 at 11:42 (074515)

I believe Montel has been posing as the judge on All My Children these days........if not, he sure has a twin :)

wendyn on 2/21/02 at 13:01 (074538)

Clara, I still think your English is adorable. Since I can't speak another language - I'm so impressed with anyone who can.

Keep reading, and keep posting - and your English will only get better!

Richard, C.Ped on 2/21/02 at 15:22 (074549)

I hope I am not misunderstanding your post, but there a sooooo many people that read the board and do not post for one reason or another. You posted all the information needed to contact the proper people. I am sure there are many who are giving their requests that we do not know about.

BTW...I sent them an email the other day...

Richard

nancy s. on 2/21/02 at 15:54 (074553)

ok pam, 'all my children' is the soap i've watched on sick days since 1972. who's in court before judge montel? i can think of a number of scoundrels.
have you ever noticed how all the rooms in houses of people on soaps look like bad hotel rooms from the 1960s? i can hardly stand it.
nancy

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:05 (074561)

YOU ROCK Pam B!!!!!
That's awesome and that is the EXACT enthusiasm I was hoping for from all of us sufferers! thanks a bunchola!

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:08 (074562)

Oprah didn't work....she's not focused enough on JUST health. Believe me on two things Beverly.
1. It wasn't a brush off...the phone call response was a brush off. this is a positive sign.
2. I don't make ONE attempt at anything I believe in....I keep going til I get there no matter what it takes. Especially if it involves other people who are suffering...
We have to be optimistic that these things will work or they don't stand a chance.
Now write your letter miss Beverly!! Makes us proud!
I know you're capable of some pretty influential wording...go to it!

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:09 (074564)

Give me a name of a famous athlete...I'll get on it. Giveme two and I will try even harder!
I am not really into sports but will do my best if you give me names.

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:09 (074565)

Wendy.....you deserve a break. You're off the hook. :o)

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:11 (074566)

Your language is so endearing! Your letter would be even more influential....being from another country would be a super attention getter. they do shows on other countries as well.
Only if you feel comfortable though Clara.
I love your posts. They make me smile!

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:12 (074567)

Hmmmmm I know we talked about this on the phone butnow I am thinking about it...where did you write to? Send me an email and let me know...
Loved the conversation today. sorry you caught me in the middle of such crazy work stuff. If my deadlines aren't met I am screwed...!

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:13 (074568)

I have an email in the works to you and applaud you on taking care of YOU first.

Beverly on 2/21/02 at 17:13 (074569)

Hey, Carmen. You're right. I'll try to be an optimist and will drop them a line.

I still say lots of people read Dear Abby.

See ya,
Beverly

Re: Okay...everyone....Laurie that was for you

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:14 (074570)

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:15 (074571)

Awesome! thank you thank you thank you. Richard...everything I say is in solemn kindness....I promise.

Re: Beverly let's do both!

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 17:15 (074572)

Let's write her too!!!! Do you have an email address? I'll be happy to write to her.

Re: The messages aren't posting properly...

Carmen H on 2/21/02 at 18:03 (074575)

I posted to ech person on this thread under each name and it didn't work.

Re: Carmen I am lost?

Tammie on 2/21/02 at 18:24 (074583)

I am sorry I had a moping under covers piety party . I am back now with dust on my behind and ready to try and live again!

So now what is this letter stuff? Point me in direction of address or email cause of course I want to be apart of this also! Feet pain needs to be more known about even the preventive measures so the youth dont have to discover this later in there life! Hope you are feeling well, and am happy to see you are as spunky as ever , you never quit do u? I admire that! Rub a bit of that on me will u ? LOL I feel like laughing today, no reason of course but I feel like I am alive and my family is well and I should have much to be thankful for!

Pam B on 2/21/02 at 18:37 (074586)

Hey Nancy, it is Pam........the one on trial AGAIN is none other than ERIKA KANE.......but she got off.......god will I be glad to go back to work someday :)

Suzanne D on 2/21/02 at 18:45 (074592)

Hi, Tammie! Good to see you back! :-) I've been thinking of you often...

Go down to Carmen's post entitled PLEASE READ ALL to read about the letter writing project.

Then go down further to YEP!!! FLOOD their e-mail, guys!!! from Carmen for the e-mail address.

Tammie on 2/21/02 at 18:49 (074594)

Thank u , I am happy to be back! I needed a break I think to much to deal with ! All adds up and gets overwelming and u kinda just want to duck out of life for a bit! I am anxious to get some control back in my life now after my piety party!I will search it out! I tried to post the dr. a site that carole had done of my feet but could not make it work not sure what i did, it was in the end of the tts site, do u think I copyed it wrong? I am not that great with the computor lol my daughter is a whiz! Love to you friend and gee it feels good to be back (home) here! I just wish others would return also! I still kinda feel bad about the whole thing!

BrianG on 2/21/02 at 19:12 (074595)

Hi Carmen,

I scrolled down and got the e-mail address to the Discovery Network. I wrote them a nice long note, mostly about how the insurance companies should all be paying for ESWT, before cutting. I hope it helps 'the cause'.

I believe JohnH knows of a number of athletes who have been treated with ESWT for their PF. Unfortunatly, these guys are still mostly pro's who do not want the whole world to know hey had to go to Canada for ESWT treatments, for PF. It might diminish their contract money next time around. How about someone at the end of his career, or all done? Isn't PF what put Larry Bird out of the game of basketball? To me, Larry would be a perfect spokesperson. If indeed he did have PF. C'mon JohnH, throw some names out for Carmen, she's on a roll!! :*)

BrianG

Suzanne D on 2/21/02 at 19:19 (074597)

I do understand, Tammie! I think you and I are a lot alike in many ways. I know that we both truly care about everyone and want to help, and I think that we both try to 'fix' everything, and when we cannot do that, it hurts. We don't want anyone to be upset, especially at us.

I did not realize how destructive to myself that some of my behavior could be until I have begun to see my younger daughter following in my footsteps. My older daughter is quite spunky and - although kind and loving - never lets herself be a doormat for anyone. But I have seen my other daughter hurt many times recently as friends have taken advantage of her, and she has been spinning in circles trying to make them all happy, feeling bad about it all.

Know that you are a warm and kind person who encourages many every day! Know that you cannot control what others do and that sometimes things happen which you cannot remedy. And that is not your fault.

We are also alike in that I don't know much about computers! I can't help you with the situation you described about copying the site, but I am sure someone else can.

You take care, and I'm glad you are feeling more confident and positive! Now you can more clearly figure out what needs to be done next to take the proper steps toward healing.

monte on 2/21/02 at 20:35 (074604)

hi...i had posed this question to the board a while ago and got a few responses. I know Carl Lewis had it along with Shaq, Glen Rice and Marcus Camby. In the news paper they write Plantar Fasciitis and describe it as a sore foot. Imagine that! I also heard that Mark McGwire and John Valentin on the Mets had it too.

nancy s. on 2/21/02 at 20:55 (074606)

monte, john valentin plays third base for the red sox.
no mets for john valentin, please!
he was out two seasons ago with pf, came back last season for maybe a month, and then was sidelined with it for the rest of the season. must have a really bad case.
i've read he's coming back this spring -- hope he lasts.
nancy, rabid red sox fan

monte on 2/21/02 at 21:16 (074613)

nancy..we just got Valentin a few weeks ago. Please check that out. I am pretty sure. He is not a starter..just a back up

John h on 2/21/02 at 21:30 (074619)

actually Nancy on a day I am stuck at home I watch Days of Our Lives. I can miss 6 months and not much has changed.

John h on 2/21/02 at 21:34 (074620)

Glenn Rice a famous NBA basketball player. One of the clinics that uses ESWT in Canada is the Sports Medicine Clinic for the Montreal Canadians.

Anthony P on 2/21/02 at 22:51 (074623)

Hello, I just saw your posts, Busy with work , I will get my letter to discovery channel, Carmen : ) , I will also write Ann Landers ,& Dear Abby, Lets keep those letter coming !!! A letter to the former mayer of N.Y . I think would help . Anyone Know how to contact the former mayer ??
My Best Anthony P : )

Re: Carmen

wendyn on 2/21/02 at 23:31 (074628)

Some days I am overwhelemed!!!

In addition (like you want to listen to me complain)

I am having nasty pain in the feet - they were hot and red tonight - I tried to take a picture of what that looks like - but I don't know how well the red will show up. If it does, I will post it.

I also have the tendonitis back that I sometimes get along side the front of my shin bones.

It hurts and it makes my legs lumpy. Along with my old lady shoes, the lumps make look like I have old lady legs.

:(

nancy s. on 2/21/02 at 23:34 (074629)

wow, monte, how quickly things change! i had no idea ... thanks for clueing me in, so i don't wait around all season mumbling 'where's valentin? that #%&@* PF!'
nancy

nancy s. on 2/21/02 at 23:38 (074632)

thanks, pam. what did erika do now -- o.d. on ego?
john, i can't believe you watch 'days of our lives.' please have mary send me a note as proof.
it's true, though -- you can miss a soap for six months, and when you look at it again, about four days have gone by, their time. the repetition in the conversation makes me scream. but for some reason when i'm sick their pathetic lives make me feel slightly better. maybe that means i'm really sick.
nancy

Re: Wendyn I will listen to you complain

Laurie R on 2/21/02 at 23:59 (074634)

Hi Wendy , I am so sorry you feet hurt and are red. Now the red color is from RSD right ? Oh do I ever feel for you .... Have you talked about getting the spinal injections done ? They are really not that bad , oh listen to me now that I have had 4 already . Oh the relief is wonderful. Right when I wake up from the injections the RSD pain is gone . Now if they could do this for the rest of my pain and tendon problems I would go every week ..

I am going this Monday for my frist epidural steriod injection . I have to be at the surgery center at 6:00 am . Can you believe that ? I hope this works as well as the other blocks...

Ok since your feet are red and you are not feeling well tonight , I will forgive you for not emailing me back .....:)

I hope you feel better tomorrow .
Laurie R

Clara from Sweden on 2/22/02 at 03:03 (074638)

Hi Wendyn! Thank you!!! I feel rather proud that your impressed!

Do you want to know something else! I have been starting to learn sign language too! We have lots of deaf people in this town, so it would be good if somebody at the library could 'talk' to them. I´m very happy that I began this course, but it´s rather difficult for me to go there, I suppose its time to invest in a wheel-chair again...

Here in Sweden we learn English in school early, from 9 years and up, and for a long time, about 10 years, infact! I have studied french too, but I cannot talk that language very good, I understand better than I talk.

I must confess that I sometimes must use a dictionary to write right, but sometimes, like when I wrote 'recipes' and 'hold your thumbs' and so on, it can be wrong, but funny! I think that it´s only good with a little sense of humour! Laughing is good medicine! (And you don´t need 'recipes')

Take care
Clara

Clara from Sweden on 2/22/02 at 03:10 (074640)

Thanks to you Carmen!

But I do not know what 'endearing' is...? I looked in my dictionary AGAIN. I sounds like it is a positive word?

And yes, I feel comfortable if I can make you smile!

Clara

Re: Good morning, Wendy!

Carole C in NOLA on 2/22/02 at 05:14 (074645)

Wendy, good morning! I hope you have a 'good feet day' today, or at least a relatively better day. I'm sorry to hear that your feet were so hot, red, and painful last night, and with tendonitis too! That has got to go. Take care and be nice to your feet, and I hope they are nice to you soon, too.

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 2/22/02 at 05:34 (074647)

Oh I know that everything was in kindness :-)

I have gone to the newspaper, radio, and tv stations to try to get them to do a story. I had one tv station do an interview with me about a year ago. I had another intrested, but then I don't know what happened. Your postings have encouraged me to try try again with those guys.

~Richard~

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 07:06 (074656)

I will try and find out!

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 07:07 (074657)

Yes do!!! keep trying and let us know.

Re: BRIAN

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 07:51 (074661)

I am going to ask my brother in law about Larry Bird. He named his bord after him (should give you an idea of how much he knows about him since he loves him that much!)
thanks for the idea!

nancy s. on 2/22/02 at 08:12 (074666)

clara, i have a favorite too-literal translation that i read about once. the wife of the author john steinbeck, who wrote 'The Grapes of Wrath,' was in a bookstore somewhere in south america, and she asked the bookstore owner if he was selling the book 'The Grapes of Wrath' in his store. he knew english only a little bit and was puzzled. then his face brightened, and he said, 'oh, you mean 'The Angry Raisins'!'

i think your posts are great.

'endearing' is indeed a positive word. i would say it means a combination of 'sweet,' 'heartwarming,' 'precious.'
nancy

john h on 2/22/02 at 12:14 (074687)

I am not sure whether it was PF that put Bill Walton out but it was definitely his feet. He still gets wide exposure on TV and one of the greatest NBA players ever. He struggled with his feet for years and I bet he is the kind of guy who would respond to a letter from one of the ladies. From talking to the NBA guys you are right they do not let their coaches know when they are hurting unless they have to. I have talked to Corliss Williamson on several occasions (starting forward for Pistons) and he said many NBA guys have PF and many wear orthotics. A couple of years ago I wrote the New York Ballet Company about who they used for treatment of feet and did many of their dancers encounter PF. They responded that they could not release any medical information. I also wrote NBC and ABC about doing a segment on their frequent medical minutes and they gave the usual courtesy letter they would look into it. You would think a disease that over 6-9million new people encounter each year would get more press.

john h on 2/22/02 at 12:18 (074688)

Nancy: you are most definitely a Red Sox fan. With my cubs new lineup that includes Sosa,McGriff,Alou in that order we will make some waves this year. The one thing we have in common (cubs/sox) are old historical stadiums and a history of losing. How come you guys let the Rocket go???????????

john h on 2/22/02 at 12:25 (074689)

Nancy: I miss the evil Stephano since he departed but they turned his daughter Lexxe into an evil daughter. John found out he is not the father of Princess Gina's baby and it is not Stephanio so who is the father? Rolf still controls Lexxe while Stephanio is hiding in Europe. Gretta likes the guy who is pretending to be gay but now they suspect he really is not gay. Now do you believe I have watched this program?

Re: "Days of Our Lives"

Richard, C.Ped on 2/22/02 at 14:26 (074703)

Wow John...I thought I was the only guy that watched 'Days'

My sister got me into 'DayS' when we were still in high school. I have not been able to follow the story line since I do not go home for lunch anymore. Last time I saw it, I thought the story was a little silly. I go back to the days when 'Patch' was still there.

Thinking about high school...just in case anyone has ever watched 'Melrose Place' or 'Sex and the City' (I don't have cable so I have never really seen it), I went to high school with Kristen Davis. I have the yearbook to prove it. :-)
Richard

nancy s. on 2/22/02 at 16:11 (074729)

let's face it, john, the rocket got too big for his britches. and pedro can outpitch him when his shoulder isn't on the blink.
yay, Save Fenway Park! i didn't know the cubs have a stadium to save too. looks like we might succeed in saving fenway with the new sox owners.
nancy

nancy s. on 2/22/02 at 16:17 (074730)

i've never seen 'days' in my life, but you sure sound like you know what you're talking about and i'll take your word for it. where do they come up with the characters' names, i wonder? i think they consult a really bad geology or history book.
i had a boyfriend who enjoyed coming up with new titles for soaps, such as 'As the World Burns' and 'As the Stomach Turns' and 'The Stupid and the Ridiculous.'
I'd like one called 'The Old and the Cracked.'
nancy

Re: thanks John!!

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 17:37 (074740)

Thanks John! Gonna keep pluggin away...and see what I can do with this! thanks