Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Aaaaaah

Posted by Carole C in NOLA on 2/20/02 at 20:31 (074444)

Ever have one of those wonderful evenings where your feet don't hurt even a little and actually feel totally relaxed just in your new Birks with your toes out in the breeze? AAAAAAAAAAAH

It's *better* than chocolate..... ouch but then i wiggled my toes and my arch started hurting a teeny bit, but at least there was a great moment there LOL

Carole C

Re: Aaaaaah

wendyn on 2/20/02 at 23:03 (074465)

Carole - I remember when I first started having times that were pain free. It almost felt abnormal - but it felt GREAT!

Necee on 2/20/02 at 23:08 (074468)

Is there really such a thing as pain free??? Don't guess I'll ever experience it. I'm happy for you Carole, enjoy and I hope that it last forever!
Happy Trails to you....
Necee

Carole C in NOLA on 2/20/02 at 23:12 (074470)

You will, Necee! Just keep believing and keep trying. Some day I just know that you will.

Carole C

Necee on 2/20/02 at 23:41 (074472)

Thanks Carole......I keep hoping and believing that will happen for everyone here.

Re: New Birks

Valerie S on 2/21/02 at 06:37 (074488)

Carole... It's been so great to hear you talk about how great your feet are feeling!

I have found an excuse to get new Birks myself... and I can't wait! My Arizonas are so old, and I've been wearing Bostons and boots ... I can't wait to get my sandals so I can wiggle my toes too! Thanks for your uplifting post! I'm going to order my new shoes right now, thanks to your inspiration!

May you and your toes have a happy day!

Val.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/02 at 10:23 (074502)

New ones feel so much better, to me..... I love how 'perky' the arch support is! I have been wearing my Arizonas, which are fairly new, and I will be getting new Grenadas probably today, and new Fuldas soon too. As you can tell, I have decided the the universal excuse to get Birks is that they are a medical requirement. :)

Today I overslept; woke up four hours late with a fever, but my feet loved the rest. I'm so glad you decided to get new sandals too! Happy toe wiggling... (grin)

Carole C

Re: Hope you're feeling better, Carole!

Suzanne D on 2/21/02 at 11:52 (074518)

Sorry to hear you woke with a fever. I hope you're feeling better now. Be careful and get rest if you're still feeling rough. I had that bout with the flu a month ago and then the sinus infection followed. I rarely get sick like that, and it really pulled me down.

By the way, at the dr. yesterday, my blood pressure was normal, so the decongestant must have been the culprit as the dr. suspected. Now I can take the aniti-inflammatory med again, and I feel some better today already!

Take care! Hope to hear you're feeling better again soon! :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/02 at 12:07 (074526)

I'm so glad that you can take your anti-inflammatory med again! That's great and might help a lot. Icing helps me when my feet swell, too. I am going to try doing more of it.

I had a flu shot, so I shouldn't get the flu. I do feel a little better, and the fever is probably gone. I am such a big baby when I get sick! All I want to do is..... nothing! I have just been online all morning, and maybe in a little while I will sleep some more.

It's possible that UPS may make a third delivery attempt of my Birkenstock Grenadas today. I should go get blood work done so that I can get more meds tomorrow after my regular rheumatologist appointment.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 2/21/02 at 12:17 (074530)

I'm glad you got the flu shot, Carole. I used to get one at school every year; then last year we were told the vaccine was limited, and I didn't get one. This year I just let it slide by as the family resource center next to our school once again did not offer them. Next year, I will go to the dr. to get a shot!

I hope you get your new shoes! Let us hear about them when you do!

Rest, and feel better soon! My children are returning from music; got to go! :-)

Suzanne

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/02 at 12:33 (074532)

This year, at flu shot time we were especially encouraged to get flu shots at work. I'm glad that I did! It almost seemed too late by the time they were available, because people were already getting the flu.

UPS just delivered my Granadas! They look so pretty; the ones in the store were just black but mine are cocoa nubuck. They smell nice, like new leather too. Ah! They are a size smaller and fit much better than my Arizonas.

YUM

Carole C (wiggling toes happily)

Re: ?

wendyn on 2/21/02 at 12:45 (074533)

Carole - I read your sentance the first time as

'UPS just delivered my Grandmas!' Read the next couple sentances of it and see why I sat here scratching my head...

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/02 at 12:52 (074534)

LOL! Wendy, my Grandmas have both been dead for a long time, but they weren't black or cocoa nubuck either one! They were more like beige or peach. (grin)

Besides, they wouldn't have liked being delivered by UPS. They much preferred ordinary cars. :)

Carole C

Re: PS

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/02 at 12:54 (074535)

PS, both my Grandmas smelled nice too, but not like new leather! More like most usual Grandmas tend to smell. LOL

Carole C

Re: Good, Carole!

Suzanne D on 2/21/02 at 13:35 (074542)

I'm so glad you got your new shoes and that they feel good! That should help you feel better! :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/02 at 14:07 (074544)

Yes, it does! And I have just checked and they mailed my other pair too (the high arch Tatami Fuldas in mocha nubuck). That is great, because I wasn't sure what was up and thought maybe there would be a big delay. The Fuldas are supposed to arrive Monday.

Meanwhile, I'm very happy. These Grenadas look so pretty and feel good. I highly recommend Grenadas because I think they are very cute and actually PRETTY, and mine feel reasonablygood too so they are fun to wear. I am already feeling a little better. I plan to attend a party in Lafayette on Saturday, and Bobbie (who was my steady date for 18 months, though that ended in December) says he may be there too. If he's there, he will see me in my pretty new Grenadas, practically healed, and having a great time.

I have gone from not wanting to even TRY Birkenstocks back in November, to a confirmed 'Birkenstock junkie' in February. Floridas, Amsterdams, Arizonas, Grenadas, and the Fuldas will be my fifth pair! I think I might have more Birkenstocks than anybody on the board in my search for the elusive 'perfect shoe'. LOL

Carole C

Necee on 2/21/02 at 15:17 (074548)

Ok Carole.....now that you've got those new shoes, No dancin'!
:>
Happy Trails to you.......
Necee

wendyn on 2/20/02 at 23:03 (074465)

Carole - I remember when I first started having times that were pain free. It almost felt abnormal - but it felt GREAT!

Necee on 2/20/02 at 23:08 (074468)

Is there really such a thing as pain free??? Don't guess I'll ever experience it. I'm happy for you Carole, enjoy and I hope that it last forever!
Happy Trails to you....
Necee

Carole C in NOLA on 2/20/02 at 23:12 (074470)

You will, Necee! Just keep believing and keep trying. Some day I just know that you will.

Carole C

Necee on 2/20/02 at 23:41 (074472)

Thanks Carole......I keep hoping and believing that will happen for everyone here.

Valerie S on 2/21/02 at 06:37 (074488)

Carole... It's been so great to hear you talk about how great your feet are feeling!

I have found an excuse to get new Birks myself... and I can't wait! My Arizonas are so old, and I've been wearing Bostons and boots ... I can't wait to get my sandals so I can wiggle my toes too! Thanks for your uplifting post! I'm going to order my new shoes right now, thanks to your inspiration!

May you and your toes have a happy day!

Val.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/02 at 10:23 (074502)

New ones feel so much better, to me..... I love how 'perky' the arch support is! I have been wearing my Arizonas, which are fairly new, and I will be getting new Grenadas probably today, and new Fuldas soon too. As you can tell, I have decided the the universal excuse to get Birks is that they are a medical requirement. :)

Today I overslept; woke up four hours late with a fever, but my feet loved the rest. I'm so glad you decided to get new sandals too! Happy toe wiggling... (grin)

Carole C

Suzanne D on 2/21/02 at 11:52 (074518)

Sorry to hear you woke with a fever. I hope you're feeling better now. Be careful and get rest if you're still feeling rough. I had that bout with the flu a month ago and then the sinus infection followed. I rarely get sick like that, and it really pulled me down.

By the way, at the dr. yesterday, my blood pressure was normal, so the decongestant must have been the culprit as the dr. suspected. Now I can take the aniti-inflammatory med again, and I feel some better today already!

Take care! Hope to hear you're feeling better again soon! :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/02 at 12:07 (074526)

I'm so glad that you can take your anti-inflammatory med again! That's great and might help a lot. Icing helps me when my feet swell, too. I am going to try doing more of it.

I had a flu shot, so I shouldn't get the flu. I do feel a little better, and the fever is probably gone. I am such a big baby when I get sick! All I want to do is..... nothing! I have just been online all morning, and maybe in a little while I will sleep some more.

It's possible that UPS may make a third delivery attempt of my Birkenstock Grenadas today. I should go get blood work done so that I can get more meds tomorrow after my regular rheumatologist appointment.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 2/21/02 at 12:17 (074530)

I'm glad you got the flu shot, Carole. I used to get one at school every year; then last year we were told the vaccine was limited, and I didn't get one. This year I just let it slide by as the family resource center next to our school once again did not offer them. Next year, I will go to the dr. to get a shot!

I hope you get your new shoes! Let us hear about them when you do!

Rest, and feel better soon! My children are returning from music; got to go! :-)

Suzanne

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/02 at 12:33 (074532)

This year, at flu shot time we were especially encouraged to get flu shots at work. I'm glad that I did! It almost seemed too late by the time they were available, because people were already getting the flu.

UPS just delivered my Granadas! They look so pretty; the ones in the store were just black but mine are cocoa nubuck. They smell nice, like new leather too. Ah! They are a size smaller and fit much better than my Arizonas.

YUM

Carole C (wiggling toes happily)

wendyn on 2/21/02 at 12:45 (074533)

Carole - I read your sentance the first time as

'UPS just delivered my Grandmas!' Read the next couple sentances of it and see why I sat here scratching my head...

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/02 at 12:52 (074534)

LOL! Wendy, my Grandmas have both been dead for a long time, but they weren't black or cocoa nubuck either one! They were more like beige or peach. (grin)

Besides, they wouldn't have liked being delivered by UPS. They much preferred ordinary cars. :)

Carole C

Re: PS

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/02 at 12:54 (074535)

PS, both my Grandmas smelled nice too, but not like new leather! More like most usual Grandmas tend to smell. LOL

Carole C

Suzanne D on 2/21/02 at 13:35 (074542)

I'm so glad you got your new shoes and that they feel good! That should help you feel better! :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 2/21/02 at 14:07 (074544)

Yes, it does! And I have just checked and they mailed my other pair too (the high arch Tatami Fuldas in mocha nubuck). That is great, because I wasn't sure what was up and thought maybe there would be a big delay. The Fuldas are supposed to arrive Monday.

Meanwhile, I'm very happy. These Grenadas look so pretty and feel good. I highly recommend Grenadas because I think they are very cute and actually PRETTY, and mine feel reasonablygood too so they are fun to wear. I am already feeling a little better. I plan to attend a party in Lafayette on Saturday, and Bobbie (who was my steady date for 18 months, though that ended in December) says he may be there too. If he's there, he will see me in my pretty new Grenadas, practically healed, and having a great time.

I have gone from not wanting to even TRY Birkenstocks back in November, to a confirmed 'Birkenstock junkie' in February. Floridas, Amsterdams, Arizonas, Grenadas, and the Fuldas will be my fifth pair! I think I might have more Birkenstocks than anybody on the board in my search for the elusive 'perfect shoe'. LOL

Carole C

Necee on 2/21/02 at 15:17 (074548)

Ok Carole.....now that you've got those new shoes, No dancin'!
:>
Happy Trails to you.......
Necee