Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Oh Canada

Posted by wendyn on 2/21/02 at 20:52 (074605)

With all due respect to my American friends....

HOW BOUT THOSE WOMEN HOCKEY PLAYERS!?

Re: Oh Canada

John h on 2/21/02 at 21:21 (074616)

I have not seen the sports scores tonight Wendy but your girls must have beat our girls! I thought our ladies team was unbeatable! Wonder how ice skating would be for PF. With ice skates you have an absolutely unbendable sole so your foot is not going to flex?

wendyn on 2/21/02 at 23:10 (074624)

From what I understand, the Americans were undefeated all year. We were 0 and 8 with our games with them.

I also heard that your goalie had a 0.00 goals against average up to tonight(I think just for the Olympics but I'm not sure)

It was a great game. I'm sure it did a lot to raise the profile of women's hockey for both countries.

Richard, C.Ped on 2/22/02 at 05:40 (074650)

I wanted to stay up so bad to watch that game, but I was beat and had to get up early today. Congrats Wendy!

We just recently started hockey down here in South Carolina. I am a huge fan now. Never really liked it before while watching it on tv. (I am not being partial to our team either just because we make skate orthotics for them...lol).
Richard

Re: Skating and PF

Valerie S on 2/22/02 at 06:32 (074654)

When I was in physical therapy, my PT suggested I try rollerblading. He told me that many of his PF patients had used rollerblading for exercise. Unfortunately, I am extremely clumsy on skates... a couple years ago, I fell and busted my wrist, earning me 3 bouts with having it reset before they finally stuck some pins in it to hold it in place. It was quite a long and painful summer, so at the time of my greatest pain with PF, I was a little reluctant to go out trying a new sport like rollerblading. ... hee hee...

Are you thinking of starting a hockey team, John ? Not that I would qualify to skate, but I could ummmm... I know! I could make the uniforms! hee hee...

Congratulations Canada! I did not watch the hockey, but I did stay up to see the final part of the women's figure skating... ! ... incredible the way Sarah Hughes came out of 4th place and won the gold... what a performance! (and we were SO rooting for Michelle Kwan, we love her so much ...)

Val.

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 07:59 (074662)

WHAT??????
Skating and PF???
yikes. I used to be an avid rollerblader sometimes going at midnight and not stopping until 4 or 5 a.m.
If anyone is familar with the University of Tennesee at Knoxville's Neyland Stadium? I used to skate that arena at night....it seats like 95,000 + people or something like that?
I will never put on rollerblades again. They KILLED my feet.

John h on 2/21/02 at 21:21 (074616)

I have not seen the sports scores tonight Wendy but your girls must have beat our girls! I thought our ladies team was unbeatable! Wonder how ice skating would be for PF. With ice skates you have an absolutely unbendable sole so your foot is not going to flex?

wendyn on 2/21/02 at 23:10 (074624)

From what I understand, the Americans were undefeated all year. We were 0 and 8 with our games with them.

I also heard that your goalie had a 0.00 goals against average up to tonight(I think just for the Olympics but I'm not sure)

It was a great game. I'm sure it did a lot to raise the profile of women's hockey for both countries.

Richard, C.Ped on 2/22/02 at 05:40 (074650)

I wanted to stay up so bad to watch that game, but I was beat and had to get up early today. Congrats Wendy!

We just recently started hockey down here in South Carolina. I am a huge fan now. Never really liked it before while watching it on tv. (I am not being partial to our team either just because we make skate orthotics for them...lol).
Richard

Valerie S on 2/22/02 at 06:32 (074654)

When I was in physical therapy, my PT suggested I try rollerblading. He told me that many of his PF patients had used rollerblading for exercise. Unfortunately, I am extremely clumsy on skates... a couple years ago, I fell and busted my wrist, earning me 3 bouts with having it reset before they finally stuck some pins in it to hold it in place. It was quite a long and painful summer, so at the time of my greatest pain with PF, I was a little reluctant to go out trying a new sport like rollerblading. ... hee hee...

Are you thinking of starting a hockey team, John ? Not that I would qualify to skate, but I could ummmm... I know! I could make the uniforms! hee hee...

Congratulations Canada! I did not watch the hockey, but I did stay up to see the final part of the women's figure skating... ! ... incredible the way Sarah Hughes came out of 4th place and won the gold... what a performance! (and we were SO rooting for Michelle Kwan, we love her so much ...)

Val.

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 07:59 (074662)

WHAT??????
Skating and PF???
yikes. I used to be an avid rollerblader sometimes going at midnight and not stopping until 4 or 5 a.m.
If anyone is familar with the University of Tennesee at Knoxville's Neyland Stadium? I used to skate that arena at night....it seats like 95,000 + people or something like that?
I will never put on rollerblades again. They KILLED my feet.