Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dear friends!

Posted by Clara from Sweden on 2/22/02 at 02:51 (074637)

Hello!

THANK you everybody, for your sweet posts! It warmed my heart (and my feet, too!)

I suppose you are sleeping 'over there'. It is 9.50 here in Sweden in the morning. So in America it must be in the middle of the night. Maybe Julie and some others is awake?

And, yes, Wendyn, I did not mean recipes in that way! (It was funny, though) We call it 'recept' in swedish when the doctor write a form to medicines.
And we call 'hoping that you recovers'
like 'hold your thumbs', and it can stand for 'good luck' and 'thinking of you', and so on.

And to Julie, I will never, ever forget you all! Even if I have not post for a while, I´ve been looking in now and then. But of course, now when I´m here at home all the time, I´ve got time 'talking to you' more.

Brian - I have been thinking of changing job. But I love it!! '´(I sob) And it took me several years to take my library-exam. 4 years!! And it cost me a lot of money too. Perhaps I can work from home more, and not go around that much on that hard floor.

I have talked to the personnel manager about it, and now when the library will be rebuild, they maybe should think about putting softer rugs on the floor. It sure would be good for the staff. (Did I tell you that I have reported it? I´m feeling rather proud that I dared to do that!) But now when I know that many people on my work´s also having problems whith pain in the feet, knees and so on, I know that I did the right thing.

Thanks again folks I´m glad I have you 'around' !

Hugs from
/clara

PS I´ve got something to tell you (to you all) :

'Last night I send an angel to watch over you, but it came back early, and I asked why? It said, angels cannot watch over angels, so you can sleep well!'

DS

Re: Dear friends!

Julie on 2/22/02 at 03:35 (074644)

Hi Clara, I'm awake, and it's 9.30 here (I guess we're an hour behind you?)

I know you don't forget us. I only meant it'd be nice to see you around more. But I know you're busy with work and family.

I never realized that your library has a concrete floor. That, plus the weight of books (which puts more strain on your fascias) is too bad. I agree with Brian that maybe it's time to find a new job, and am glad you're thinking about it.

It's great that you reported the problems with the floor (I'm not surprised people's knees hurt!_ On a practical note, though, I'm not sure rugs would make much difference. A thick, cushiony underlay under the carpet would beneeded as well.

The Yoga Therapy Centre, where I teach, is about to move to new premises with a concrete floor (bad news for yoga, of course) and they've decided to cover it with a wood floor. Apparently there are lots of materials around now that have good impact-absorbing qualities. Maybe that's the answer for your library, as long as they're rebuilding?

Love to you. Clara - thanks for sending the angel. Have a good day.

Julie

Clara from Sweden on 2/22/02 at 05:39 (074649)

Hi! Yes I think you are one hour 'behind'. Nice to 'hear your voice'!! :)
Thanks Julie, you are an angel! One of! Well, they haven´t started the re-building of the library yet. But I will take that in my reminder when we will 'get it up do discussion' again. It may take a while before all bosses understand how important the floor´s underlay is.

I can´t do yoga right now, but I have your Office yoga in mind every day. i do some of the practises once or twice a day at my desk. And the breathing has really helped me thru many difficult times.

I do some Qi-Gong too, I love it! But then I must stand up and that is no good right now.

Hugs to you Julie
//Clara

PS Do you know who Jeffrey Jones is? I have met him a couple of times. He is a teacher in England, and learns how to control the 'inner-sense' if you understand what I mean. I just wondering if you know who he is, he is a lovely person, and I have learned a lot from him. DS

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 07:50 (074660)

I love that about the angels!

Clara do you use a cart to roll the books around instead of carrying them?
Maybe I missed a post somewhere and you are already doing that but I was just thinking of you.

john h on 2/22/02 at 12:27 (074690)

You are a 'sweetee' Clara! Go get well!

Clara from Sweden on 2/22/02 at 12:37 (074694)

Hello Carmen H!
Yes I do almost every day use a cart.But it´s rather heavy anyway.. and I have to walk very very much on that floor.

But not right now at the moment!

Take care!

Clara

Clara from Sweden on 2/22/02 at 12:39 (074696)

Thanks John H!

I think I needed to hear that! Same to you!

//Clara

Julie on 2/22/02 at 14:22 (074701)

Hi Clara

No, I haven't come across Jeffrey Jones. What is he a teacher of? And what does he mean by 'controlling the inner-sense'? I'd like to know more about him, so please tell me.

Glad Office Yoga is still being helpful to you. Yes, when you can't stand, it's surely useful to have a battery of things you can do sitting in a chair. That was the idea of the book - though when I wrote it I hadn't heard of PF.

Maybe there are Qi Gong exercises you can do sitting? I would have thought that with a little adaptation, you could...

It's a couple of days since you posted about your setback. Are you feeling any better yet? I hope so.

Love to you from across the North Sea

Julie

clara on 2/24/02 at 07:35 (074904)

Hi Julie! Sorry it took so long before I answered your question. Jeff is a medium and he lives in England. He has a centre in England and in Sweden, too. I have been on two seminars, witch he is leading. We learn for example about the auric field, learn about our spirits and healing, too. I think this seminars has learn me a lot about my self. I don´t want to be a 'medium' or something like that, I just need to know more about the spririt world, how it works and so on. I have always believed in this, and that God always is with us.

I hope you understand what I mean. I am going to more seminars, two this year I guess. Maybe in a wheelchair the next time.... But I will go there anyway.

I must tell you about one big thing that happened to me on the first seminar. Jeff asked me 'Why do you not let people know you? Why do you not let people in?' And.. that, Julie, was like a big stone rolled out of my inner sense, and I started to cry like I never had cryed before. And after that, Jeff put me in a chair in the middle of a circle, and the seminarstudents (about 12) sat around me. Every wone of them told me 3 words about what they liked/disliked about me. And I thought 'oh no, they will only say horrible things! That I am a horrific person and stuff like that') but THE DID´NT. And that, was a great lesson to me. They only said the most beautiful things about me.... 'Oh no, I yelled, after only three of them had finished, I cant bare this!!' That was a fantastic day of my life.
Thanks for listening!

Take care
//Clara

Julie on 2/22/02 at 03:35 (074644)

Hi Clara, I'm awake, and it's 9.30 here (I guess we're an hour behind you?)

I know you don't forget us. I only meant it'd be nice to see you around more. But I know you're busy with work and family.

I never realized that your library has a concrete floor. That, plus the weight of books (which puts more strain on your fascias) is too bad. I agree with Brian that maybe it's time to find a new job, and am glad you're thinking about it.

It's great that you reported the problems with the floor (I'm not surprised people's knees hurt!_ On a practical note, though, I'm not sure rugs would make much difference. A thick, cushiony underlay under the carpet would beneeded as well.

The Yoga Therapy Centre, where I teach, is about to move to new premises with a concrete floor (bad news for yoga, of course) and they've decided to cover it with a wood floor. Apparently there are lots of materials around now that have good impact-absorbing qualities. Maybe that's the answer for your library, as long as they're rebuilding?

Love to you. Clara - thanks for sending the angel. Have a good day.

Julie

Clara from Sweden on 2/22/02 at 05:39 (074649)

Hi! Yes I think you are one hour 'behind'. Nice to 'hear your voice'!! :)
Thanks Julie, you are an angel! One of! Well, they haven´t started the re-building of the library yet. But I will take that in my reminder when we will 'get it up do discussion' again. It may take a while before all bosses understand how important the floor´s underlay is.

I can´t do yoga right now, but I have your Office yoga in mind every day. i do some of the practises once or twice a day at my desk. And the breathing has really helped me thru many difficult times.

I do some Qi-Gong too, I love it! But then I must stand up and that is no good right now.

Hugs to you Julie
//Clara

PS Do you know who Jeffrey Jones is? I have met him a couple of times. He is a teacher in England, and learns how to control the 'inner-sense' if you understand what I mean. I just wondering if you know who he is, he is a lovely person, and I have learned a lot from him. DS

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 07:50 (074660)

I love that about the angels!

Clara do you use a cart to roll the books around instead of carrying them?
Maybe I missed a post somewhere and you are already doing that but I was just thinking of you.

john h on 2/22/02 at 12:27 (074690)

You are a 'sweetee' Clara! Go get well!

Clara from Sweden on 2/22/02 at 12:37 (074694)

Hello Carmen H!
Yes I do almost every day use a cart.But it´s rather heavy anyway.. and I have to walk very very much on that floor.

But not right now at the moment!

Take care!

Clara

Clara from Sweden on 2/22/02 at 12:39 (074696)

Thanks John H!

I think I needed to hear that! Same to you!

//Clara

Julie on 2/22/02 at 14:22 (074701)

Hi Clara

No, I haven't come across Jeffrey Jones. What is he a teacher of? And what does he mean by 'controlling the inner-sense'? I'd like to know more about him, so please tell me.

Glad Office Yoga is still being helpful to you. Yes, when you can't stand, it's surely useful to have a battery of things you can do sitting in a chair. That was the idea of the book - though when I wrote it I hadn't heard of PF.

Maybe there are Qi Gong exercises you can do sitting? I would have thought that with a little adaptation, you could...

It's a couple of days since you posted about your setback. Are you feeling any better yet? I hope so.

Love to you from across the North Sea

Julie

clara on 2/24/02 at 07:35 (074904)

Hi Julie! Sorry it took so long before I answered your question. Jeff is a medium and he lives in England. He has a centre in England and in Sweden, too. I have been on two seminars, witch he is leading. We learn for example about the auric field, learn about our spirits and healing, too. I think this seminars has learn me a lot about my self. I don´t want to be a 'medium' or something like that, I just need to know more about the spririt world, how it works and so on. I have always believed in this, and that God always is with us.

I hope you understand what I mean. I am going to more seminars, two this year I guess. Maybe in a wheelchair the next time.... But I will go there anyway.

I must tell you about one big thing that happened to me on the first seminar. Jeff asked me 'Why do you not let people know you? Why do you not let people in?' And.. that, Julie, was like a big stone rolled out of my inner sense, and I started to cry like I never had cryed before. And after that, Jeff put me in a chair in the middle of a circle, and the seminarstudents (about 12) sat around me. Every wone of them told me 3 words about what they liked/disliked about me. And I thought 'oh no, they will only say horrible things! That I am a horrific person and stuff like that') but THE DID´NT. And that, was a great lesson to me. They only said the most beautiful things about me.... 'Oh no, I yelled, after only three of them had finished, I cant bare this!!' That was a fantastic day of my life.
Thanks for listening!

Take care
//Clara