Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Inflamed bursa

Posted by Linda C on 2/22/02 at 07:40 (074658)

My pod gave me a diagnosis of an inflamed bursa on the bottom inside edge of my right heel. It is very painful. I've been suffering with this problem for probably a year now. Prior to that I had PF in the same foot. The PF has eased, but now have this problem. Has anyone else had this diagnosis and would ESWT be an appropriate treatment? I've had 2 steroid shots in that area which helped tremendously but the pain eventually returned.

Re: Inflamed bursa

Carole C in NOLA on 2/24/02 at 07:38 (074905)

My doctor said I had inflamed bursa in my feet when he diagnosed me with PF. The way he explained it was that several things seem to happen at once in a lot of people, like a sort of syndrome. PF, bursitis, and tendonitis are some of the things he mentioned that I have (and he said there was more but I didn't ask; that was enough for one day!).

I have no idea about ESWT. My PF and associated problems have improved through conservative treatments pretty much as outlined in the heel pain book on this site. For me that especially includes rest, very gentle stretching, icing, anti-inflammatories, and never taking a single step without my custom orthotics or Birkenstocks on. The custom orthotics have helped me quite a lot, though they don't work for everyone.

Good luck and I hope your pain ends soon. There is an ESWT message board on this site which might prove interesting to you, if you haven't already noticed it.

Carole C

Re: Inflamed bursa

Carole C in NOLA on 2/24/02 at 07:38 (074905)

My doctor said I had inflamed bursa in my feet when he diagnosed me with PF. The way he explained it was that several things seem to happen at once in a lot of people, like a sort of syndrome. PF, bursitis, and tendonitis are some of the things he mentioned that I have (and he said there was more but I didn't ask; that was enough for one day!).

I have no idea about ESWT. My PF and associated problems have improved through conservative treatments pretty much as outlined in the heel pain book on this site. For me that especially includes rest, very gentle stretching, icing, anti-inflammatories, and never taking a single step without my custom orthotics or Birkenstocks on. The custom orthotics have helped me quite a lot, though they don't work for everyone.

Good luck and I hope your pain ends soon. There is an ESWT message board on this site which might prove interesting to you, if you haven't already noticed it.

Carole C