Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Wendy

Posted by Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 07:48 (074659)

I truly hope you feel better today. It's good to know you KNOW to take care of yourself first (that measn you coming beofre this board and that's important) and we understand.
Get better quick!!!

Re: Carmen/Julie/Laurie

wendyn on 2/22/02 at 22:29 (074771)

I know I saw a couple posts to respond to, but I'm not sure where they are now.

Thanks Carmen - today was a better day.

My feet are better today, relative to yesterday - for the most part, just one of those bad weeks I guess. I went to the zoo on Monday - and although something like that is never easy for me - I usually manage better than I did that day. But, I was having pain in the morning before I went. I probably should not have gone. I went anyway. It was a nice day.

The gorillas were displaying some awfully gross behaviour. I will not share it with you - in case someone is eating.

Laurie, I haven't had spinal injections - I guess because I don't have the acute pain that I used to have. From what I understand, the color and temperature changes I get are the reason they believe I have RSD - so the two must connect.

I am due for a check up, I think I will ask my GP for a referral to someone who treats RSD. I don't see anyone for treatment at all anymore, and I suppose it would be good to at least have a chat with someone about what this means for me in the long run.

From what I understand, it's the type of thing that can go into remission - and then it can flare up again. I'm guessing that is where I'm at? Since I don't really know, I guess it would be best to talk to someone.

I just got to the point where I figured if the doctors weren't going to help me anyway - I didn't have any more time or energy to spend wasting on them or my feet!

I think I get the lumps in my shins just from some type of tendonitis....when I asked my ortho what they were....he said...

now wait for it....

'I don't know'

Re: Carmen/Julie/Laurie

wendyn on 2/22/02 at 22:29 (074771)

I know I saw a couple posts to respond to, but I'm not sure where they are now.

Thanks Carmen - today was a better day.

My feet are better today, relative to yesterday - for the most part, just one of those bad weeks I guess. I went to the zoo on Monday - and although something like that is never easy for me - I usually manage better than I did that day. But, I was having pain in the morning before I went. I probably should not have gone. I went anyway. It was a nice day.

The gorillas were displaying some awfully gross behaviour. I will not share it with you - in case someone is eating.

Laurie, I haven't had spinal injections - I guess because I don't have the acute pain that I used to have. From what I understand, the color and temperature changes I get are the reason they believe I have RSD - so the two must connect.

I am due for a check up, I think I will ask my GP for a referral to someone who treats RSD. I don't see anyone for treatment at all anymore, and I suppose it would be good to at least have a chat with someone about what this means for me in the long run.

From what I understand, it's the type of thing that can go into remission - and then it can flare up again. I'm guessing that is where I'm at? Since I don't really know, I guess it would be best to talk to someone.

I just got to the point where I figured if the doctors weren't going to help me anyway - I didn't have any more time or energy to spend wasting on them or my feet!

I think I get the lumps in my shins just from some type of tendonitis....when I asked my ortho what they were....he said...

now wait for it....

'I don't know'