Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Walking on Concrete

Posted by Francis G on 2/22/02 at 16:07 (074728)

Thanks for your replies on this subject I recieved the answer that I should avoid walking on concrete I wonder if other people have been in this situation were they can walk on grass , or carpet or wood floor and they are ok but concrete is really an aggrivation. Should I try and get used to walking on the concrete or should I really avoid it as much as possible. It is very difficult to avoid it altogether. I am puzzled as to why it makes such a difference. I am walking very slowly and not pounding the floor as I walk. Can shoes be fitted with somethng on the outside of the shoe on the sole to help cushiion the shoe. I have tried all kinds of inserts and foam pads but my feet confoem well to my shoes that I am wearing.

emailfrgosnell Thanks.

Re: Walking on Concrete

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 16:35 (074733)

Avoid it. My opinion. But you'll probably hear that more than anything.
Get orthotics if you can.

clara on 2/23/02 at 04:30 (074783)

Hello! I agree. Avoid it as much as you can. I wrote earlier this week about my job as a librarian and the floor is hard, like concrete. Now I have reported it. What are you workinh with?

//Clara

Jane on 2/23/02 at 12:15 (074816)

I can't even wallk on carpet if I don't have my shoes with orthodics on...literally...If I get up from the couch without my shoes I can't bear the pain in my heals....but the minute I put my orthoditics on its like a different foot...literally...yes it still hurts but it is much more bearable...almost unbelievable in the difference. so yes avoid concrete.

Anthony P on 2/24/02 at 21:22 (074956)

Francis, I can relate I worked on concrete for many years , Many companys sell anti fatique rubber mats . They act as a
Shock absorber , they are used in factorys and shops for workers who must work on concrete for long hours.
So this may be somt hing to try . Anthony P

Carmen H on 2/22/02 at 16:35 (074733)

Avoid it. My opinion. But you'll probably hear that more than anything.
Get orthotics if you can.

clara on 2/23/02 at 04:30 (074783)

Hello! I agree. Avoid it as much as you can. I wrote earlier this week about my job as a librarian and the floor is hard, like concrete. Now I have reported it. What are you workinh with?

//Clara

Jane on 2/23/02 at 12:15 (074816)

I can't even wallk on carpet if I don't have my shoes with orthodics on...literally...If I get up from the couch without my shoes I can't bear the pain in my heals....but the minute I put my orthoditics on its like a different foot...literally...yes it still hurts but it is much more bearable...almost unbelievable in the difference. so yes avoid concrete.

Anthony P on 2/24/02 at 21:22 (074956)

Francis, I can relate I worked on concrete for many years , Many companys sell anti fatique rubber mats . They act as a
Shock absorber , they are used in factorys and shops for workers who must work on concrete for long hours.
So this may be somt hing to try . Anthony P