Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel and PlanterFascia- I have hit the wall !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Tracey A. on 2/22/02 at 23:35 (074776)

Hello,

Just alittle update on me and my foot woes since last June and 3 surgeries. I saw my doctor today and found out the results of a nerve test. I still have major nerve damage since the surgery for tarsal tunnel in Nov. the surgery failed. No more surgery it will not help. I have hit the wall, now I must adjust my life and learn to live with the pain. I am very upset it didn't work but he was upfront and said it may work, it may stay the same or get worse. I knew what I was getting into with this surgery. I will now try to find an attorney to go after the first two doctors. They screwed up my foot. The pain gets pretty intense at times, makes it hard to sleep. I thank all that have given me advice and input.
I want to give some back to all that's here and all that may come soon.

DON'T HAVE FOOT SURGERY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tracey A.

Re: Tarsal Tunnel and PlanterFascia- I have hit the wall !!!!!!!!!!

Laurie R on 2/23/02 at 01:00 (074779)

Dear Tracey , I am so very sorry , wow three surgeries . I wish I had something I could say to you . I am at a lost of words . If you ever want to talk or vent please feel free to email me anytime , I will listen ...
Laurie R

(email removed)

BrianG on 2/23/02 at 10:23 (074804)

Hi Tracey A,

I know you said that now you must adjust and live with the pain. Have you thought about daily, long acting pain meds? They can make life tollerable again, and at the very least allow you to sleep throughout the night. This is a good site to check out: http://www.pain.com
I can also point you towards other sites that may be of help. You do not need to suffer, and you will not be 'weak' by taking pain meds. I wish you well.

BrianG

Tracey A. on 2/23/02 at 15:34 (074851)

Laurie and Brian,

Thanks so much for your words and info. I will check into that web site Brian. I love the people here and I thank god that I am not alone and crazy(which I feel at times). I wish health to all on this site and hope that no one has to go through this type of pain and problems alone.

I wish you Laurie and Brian good health!!!!!!!

Tracey A

Re: Pain clinics, some are a godsend !

BrianG on 2/23/02 at 21:35 (074881)

Hi Tracey,

When you check out http://www.pain.com scroll to near the bottom. There is a section of pain clinics listed. It will get you started, and some of the site's articles will expalin what can be expected. The pain clinics employ many types of treatment, some of which I wouldn't waste a dime on. Like anything, it's best to read, and familiarize yourself with what is available. I'll be around if you have any questions, or would like more web sites. Good luck.

BrianG

PS Pain relief could be as close as your GP, but you'll have to be prepared, it's not something most doctors are eager begn.

Re: Tracey You are not alone

Tammie on 2/24/02 at 16:35 (074943)

Understand totaly what you are saying. It is good to be among others who understand! What is your next step? What is your currant Dr. suggesting for you? I do hope that you know that you never have to be alone in the pain and frustration of finding your answers! I do hope that you stay here among friends that understand what you are expierancing. Lots of good advice to ! Take care and really hope that you find your answers.

Laurie R on 2/23/02 at 01:00 (074779)

Dear Tracey , I am so very sorry , wow three surgeries . I wish I had something I could say to you . I am at a lost of words . If you ever want to talk or vent please feel free to email me anytime , I will listen ...
Laurie R

(email removed)

BrianG on 2/23/02 at 10:23 (074804)

Hi Tracey A,

I know you said that now you must adjust and live with the pain. Have you thought about daily, long acting pain meds? They can make life tollerable again, and at the very least allow you to sleep throughout the night. This is a good site to check out: http://www.pain.com
I can also point you towards other sites that may be of help. You do not need to suffer, and you will not be 'weak' by taking pain meds. I wish you well.

BrianG

Tracey A. on 2/23/02 at 15:34 (074851)

Laurie and Brian,

Thanks so much for your words and info. I will check into that web site Brian. I love the people here and I thank god that I am not alone and crazy(which I feel at times). I wish health to all on this site and hope that no one has to go through this type of pain and problems alone.

I wish you Laurie and Brian good health!!!!!!!

Tracey A

Re: Pain clinics, some are a godsend !

BrianG on 2/23/02 at 21:35 (074881)

Hi Tracey,

When you check out http://www.pain.com scroll to near the bottom. There is a section of pain clinics listed. It will get you started, and some of the site's articles will expalin what can be expected. The pain clinics employ many types of treatment, some of which I wouldn't waste a dime on. Like anything, it's best to read, and familiarize yourself with what is available. I'll be around if you have any questions, or would like more web sites. Good luck.

BrianG

PS Pain relief could be as close as your GP, but you'll have to be prepared, it's not something most doctors are eager begn.

Re: Tracey You are not alone

Tammie on 2/24/02 at 16:35 (074943)

Understand totaly what you are saying. It is good to be among others who understand! What is your next step? What is your currant Dr. suggesting for you? I do hope that you know that you never have to be alone in the pain and frustration of finding your answers! I do hope that you stay here among friends that understand what you are expierancing. Lots of good advice to ! Take care and really hope that you find your answers.