Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

severe heel pain

Posted by john on 2/23/02 at 14:06 (074828)

i am so pissed off
its the 21st century
we can put a man on the moon,perform heart transplants?
yet we cant seem to be able to solve the heel pain
mines so bad now,its affecting my sex life
yes folks its hard to be hard with a bitching heel pain
i am open to any suggestions. no wackos or any sick ideas
tell me how can i overcome this

Re: Seriously?

wendyn on 2/23/02 at 14:15 (074830)

If you are serious, I highly recommend a nice glass of Merlot - a soothing bath....and don't do it standing up.

;)

Pam B on 2/23/02 at 17:18 (074856)

Reverse roles and let her take the lead till you feel better.......kinda lay back and enjoy the ride......and the merlot cant hurt.......just be careful with narcotics cause they kill the mood........

Good luck to you and trust me when I tell you I know how you feel.....

Re: severe heel pain

John h on 2/23/02 at 18:08 (074858)

john we have not solved the common cold as yet. 'sex life and heel pain' please explain in more detail John?

John h on 2/23/02 at 18:10 (074859)

Thank you Dr. Ruth!

Re: Your Welcome John - anytime....eom

wendyn on 2/23/02 at 18:38 (074863)

eom

Re: Pam

wendyn on 2/23/02 at 18:41 (074865)

Pam - good catch on the narcotics...not something I'd considered...but I understand they can cause all kinds of unwanted side effects.

Re: Ice, footstool, and good music

Valerie S on 2/23/02 at 19:01 (074867)

Depending where you live, ice can be good... not only for your feet... find a creative lover and put your feet up.

And the Merlot will help keep you warm...

Seriously... find a way to alleviate the pain in your feet, relax, and go for it... Just don't try to do anything with night splints on... they tend to get in the way...

I think the key is to relax though. Sorry to hear you're in so much pain John. The sudden leg cramps can be a bear, too...

Good luck.

Val.

monte on 2/23/02 at 19:37 (074870)

P.S. Night splints do not get in the way. As mentioned...just need some creativity. Try to find a time of day when you are at your lowest level of pain. If you are at your worst level at night when you are going to bed, then the mood will definitely be diminished. You may be physically and mentally exhausted. If you are best when you wake up in the morning before you step out of bed, then that may be the time to go for the gold.

Re: Hmmmm

wendyn on 2/23/02 at 20:00 (074875)

My husband always suggested that it was a way to keep my feet elavated.

Hmmm...

Men.

Pam B on 2/23/02 at 21:12 (074880)

Never thought of it that way :) hmmmmmm.......I like that way of thinking :)

BG CPed on 2/24/02 at 09:19 (074909)

Wendy I thought you Canadians just rubbed noses cause its so cold up there? How much do you have riding on the gold medal hockey game today? I would like my winnings in US funds please.

Re: THE BIG GAME

wendyn on 2/24/02 at 09:23 (074911)

I am not a much of a betting person, so no $....but I am excited about it.

My husband is a HUGE hockey fan, but he's driving back from BC today and may miss most of the game - he's not a happy guy.

My son is going to a birthday party at a big indoor playground this afternoon, so some of the other moms and I will be looking for a lounge or somewhere to catch the last two periods.

Should be a good game! I think it will be like a ghost town around here.

(Nice shot on the rubbing noses, I haven't come up with a good response!)

wendyn on 2/23/02 at 14:15 (074830)

If you are serious, I highly recommend a nice glass of Merlot - a soothing bath....and don't do it standing up.

;)

Pam B on 2/23/02 at 17:18 (074856)

Reverse roles and let her take the lead till you feel better.......kinda lay back and enjoy the ride......and the merlot cant hurt.......just be careful with narcotics cause they kill the mood........

Good luck to you and trust me when I tell you I know how you feel.....

Re: severe heel pain

John h on 2/23/02 at 18:08 (074858)

john we have not solved the common cold as yet. 'sex life and heel pain' please explain in more detail John?

John h on 2/23/02 at 18:10 (074859)

Thank you Dr. Ruth!

Re: Your Welcome John - anytime....eom

wendyn on 2/23/02 at 18:38 (074863)

eom

Re: Pam

wendyn on 2/23/02 at 18:41 (074865)

Pam - good catch on the narcotics...not something I'd considered...but I understand they can cause all kinds of unwanted side effects.

Valerie S on 2/23/02 at 19:01 (074867)

Depending where you live, ice can be good... not only for your feet... find a creative lover and put your feet up.

And the Merlot will help keep you warm...

Seriously... find a way to alleviate the pain in your feet, relax, and go for it... Just don't try to do anything with night splints on... they tend to get in the way...

I think the key is to relax though. Sorry to hear you're in so much pain John. The sudden leg cramps can be a bear, too...

Good luck.

Val.

monte on 2/23/02 at 19:37 (074870)

P.S. Night splints do not get in the way. As mentioned...just need some creativity. Try to find a time of day when you are at your lowest level of pain. If you are at your worst level at night when you are going to bed, then the mood will definitely be diminished. You may be physically and mentally exhausted. If you are best when you wake up in the morning before you step out of bed, then that may be the time to go for the gold.

wendyn on 2/23/02 at 20:00 (074875)

My husband always suggested that it was a way to keep my feet elavated.

Hmmm...

Men.

Pam B on 2/23/02 at 21:12 (074880)

Never thought of it that way :) hmmmmmm.......I like that way of thinking :)

BG CPed on 2/24/02 at 09:19 (074909)

Wendy I thought you Canadians just rubbed noses cause its so cold up there? How much do you have riding on the gold medal hockey game today? I would like my winnings in US funds please.

Re: THE BIG GAME

wendyn on 2/24/02 at 09:23 (074911)

I am not a much of a betting person, so no $....but I am excited about it.

My husband is a HUGE hockey fan, but he's driving back from BC today and may miss most of the game - he's not a happy guy.

My son is going to a birthday party at a big indoor playground this afternoon, so some of the other moms and I will be looking for a lounge or somewhere to catch the last two periods.

Should be a good game! I think it will be like a ghost town around here.

(Nice shot on the rubbing noses, I haven't come up with a good response!)