Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

thanks girls

Posted by john on 2/24/02 at 14:20 (074930)

thanks for the input
whats merlot?? is it wine?
might try guinness
we got plenty of that stuff here

Re: thanks girls

Julie on 2/24/02 at 14:39 (074933)

It's a variety of grape, John - from which some good wines are made.

Where are you that you have plenty of Guinness?

Pam B on 2/24/02 at 15:59 (074941)

Merlot is good stuff although I seem to be the only one in my circle that cares for it......everyone else says it puts them to mind of vinegar......but thats ok with me, I just get more of it :)

Julie on 2/25/02 at 02:58 (074967)

Perhaps they just don't like dry wines - or perhaps they've had only inferior Merlots.

Pam B on 2/25/02 at 06:11 (074971)

like I said, it is ok with me cause then I dont have to share :) just kidding, and you are right, if you dont like dry you surely wont like Merlot.....it is kinda funny though cause I also like sweet wines and most people that like sweet are never able to develop a taste for merlot.......and you do have to aquire the taste......it is not one of those first time I tried it I liked it wines.......and you are right with point two also........it has to be good stuff or it sucks

Re: Enjoy, Pam! eom

Julie on 2/25/02 at 06:14 (074972)

john h on 2/25/02 at 09:40 (074986)

You snobby people probably do not like anything with a screw off cap like Mogen David. I lived in an Italian community where all my buddies familes made their own wine which the called Dago Red. You did not have to be 18 to go into their cellers and help yourself. They did have corks.

Pam B on 2/25/02 at 10:19 (074989)

Hey, there is not a snobby bone in my body..........and I do drink wine without corks in the bottle.........I have also gotten plenty screwed up drinking Dago Red too MR......along with.....Boones Farm......MD2020.......Thunderbird etc......of course I had the headache that goes with them too........:) however, my preference is either Merlot or Asti Spumate.........I am your typical champagne taste with a beer pocketbook kinda girl :)you know you dont always get what you want or like :) not in this lifetime anyway.......LOL

Carole C in NOLA on 2/25/02 at 11:50 (074997)

Ick, Mogen David, John? You might as well drink cough syrup. Now from the description of merlot in this thread, I'm becoming intrigued. I don't normally drink, but might consider a glass of merlot if I come across it.

Carole C

john h on 2/25/02 at 12:05 (075003)

Carole: actually Merlot is my wine of choice followed by Berringer white zinfidel. An occasional Beefeater dry martini (stirred not shaken)is a worthy beverage.

john h on 2/25/02 at 12:10 (075004)

Pam B if you drink Thunderbird then you are the woman! I have also had a taste of White Lightening in south Georgia. I had heard that it burns very clear. I put some in a plate and tried to set it afire. No luck. I picked up the plate to throw it away and burned the %67^%&&& out of myself. Yes it does burn very clear. At one time you could have it delivered to your front porch like milk in our little town. I assume it is 180 proof.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/25/02 at 12:13 (075005)

Berringer white zinfandel was one of my favorite wines when I was younger. Sounds like I might like merlot.

I noticed a shoe in the color 'Merlot' yesterday, online.

Carole C

Re: Merlot shoes

rich on 2/26/02 at 21:23 (075140)

Carole...just how many pairs of shoes do you own? LOL

I'm still under orders to wear only my NB athletics...and with a closet full of pretty shoes I may never wear again.

Fellow Shoe Horse

rich on 2/26/02 at 21:25 (075141)

John, we brought back some really fine tequila from Mexico. Hubby keeps it in the freezer. Says it goes down real smooooooth. One smell and I'm afraid to try the stuff. Whew! Probably extremely flameable!!

Re: a.k.a. Imelda Marcos ? Maybe should found "Shoes Anonymous"? LOL

Carole C in NOLA on 2/26/02 at 21:40 (075142)

I used to have only one pair of shoes. Then I got PF.

In the five months since I got PF, I've bought Easy Spirits and Nikes (don't try either of those!), SAS, five pairs of Birkenstocks, and shower shoes. That makes 9 pairs of shoes in five months, an average of a new pair every two weeks.

The search for the perfect shoe, or 'How I Became Imelda Marcos'. Today I got my Birkenstock Tatami Fuldas, and they feel so good! Maybe they will be 'the shoe'. I always say that. LOL Of course, they are sandals and tonight the temperature is supposed to go down to the mid-20's, as you know since you live just 'down the road a piece'. Oh well.

The hilarious part is that I used to tease my daughter and call her Imelda, because she loves shoes for the fashion aspects. As for me, I just want to stop hurting and look presentable. LOL

I do think I want to try NB. Probably the NB 1121, but I will have to try them on first. Danskos may come right after that.

Oh well, at least I'm not addicted to drugs or alcohol. Just shoes. LOL

Carole C

Re: Okay Imelda!

rich on 2/26/02 at 21:55 (075144)

No addictions here either, but I have to say this PF could turn a person to drinking! Maybe Marguerita's!

Today was my Dad's 60th birthday and I took him out for lunch...dressed up nice, actually wore make-up, then reached over...and pulled on my tennis shoes!

My six year old could give Imelda a run for her money...already loves shoes and picks just the right styles...for her not my pocketbook!

Girls! What can you do?

Carole C in NOLA on 2/27/02 at 19:45 (075225)

Bet you thought I was kidding about the Merlot shoes... Try this link! :)

http://store.birkenstockbeach.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=590&lastcatid=7&step=4

Carole C

Re: oops

Carole C in NOLA on 2/27/02 at 19:51 (075226)

well, you have to take the space out before birkenstock in the URL, to make it work. I'm not sure how it got there because I just copied and pasted. That's what you have to do too, rather than just click..... copy, paste, then remove that one space. Sorry.

Carole C

Re: Birks

wendyn on 2/27/02 at 23:32 (075240)

Cook Birks...just for the record, I looked at their custom Birks link...my custom birks were casted by a pod - non weight bearing with plaster strips...their link reflects do-it-yourself foam box.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/28/02 at 00:03 (075243)

Well now that's a dream shoe... Merlot Floridas with a custom footbed. Don't wake me up, I'm not going to buy them (at least not yet) but what a nice dream. :)

Carole C

Julie on 2/24/02 at 14:39 (074933)

It's a variety of grape, John - from which some good wines are made.

Where are you that you have plenty of Guinness?

Pam B on 2/24/02 at 15:59 (074941)

Merlot is good stuff although I seem to be the only one in my circle that cares for it......everyone else says it puts them to mind of vinegar......but thats ok with me, I just get more of it :)

Julie on 2/25/02 at 02:58 (074967)

Perhaps they just don't like dry wines - or perhaps they've had only inferior Merlots.

Pam B on 2/25/02 at 06:11 (074971)

like I said, it is ok with me cause then I dont have to share :) just kidding, and you are right, if you dont like dry you surely wont like Merlot.....it is kinda funny though cause I also like sweet wines and most people that like sweet are never able to develop a taste for merlot.......and you do have to aquire the taste......it is not one of those first time I tried it I liked it wines.......and you are right with point two also........it has to be good stuff or it sucks

Re: Enjoy, Pam! eom

Julie on 2/25/02 at 06:14 (074972)

john h on 2/25/02 at 09:40 (074986)

You snobby people probably do not like anything with a screw off cap like Mogen David. I lived in an Italian community where all my buddies familes made their own wine which the called Dago Red. You did not have to be 18 to go into their cellers and help yourself. They did have corks.

Pam B on 2/25/02 at 10:19 (074989)

Hey, there is not a snobby bone in my body..........and I do drink wine without corks in the bottle.........I have also gotten plenty screwed up drinking Dago Red too MR......along with.....Boones Farm......MD2020.......Thunderbird etc......of course I had the headache that goes with them too........:) however, my preference is either Merlot or Asti Spumate.........I am your typical champagne taste with a beer pocketbook kinda girl :)you know you dont always get what you want or like :) not in this lifetime anyway.......LOL

Carole C in NOLA on 2/25/02 at 11:50 (074997)

Ick, Mogen David, John? You might as well drink cough syrup. Now from the description of merlot in this thread, I'm becoming intrigued. I don't normally drink, but might consider a glass of merlot if I come across it.

Carole C

john h on 2/25/02 at 12:05 (075003)

Carole: actually Merlot is my wine of choice followed by Berringer white zinfidel. An occasional Beefeater dry martini (stirred not shaken)is a worthy beverage.

john h on 2/25/02 at 12:10 (075004)

Pam B if you drink Thunderbird then you are the woman! I have also had a taste of White Lightening in south Georgia. I had heard that it burns very clear. I put some in a plate and tried to set it afire. No luck. I picked up the plate to throw it away and burned the %67^%&&& out of myself. Yes it does burn very clear. At one time you could have it delivered to your front porch like milk in our little town. I assume it is 180 proof.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/25/02 at 12:13 (075005)

Berringer white zinfandel was one of my favorite wines when I was younger. Sounds like I might like merlot.

I noticed a shoe in the color 'Merlot' yesterday, online.

Carole C

rich on 2/26/02 at 21:23 (075140)

Carole...just how many pairs of shoes do you own? LOL

I'm still under orders to wear only my NB athletics...and with a closet full of pretty shoes I may never wear again.

Fellow Shoe Horse

rich on 2/26/02 at 21:25 (075141)

John, we brought back some really fine tequila from Mexico. Hubby keeps it in the freezer. Says it goes down real smooooooth. One smell and I'm afraid to try the stuff. Whew! Probably extremely flameable!!

Re: a.k.a. Imelda Marcos ? Maybe should found "Shoes Anonymous"? LOL

Carole C in NOLA on 2/26/02 at 21:40 (075142)

I used to have only one pair of shoes. Then I got PF.

In the five months since I got PF, I've bought Easy Spirits and Nikes (don't try either of those!), SAS, five pairs of Birkenstocks, and shower shoes. That makes 9 pairs of shoes in five months, an average of a new pair every two weeks.

The search for the perfect shoe, or 'How I Became Imelda Marcos'. Today I got my Birkenstock Tatami Fuldas, and they feel so good! Maybe they will be 'the shoe'. I always say that. LOL Of course, they are sandals and tonight the temperature is supposed to go down to the mid-20's, as you know since you live just 'down the road a piece'. Oh well.

The hilarious part is that I used to tease my daughter and call her Imelda, because she loves shoes for the fashion aspects. As for me, I just want to stop hurting and look presentable. LOL

I do think I want to try NB. Probably the NB 1121, but I will have to try them on first. Danskos may come right after that.

Oh well, at least I'm not addicted to drugs or alcohol. Just shoes. LOL

Carole C

Re: Okay Imelda!

rich on 2/26/02 at 21:55 (075144)

No addictions here either, but I have to say this PF could turn a person to drinking! Maybe Marguerita's!

Today was my Dad's 60th birthday and I took him out for lunch...dressed up nice, actually wore make-up, then reached over...and pulled on my tennis shoes!

My six year old could give Imelda a run for her money...already loves shoes and picks just the right styles...for her not my pocketbook!

Girls! What can you do?

Carole C in NOLA on 2/27/02 at 19:45 (075225)

Bet you thought I was kidding about the Merlot shoes... Try this link! :)

Carole C

Re: oops

Carole C in NOLA on 2/27/02 at 19:51 (075226)

well, you have to take the space out before birkenstock in the URL, to make it work. I'm not sure how it got there because I just copied and pasted. That's what you have to do too, rather than just click..... copy, paste, then remove that one space. Sorry.

Carole C

wendyn on 2/27/02 at 23:32 (075240)

Cook Birks...just for the record, I looked at their custom Birks link...my custom birks were casted by a pod - non weight bearing with plaster strips...their link reflects do-it-yourself foam box.

Carole C in NOLA on 2/28/02 at 00:03 (075243)

Well now that's a dream shoe... Merlot Floridas with a custom footbed. Don't wake me up, I'm not going to buy them (at least not yet) but what a nice dream. :)

Carole C