Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Considering ESWT

Posted by Kim B on 2/26/02 at 02:41 (075067)

I have been suffering with PF pain in my right foot for about 3 years now and have begun to experience the same in my left over the last 3 months or so. I have been through all the 'treatments' and nothing has helped. I am taking Vioxx and wearing othotics. They do not seem to help much at all. I work in a library and am up and down from my desk all day long. I know you all know the drill...constant pain.
I saw my Podiatrist a few weeks back and he suggested that I try ESWT. He just took a class and learned how to do it and is looking for guinnea pigs. He seemed very excited at the prospect that I was willing to give it a shot. I am really just about at the end of my rope. I can't face the idea of suffering through yet another summer in sandals. I NEED relief.
I am hoping to hear from some people who have had the treatment and would be willing to share their experiences and success/failures with me. As well any questions that I should be asking right now.
As with the other posts I read on this site today, I too am wondering if my insurance will cover it. My doc says since it's a relatively new therapy, some insurance companies are not yet covering it.
I am so happy to have stumbled (no pun intended) upon this site. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Kim B

Re: Considering ESWT

Carmen H on 3/03/02 at 13:15 (075546)

Your best bet is to just start reading the posts.....most people don't mind sharing their stories (especially if they are successful) but you would be better off to just start reading.
To find out if insurance covers it....call the Pod that you would use to get the ESWT and get the codes they use to bill...than call the insurance company and see if those codes are covered.

Re: Considering ESWT

Carmen H on 3/03/02 at 13:15 (075546)

Your best bet is to just start reading the posts.....most people don't mind sharing their stories (especially if they are successful) but you would be better off to just start reading.
To find out if insurance covers it....call the Pod that you would use to get the ESWT and get the codes they use to bill...than call the insurance company and see if those codes are covered.